Home

FINAL FANTASY

DrPhil2501

"So... if I got that right... this is a bypath? Three less hours on... our travel?"

"If we pass through the creek, yes. Beyond that will be a our exit..." he replied. He noticed it was getting slightly cold aroung here.

He pulled out his map again to see if there were any obstacles... nothing too serious. Alhtough there was a mountain top waiting on the otherside of the creek. Though that could probably be avoided unless the team had no other choice.

"Did I mention its gonna get pretty cold soon?" he said.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Angel shivered and rubbed her arms. "Oh man! Good thing I brought my coat with me. It's in my bag." She patted her backpack and grinned.

"Always prepared for anything. Well... sort of." As they continued, Angel turned to Souvi, Rueben, and Wonderbread. Angel always thought that those three had quite an adventure together. To her, it sounded cool.

Then she turned back ahead and sighed. "Man, I hope we get off this mountain... alive."

She never forgot about that Spirit Orb though. When they reach to where they're headed... she was hoping to get something to eat.

Souvi borrowed a coat from Rueben. His friend seemed to guess he would forget to bring one of his own. Guessed right. Even inside the backpack, the Orb itself seemed to emanate a some kind of warm. While it wasn't enough to keep Souvi of freezing, it was still a nice feeling on the back. The only drawback was that the crystal fragment was getting strangely heavier. The vertical hiking, along with the cold and the snow that started to cover their whole feet was making it difficult to walk.

"May I... suggest something?" Souvi said to the whole party as they did a small stop. It was visible he was more shaken and worn out than the others. "We could... exchange the Orb between us... on regular breaks.... It's getting heavy".

Rueben raised an eyebrow and Solidus had an incredulous look as Souvi stood there, waiting for a response.

Souvi gazed deeply into the young girl eyes, as if trying to read small letters encrypted somewhere on her iris. After a rather constraining silence, Souvi opened his backpack.

"Alright, but let's keep changing after this, it has really gotten heavier since we departed. Here, take it." He handed Angel the orb fragment. The small orange was now shining red and was warming the surroundings, but it didn't burned Souvi's hand, nor did it with Angel's as he could tell from her face.

"Is it alright?" He asked Angel as she stood there, holding the fragment.

Angel was focused with the Orb, as she held it in her hands. After she was lost in thought, Angel glanced back up at Souvi.

Then she smiled. "Oh, yeah! It's okay. Thank you." She placed the object in her backpack, and placed the bag on her back again.

It felt weird to hold something valuable like the Orb. There was something special about it. Sure, it led to what the crew wanted... but Angel knew there was something more.

Angel sighed, and continued to walk.

Randon noted the piece being put into Angel's bagpack. Hopefully it should be safe for now, unless they ran into some kind of trouble.

Randon speculated, after a journey of searching for the two remaining pieces, they find the hidden location of the Spirit Orb. From what he heard, it sounds more of a weapon that can exterminate any species... but what other capabilities did it possess?

Suddenly, Randon had just notcied clumps of ice laying on the green grass. The temperature has drastically changed. Where were they?

He pulled out his map, and saw that they were at they were entering the ice fields atop of the mountain. He could swear they were following the correct course around it. Perhaps they encountered certain obstacles that prevented them from going around the ice fields.

Looks like the only quick way out was to go right through the mountain top...

"We have a problem... it looks like we somehow entered the mountain top! I don't know how, 'cause I could swear we were following the correct course... or maybe its my friggin map!"

"Really?" Angel asked. She walked up by Randon, and glanced down at his map. It looked like they did enter the mountain top.

Angel never noticed that. "That's weird. I never went this far up on a mountain top. Otherwise, I'd fall down."

She scratched her head, wondering. Then she giggled. "Well'p! At least this will beat the world's record! 'Pirates, in search of something valuable reaches the mountain top!' Cool." Angel laughed.

Then she returned her focus on the real situation. "Ahem! Right. Uh... let's think of a way to get off somehow..." She smiled, nevously.

"Dammit!" Souvi could be heard complaining. "I knew it, I just knew we should have let that thing to do the coffee and only that!"

Souvi though he could be overreacting for an instant, but traveling up on the top wasn't really what he would call a bright idea. He touched his ankle, remembering his single, and what he hoped, last, encounter with a dragon. The mark he had left there wouldn't make him forget it's lizard face anytime soon.

"Good call!" He rose, along with his sarcastic face. "Seems we're screwed. Well, up and upward?"

Errol stood behind Angel, looking downward past her shoulder onto the map. Yup, they were right on top of the mountain top. It was strange that the map led them astray- or maybe it was just ol' Randons fault. Errol smiled at that, and felt a cold wind head his way. He shiverred slightly, taking in the coldness that one could find in any mountaintop. He crossed his arms, for bodily heat, and walked in a circle. The past few days had been....interisting, to say the least. The encounter with Tonberries, him getting lost...

He chuckled to himself slightly at that, and brushed a lock of his hair out of eye. I must do better, for them. He looked at them all, with his dim amber eyes, and saw how each one of them had made somewhat of a mission- except for him. He promised to himself that he would contribute in any way he could this time around. The White Mage rubbed his eyes tiredly; his mind reminding him they had not slept for quite awhile. They would have to set camp soon- that or leave the Mountains very soon. The mention of Dragons did send a chill down his spine, but kept on a smile never-the-less.

"So, the plan? Get off the Mountain as soon as possible?" He said, sitting down on a couple of logs that lay down on the ground. "Or should we set camp, first?"

[[ Did anyone miss me? :D ]]

(( I sure did, Meowster. :) ))

Angel turned, and looked down at Errol. She smiled, glad to hear him speak again. It's like he's been silent throughout the whole journey.

"I dunno. We could use a rest again. But on a Mountain...?" She looked around, skeptically. Then Angel glanced at Errol again.

She grinned. "I really don't know. I say get off the Mountain soon.."

((Ah Meowster... I've been so lonely without you :lol: give us a hug! ))

Randon considered resting. But why stick around if they were just going to freeze? It would be best to get off this mountain asap. Besides, we never knew what dangers may be lurking within the snow.

He pulled stared at his map again. Perhaps it was interferance with a satelite. Still, it displayed the image and mappings of the entire mountain top.

"If we really want off of this bloody mountain, there's a cave not too far around here... it runs right through the canyon, providing us with an alternative exit..."

He put the map away. His legs were tired from walk, and he was certain everybody would just feel the same.

"Alright, we can all take a short five minute break. Afterthat, we move on..."

Angel sat next to Errol. She then wrapped her arms around her, trying to fight the cold. Angel chuckled.

"Man. This reminds me of the winter days I had when my parents and I lived on the farm." The memory of her parents brought pain to her heart... but she did her very best not to think about it.

She also thought about the Orb. Once they find the rest of the piece... who knew what would happen then.

Angel sighed, and placed her gloved hands on her cheeks, resting her elbows on her legs.

((Meowster, fancy meeting you back here. Going to stay, right?))

It would be crazy to stop without making a proper fire to warm themselves. With his small magic potential, Souvi lighted the brushwoods he remembered to store on his backpack before leaving the canyon. He tried to determine what hour of the day it was, but the sky was so full of snow flakes, that the sun was barely visible. He estimated it was sometime around the evening. They had better find somewhere to spend the night soon.

"I'm just wondering..."Souvi said to Randon "Is this cave you spotted near enoug for us to reach before the night? You see, getting turned into an ice-cream may seem tasty, but it isn't really healthy."

He turned to Angel, who seemed fine so far. "And, missy, you sure you don't want to pass the fragment now to someone else?"

Errol looked up at her, rubbed his eyes, and nodded smiling. His tired eyes looked at the bright, shimmering orb, and it immediately and took away any fatigue. He looked at it thoughtfully, and opened up his robe, to his belt, and held out his hand for the Orb.

"Yeah, its okay." Errol said gentely, opening up a canister. "It should be safe here."

((Yes, I'm back. HOPEFULLY for good. My new compy is here~~<3 ))

Souvi sighted and opened a smiled as he looked the boy putting the fragment into a hold. He didn't actually meant Angel to give it to the young boy - but, it was better than the Wondy Royal brat. And, he thought, if I ever learned something with Rueben is that mages aren't to be underestimated.

He got up, his spirit renowned, and with a hand gesture, the fire extinguished... Mostly. He had to drop discreetly some snow around it for the bonfire to go out. "Time to resume the trip..." He got up and putting the backpack behind his back, he started walking. Then stopped and asked, his back facing everybody. "Er, where to 'Randy'?"

((^ Lol, I knew someone would call me that some time))

Randon got up aswell, and looked back at his map. If this thing was accurate enough, the cave should be near by. He stared up at Souvi.

"The cave ain't that far, mate. Only a few kilometers away from here..." he pointed in the direction where the cave ought to be. "Due east..."

He forced himself to walk through the ice and cold. He looked out at the distance of the magnificant view of the entire canyon from up here in the mountain top.

A few hours had passed, and they had crossed at least five kilometers of snow. According to the map, the cave oughta be right at their current position. Randon glared out at the view. Nothing but white snow.

"Why did I throw the receipt away for this worthless so-called "map"?" he complained. He took a step forward. "The cave is supposed to be right here, but it---"

He suddenly heard a loud cracking from beneath his own feet. He looked down in time to see the ground before him collapsed and formed a massive hole, carrying Randon with it. He screamed as he fell down the hole...

He was sliding through a long, narrow tunnel facing downwards. The rock walls around him were covered with the crystal blue ice. The icy cold wind blew through his face, and he landed face-first out of the sliding tunnel and onto a snow covered floor. He groaned as he lifted his face up...

Angel gasped when Randon fell in the opened hole from beneath him. "Randon!!" She went after him.

The young girl was sliding down the tunnel of ice. It was totally cool! As the ride went on, Angel shouted with excitement. "Yeah!!!"

Suddenly, she found herself by Randon's side, who was lying on the floor. The young girl sat there, not saying anything. Then her joy came back up. "Yeah! Whooo!!" She hit Randon's arm with a smile on her face.

"That was totally wicked!" she said, almost out of breath.

As he walked behind Angel and Randon, there was a sharp snap, and then a hollow yell. "Randon!!", came Angel's voice.

He was confused as to what exactly had happend, and he then noticed that Randon had fallen down a hole. Errol was unsure whether or not it would be wise to rush in there- seeing as it could possibly lead to certain death- but that did not stop Angel.

"Angel, wai-" She already jumped after him. After hearing a distant thud, and then some cheering yells, he looked at everyone else, and then the hole. It was now obviously safe, and he slowly plunged into the hole, reaching his foot in slowly, only to fall in after a shift of balance. All he could feel was great speed, and his body creating friction for the ice. In a rush of bewilderment, he looked down as good as possible, to see the long swoops and turns the tunnel-hole would go through.

After a couple of seconds, Errol relaxed, and started having laughter, and cheering himself on. In a couple of seconds, which felt like minutes, he landed flat on the ground, next to the excited Angel, and dangerously close to Randon, where if he were only a few inches away, he would've fallen right on him. He laid motionless, his eyes closed as he panted back and forth, and let out a sigh.

"I'm dizzy..." He groaned, trying to sit up. After a few seconds, his eyes could focus, and he tried to make view of the surroundings. The snow was most of what gave light, save a few slight cracks in the ceiling. Other than that, the area above them was basically an abyss of darkness. The ground was the closest source of light, so he kept his eyes on the snow, and pulled himself up.

"...that was fun and all, but...er...what now?"

"Ouch!" Randon yelped when Angel accidently hit his injured arm. He pulled himself out of the snow and sat up. Then he laughed.

"I better start getting used to surprises..." he chuckled. Randon then stood up to examine their surroundings. They were in an enourmous cavern shrouded in darkness. The ceiling above revealed rows of pointing ice stacalitites.

"Anybody got a flash light, or something?" he asked everyone. He could make out some parts of the cave, but it was all too dark for exploration.

Angel giggled. "Sorry 'bout that, Randon. But that was totally awesome!" She heard sliding behind her. The other crew members came as well. Thank goodness, everyone was safe.

"Anybody got a flash light, or something?"

Angel glanced in her backpack, and pulled out a fully charged flashlight. Then she handed it to Randon. "Boy, it's a good thing I brought this along. Otherwise, we'd be blind in darkness."

She turned to Errol, Rueben, Souvi, and the others. "You guys okay?"

Souvi looked down to the crater that had been opened. After Angel jumped out of reaction after Randon, and then Errol cautiously did the same, he heard some screams of joy and asked if it was everything okay. The answer came all scrambled and he couldn't picture what the hell they're yelling back... But, if there was an answer, they were alive. He put his hand on his forehead and shook it. Now this... Souvi thought.

For a moment he thought it would be wise for them to split up on two groups; one on the surface and the other one down under, but he didn't really wanted to split now, not while the orb was away from him, and especially not at the White Death. He jumped (Not before saying a "You first..." to Solidus) and fell down the toboggan. For what seemed half a minute, he kept falling, until he hit hard a tuft of snow.

Souvi groaned something as he got up and cleaned his clothes. Everyone was already on foot, and Randon was holding a flashlight. There seemed to be some kind of extension to that tunnel. Souvi was pondering if they could trust the half-elf's map once more, when Angel asked if they were fine.

"Ignoring my clothes, yeah we are." He answered plainly.

Errol scratched his head casually, and nodded. "A bump or two, but I guess everything is okay now." He laid down on the snow once again, the coolness meeting his heated clothes felt good. The flashlight was the biggest relief, otherwise they would have to scavage through the darkness. Which did NOT suit The White Mage much.

He held his hand on a little bruise on his knee, and looked around again. Nothing really except the pale snow, the still ice walls, and the occasional stalagmites and stalactite's. He looked at Randon, sighed, and stood up once again.

"Other than us, do you think anything else is...down here?" Errol answered, looking around cautiously.

"It's hard to say..." Souvi crossed his arms and said, thoughtfully. "Actually, I was thinking about the same thing. But, judging for these icy walls, and how deep this cave is, plus that toboggan here, I would say that this isn't a natural formation..."

He felt his voice dying on him. What if it was a dragon lair? They couldn't have chosen a worst place to fall in. And it seemed bad how everything started to make sense suddenly: The cave seemed big enough for a Dragon to sleep in, warm enough to keep him from freezing and the toboggan was a perfect source of water. He uncrossed his arms and went back at the faintly illuminated tunnel they dived on and touched it. The surface was soft, as if made of pure frozen water.

"Well, we can't go back the way we came" Souvi commented, feeling like a complete idiot for jumping.

Archived