Home

FINAL FANTASY

DrPhil2501

"Well this was built for carrying ancient artifacts," Solidus said proudly "But that was before we ripped out the cargo bay and sold it for faster engines. Anyway, i think we should keep it on this ship. Theres so much crap lying around here, so I'm sure I'll find a secure location on my ship for the piece."

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Angel nodded. "I agree with Captain Solidus. We could keep it here." She looked at everyone. It was good that they were cooperating instead of fighting. But she still had to stay alert.

She turned to Souvi. "I guess... Rueben's gonna go with you guys now. But it's okay! It was nice knowing him and Wonderbread... I mean, his Majesty."

Angel smiled, trying to hide the sadness. "Well'p! Shall we go now?"

((PK, What do you mean? The description of Souvi's friend, right? If so, don't worry, I will.))

"Yes, I couldn't agree more." Souvi conceded to the other crew, not saying directly to anyone. "Besides, if this thing attract Deth as it seems to, I would rather that a stronger ship defended it... Yes, Rim?"

Rim touched Souvi's shoulder, and when the captain asked what it was, he said. "I think we're all desconsidering an important factor here. The Deth. They must still be waiting for us outside. We had luck on the first meeting, but will it happen again?" He asked, rhetorically, not expecting any answer aside from other questions.

"What are you suggesting, then?" Souvi asked him.

"Let's go on foot and leave the orb behind for now." Rim answered. "That way, we avoid the immediate Deth threat, and can make to the town undected. When we're about to reach the first town with an airdrome, we call for all the non-essential crewmembers of our own ships, that will stay behind guarding the orb and our ships, and they come as fast as they can with the orb and without any mechanized abnormalities on their tails. Sounds like a plan?"

((Well, people. I wanted for us to explore the mountains a little more. You know, we're always exploring the environments on FF games, and skipping it via airship just wouldn't do. The Deth near presence was the most feasible explanation as to why they wouldn't go on the airship.))

((Actually, a brief description of Souvi's home town :) ))

"Doesn't sound like a problem to me! Just how far is this town from here?"

"I suggest we gather what we need before our little voyage." said Cid. "Guns, weapons, medical supplies... only supplies we need. Meanwhile, Captain Solidus and I will set up the auto-defences of the ship, so no one stupid enough will break through!"

((Oh, right. ASAP.))

"Well... We can't really make into my village on anything less than a week or so." Souvi answered the half-elf. "That is, if we keep an exhaustive and constant pace, and I'm not familiarised with this route we're on. But don't worry, we'll probably stop on the nearest town from here with an airdrome and then... By the way, Rim. What's the nearest one?"

Surprisingly, Rim picked a reduced world map from his pocket and started analysing it. "Hmm... Seems it's Ayshell." He reported, carefully staring at the map. "I would say it's two days from here. Luck of ours, it's the only settlement with an airdrome on the Mountains.

"Thanks, Rim." Souvi replied, then turned to Solidus "Okay, captain, we have 48 hours of travel on front of us, I'd say you get everything ready. I know I will."

Errol listened to all of them, with great interist. He, himself, did not speak, for he did not wish to interrupt any conversation the two were having, but:

He stepped forward, and looked at both of them. "Just to let you know, the potions have been restocked." Errol stepped backward, and looked back down at his feet. Well, there was one less annoyence off they're mind.

Despite his outward calmness, he was looking forward to visiting a new town. All his life, he had only ventured about...seven villages or so? The White Mage folded his arms, and awaited what the Captains would say next.

"Right!" Angel said. "And I've got my Blast Power ready for anything!" Blue aura formed in her hands, but then she willed it to disappear.

She turned to Errol, and placed a hand on his shoulder. "So we got some good potions we could use, Errol? I myself already have the healing potion you gave me. I think I forgot to thank you on that."

Angel smiled. Seeing Errol timid made her more timid too. Then she turned to the others. "So? Are we ready to rock?" Then, she acted like she was playing a guitar. Angel stopped. "Oh, sorry. That was so random..."

He stepped forward, and looked at both of them. "Just to let you know, the potions have been restocked." Errol stepped backward, and looked back down at his feet. Well, there was one less annoyence off they're mind.

"Uh... Thanks bud. I trust you have a phoenix down with you just in case?" Rim asked the young mage.

Angel smiled. Seeing Errol timid made her more timid too. Then she turned to the others. "So? Are we ready to rock?" Then, she acted like she was playing a guitar. Angel stopped. "Oh, sorry. That was so random..."

"I think so, miss..." Souvi informed the silver haired girl. "I'm sorry, I don't think I know your name yet."

Souvi turned and told Rim to inform the crew of what they were going to do next and to leave the ship ready. "Oh, and tell them not to relax on our absency. I may have left, but the Deth are nearby." Souvi said with a wink.

Errol chuckled softly to Angel...seeing her being random let off some form of peace for him. "Well, I have Three Phoenix Downs...we must be wary, considering how hard it is to even aqcuire these." Of course it went without saying, but everyone needed to know they had to try they're best to avoid death.

He was in the works of learning a new spell, one that could return others beings if they passed out unconcious. A spell which his Master was in the middle of creating- and it would have been legendary if he could have completed it.

He pointed to a belt around his waist- evident were ten potions, three tufts of Phoneix downs, and one remedy. ", and Miss Angel, its quite alright." He said with a smile.

"I think so, miss..." Souvi informed the silver haired girl. "I'm sorry, I don't think I know your name yet."

Angel smiled brightly. "Angel Marton, at your service!" Her black silver hair waved around rapidly as she grew happy.

Then she turned to Errol. "Thanks, Errol. It's just that... I'm really excited to go on new adventures..." She jumped on a rock, as if she was an explorer. "Facing danger... fighting bad guys... saving the day... there's lots of stuff out there to seek!"

She looked down at everyone. Her black eyes twinkled with joy.

Solidus groaned as he drink one of Errol's potions to cure his wounds from the Deth confrontation. "Never thought I'd be setting out on a quest to save Gaia. Bah, there'd better be treasure at the end of all this or someone's head will be forfeit. But imagine the irony of all this if we're successful. Pirates of the sky, outcasts of Gaia, the unwanted, saving it's sorry ass, oh I'd love to see the look on a few politicians faces when they hear what we did... when we do it."

As he observed Angel leaving the main act, Souvi turned to Solidus. "I hardly think of this as filatropy, captain." Souvi said. "This is about survival, and there's lotsa profit to be made when we get to the piece."

Souvi checked with him to see if he had brought his own item set. "Sure, Souvi." Rim asked, pointing at his bag. "Still, it's not much.". Good. He'd hate to depend on that other boy for support.

"Should we depart... Solidus?" Souvi asked, his known sardonic smile on face. "Or should we wait 'til morning, after the breakfast?"

"The sooner we get off the ground the better," Solidus replied before turning around and walking towards the Gliding Angel. It was no secrete that Solidus love was for the sky and he never felt happy while walking upon solid ground. "The world isn't going to save itself so it's best we get a move on and be as fast as we can."

Though Randon was starting to feel a little tired, he could stand staying up a few hours for the journey. They could set up a camp after about three hours into the travel.

He walked inside the ship and into his Cabin. He grabbed what he needed: Extra Ammunition clips, bagpack filled with sleeping bag, toiletries and medicine, and his electronic map of the entire world of Gaia. Quite a nifty device it was, as it used Satelites to pin point locations like a GPS unit.

After a few minutes, he met everyone outside. Them suddenly, a thought had just struck through Randon's head. "Hey, err guys... and girls... uh, wouldn't it make sense if we brought the Piece with us? There wouldn't be much point travelling such a long way looking for some Rune Translator without giving him some sort of reference..."

Angel turned and looked at Randon. She thought the idea was a good one. "Yeah. I agree with him."

She glanced down, noticing the sleeping bag and other equipments Randon had. "So uh... we're building camp? 'Cause I do feel kinda tired."

The young teenager sat on a nearby rock, yarning. It had been a long day... fighting off Deth warriors... and trying to find the Piece. It all made her tired.

Errol chuckled softly to Angel...seeing her being random let off some form of peace for him. "Well, I have Three Phoenix Downs...we must be wary, considering how hard it is to even aqcuire these." Of course it went without saying, but everyone needed to know they had to try they're best to avoid death.

"Great... that means we'll run out of it pretty soon..." Rueben said, rolling his eyes. "Souvi here just loves to be target practice. Wait... I think I have some stored on our ship, I'll get it just in case."

Rueben walked towards the ship behind Souvi...

"So... are you sure we want to take a ship? I mean the Deth will be out scouting for the Angel and for... uhhhh... well, Souvi, what's you're ship's name? Anyway... it would be wise to leave them hidden, instead of flying about making our presence known. Maybe we should just walk to the village." Wonderbread said, staring down at his feet.

Rueben walked slowly out of the ship, carrying three more containers of Pheonix Down... he stuffed them into his pocket, while concealing another container behind the other three... a container of special healing potion... that was even more rare than Pheonix Down.

((How big is the Orb fragment anyway? Because my idea was to leave it with the ship and the remaining crew members then call them when we'd reached Ayshell.))

"Well, that was the idea, genius." Souvi said to Rueben. "I know you got used to the Eagle's humming, but we're going on foot. Too risky with those Deth nearby... Hey, what do you got there? Another Phoenix Down trio? And... Are those what I'm thinking?"

"I'm not sure about the piece being with us..." Rim pointed out. "That would be an extra worry. Besides, I'm sure it'll be more protected if we leave it here." Souvi nodded as a response.

"We shouldn't take too long, anyway. I've heard the Cold Dragons are out of their lairs by the dawn." A worringly Souvi said. By himself, he was all ready. Knife at hand. As well as his pistol and goggles. Oh, couldn't forget about his sword. Check.

((About the size of an orange :) And yeah, I suppose your idea is a good one... I suggest the pilots remain behind so they can control the ships. ))

"He raises a good point..." Cid replied. "In which case, I shall stay behind as the so I can pilot the Angel as soon as you give me the signal!"

"Great, well... I'll set up the navigations on my Eletronic Map!" after punching in a few buttons on the touch-screen menu of the device, Randon was able get their directions.

"This way..." he pointed in the direction of the mapped pathway. "We can set up camp in the next two-or-three hours..."

Angel shrugged and nodded. "Sounds good to me." She continued to sit on the rock, looking at the others.

If they were followed by the Deth, then there would be trouble. But the others were too smart to get captured or killed.

It didn't matter, because as long as they kept the Orb safe... there would be no problems.

Angel got up, and ran in front of Souvi, stopping him at his tracks. "So uh... you taking the Orb with ya?" She smiled, waiting for his answer patiently.

"Yeah, yeah, I think you've won." Souvi smiled to her. "The piece will come with us, then. Rim... I count on you." Rim showed his acknoledgement with a nod and got into the ship.

"I think we're all set." Souvi said, getting near Randon. He noticed his eletronic map. "Great device you've got there. Does it makes cofee too? Man, the trip hasn't even started and I'm already a waste."

"No, but it can play Tetris..." Randon responded to Souvi's question. "Anyway, the sooner we get there, the better!"

And from there, the crew had exited the area of the canyon and entered the forest, darkened black by the night.

As the electronic map was one of the Light sources surrounding them, Randon was infront of the group to lead the way. They climbed through layers of rainforest shrouded by shadow. The rushing sound of water could be heard nearby, most likely the creek as seen on Randon's map.

Three hours they travelled, kreeping on dead leaves and walking through green branches. At last, they made a halt at a bank of a creek. The clearing was fairly large, enough space to set up camp for the night.

Randon feeling awfully tired, brought his bagpack to the ground. He pulled his desired content from it; the sleeping bag. As well as a four, metal balls with a button engraved on its surface.

He placed them around the camp, and pressed the buttons. Then he turned to the others to explain what they were. "Repellents!" he said. "To keep animals and bugs away so they won't bother our sleep!"

"Hey, natural boy." Souvi called Randon. "How good is to camp on the garden if you can't feel the nature around you?" After three mosquitoes landed on him, he applied his own personal repelent. Souvi got down on his back, resting.

So here we are. He thought as he observed his surroundings. The greenery was like an oasis on the desert, as it wouldn't last long. After they'd left the creek, the white-greyed and frozen landscape would show up again. The young captain crossed his arm behind the head and breathed longly. Then closed his eyes for a moment.

No use. He was tired, but couldn't sleep. He started observing the fireflies that seemed to be running on circles outside Randon's invisible insects barrier. So shiny... That remembers me of... He got his backpack and picked the fragment up. The Zhenertian rune showed up, as usual.

Angel placed her sleeping bag next to Randon's. Then she sat down, and sighed. The thought about the fight with the Deth creatures clouded her mind. Everything changed for the young girl.

The thought of revenge also changed. After what Cid told her... would she continue her revenge? Angel closed her eyes, thinking. Then she looked at her hands. Blue aura formed around it. Then, it disappeared.

Angel laid her head on her backpack, and looked at the stars. Then she turned to Randon. "Hey, Randon? Have you ever thought about getting revenge against someone? Like the Deth?"

"Hey, natural boy." Souvi called Randon. "How good is to camp on the garden if you can't feel the nature around you?"

"Hey, if you wanna get eaten alive by insects and carnivorous animals, don't come crying to me!"

He took his coat off and placed it at the foot of his sleeping bag. As well as his belt and boots. He then slipped into his sleeping bag, and glanced over at Angel when she asked him the question;

"Have you ever thought about getting revenge against someone? Like the Deth?"

"To tell you the truth, yes. I'm... not the type who hold grudges, but..."

He lay down on his pillow and looked up at the night stars. "I once lived in a small community of elves, where I was raised by my foster family. The Deth invaded when I was very young, and destroyed my entire village..."

"Luckily, there were many survivors after the encounter... excluding my adoptive parents. It took me quite a while to get over the grief." the painful memories of burning buildings and suffering elves lingered within Randon's head.

"I hate the Deth for killing my only family, just as much as the man who I aim my vengence on..." Randon didn't want to discuss it any further. The fact that the Serial Killer was still out on the loose made the half-elf disgusted. Now, all he wanted to do now was sleep.

"I'll see you in the morning... or afternoon if we sleep in..." he chuckled. Then he shut his eyes.

Archived