Home

FINAL FANTASY

DrPhil2501

Angel raised her arms, and flapped them back down on her waist. "Great. Now we're doomed! That's just brilliant!" The young girl sat on the snow, crossing her arms.

"Let's face it. We're gonna die. That's just it. We're done." Angel sighed heavily, and glanced down. The thought of being trapped in a ice cave brought confusion and fear to the young pirate.

She smirked. "Guess this might lead us to the unknown..." She then looked at Errol. "You still got the Orb, Errol?"

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Errol nodded, and raised his robe, revealing his belt, holding several potions, and canisters. He opened up one of them, and dug his left hand into it, and took out the sleek, shimmering orb. The orb itself was probably the greatest source of light; almost as if it took nearly all of the light in the snow cave into the orb, and synthesized it into a light source.

Errol looked up at the Orb pensively, admiring all of its smooth, sleek textures. "Y-yes, I still have it." He took his eyes off from the Orb, to once again look at the cave. The air was quite damp, although it held a natural smell.

Looking down at the ground, he noticed marks on the ground. Footprints!?. He crouched to the ground, looking at the marks on the ground. "You guys, we aren't the only people in here. Come over here, look, footprints!" He said, pointing to the ground.

He tucked away the orb, and waited for the rest of the party to come.

"Human footprints?" Souvi asked, unbelieving. But his question was immediately responded when he saw the clear marks of boots on the soft snow. He asked for more light and Randon came by his side, holding the flashlight high above their heads. Souvi crouched to analyze the snow better. Unless that person passed there a hundred times, it was group, a big group, judging for the quantity of boot marks.

"...About as three times the size of our group." he concluded his reasoning. The prints were pretty conserved on the snow, but not enough to determine the nature of the kind of boot that made them. "Meaning, I can't really say it's military, or..."

"... or perhaps Deth?" Randon finished the sentence. He examined the footprints carefully, but wasn't able to identify what they came from. They indeed formed some kind of humanoid foot.

He pointed the flashlight into the further darkness of the cave. There was a large pool ahead, and what appeared to be a bridge crossing over it. The water glinted as the light flashed over it. Randon looked back at Errol, as he was the first to discover the foot prints.

"What do you think?"

Angel walked over to the pool. She formed a ball of light in her left hand, giving off light in the cave a little. She smacked her forehead and smiled.

"Duh! I coulda just made light with my hand. Seriously, I have got to learn my powers more." She stopped by the pool, and knelt by it.

The water looked so calm, that it calmed Angel's spirit as well. She grinned. "I wonder if it's some kind of magical pool," Angel thought to herself.

She glanced back at the others, who were still observing the footprints in the snow. Then she looked back at the pool. Angel began to reach for the water, so she could touch it...

Errol looked thoughtfully at the footprints, and knelt down next to them. The footprints was somewhat bulky, yet was more agile than a Deth. "No, I don't think its a Deth. See how angular it is? From what I remember, the Deth had bulky err-footwear." He held his finger up to his head in thought. "It is most likely a lost group, or perhaps Military. Should we look for this fellow?"

"What do you think Angel-?" Errol started to say as he looked up at the group surrounding him, and noticed Angel standing in the background by the pool. Looking at the collection of water more closely for the first time, he noticed exaclty how rivting it was, almost inticing. Looking at its luminescent glow from the light held by Angel, each of the currents held his gaze.

An instant thought travelled to his head- Mana Springs. A theory by some, but widely believed as truth by most Mages, Mana Springs were theorized that when magicite was stored into a regular spring, the Mana stored in Magicite would spread to the water, making it a place for the healing of vitality and magic. His master spoke of them regularily; supposidly after millionia of storing, the pool would take in the effects.

"You guys, as strange as this might sound, we're safe here." He pointed to the pool and explained all. Of course, it was all a theory, but it had all of the factors listed for it: Light blue colouring, Light seemed to radiate from it, and the look was compelling to the human eye.

"So, if the theory is correct, we can wait here for awhile and rest up; or, we could look for the group; or just find our way out of here."

"Lets find our way out of here, then..." Randon replied. He walked towards the water and glanced down at the glowing pool. It was quite admiring to look at.

He knelt down, scooped his hand with the water and sipped it. It was quite refreshing and cool. Then he felt the wond on his warm quickly healing away. He unwrapped the bandage, and saws the cut all healed and cleaned.

"Wow, thats some damn fine water!" he took another sip. Then he stood up and walked across the bridge with the flash light in his hand, flooding the darkness...

"Wow, thats some damn fine water!" Angel heard Randon say.

The young girl cocked her head. "Really?" She also took a sip of the water. Suddenly, she too noticed that the cut she had from the wretched Tonberry healed up. She smiled.

"Mhm. Nice." Still kneeling, she turned towards the others. "Guess we gotta continue... huh? Oh well..." Angel got up, and walked beside Errol. "Boy, Errol. As a White Mage, you sure know your stuff about magic!"

She giggled. "Maybe I should be taking lessons from you on how to control my powers!"

So that was a Mana Spring. Souvi remembered Rueben mentioning it, and was always poking around remote towns looking for flasks of those fluids.

"So, whoever passed here before must have..." Souvi knelled on the unusually warm snow around the well. "Must have stopped here to rest up before resuming their trip. Still, I can't help but think something drove them off."

He was now staring at the clear water. It was indeed a beauty. Even on the darkened environment they were, he could see the floor of the spring. Deep. Suddenly, he remembered how valuable that water could be. He just needed a flask...

Randon pulled out his flask, unscrewed the lid and sipped the toung-stinging liquid... but it was empty. He shook it upside down.

"Aw shucks!" he screwed the cap back on. "Anyone want my flask?" he asked everyone.

He shun the light further into the cavern. It was quite amazing. There was a upward spiraling road, running straight under a connecting bridge where it led to a open archway. The rest of the cavern were glowing waterfalls falling into the Mana Spring.

"You have to admire mother nature's work..." Randon muttered. He followed the spiraling stair case.

Angel followed as well. This place was fascinating than ever! Being in a cave like this made the young woman feel welcomed here.

"Man! This is amazing. Mana Springs... a spiraling staircase... it's all wonderful." She scratched her head. "Hey Souvi? I've been thinking... do you think there's any 'Dragons' in this cave? 'Cause if there is, I'll scream."

She laughed. "Just kidding..."

"Aw shucks!" he screwed the cap back on. "Anyone want my flask?" he asked everyone.

As Randon said that, Souvi's face lit on happiness... or whatever emotion he could have near that.

"Thank ya!" Said he when grabbing the flask from Randon's hand. his excitement was so big he didn't even bothered on hiding the fact that he was getting some water from the spring. A short dive was enough to fill the flask completely. It almost didn't looked as there was something on the flask, in fact, if it wasn't for the water's weight one could swear it was empty.

"Man! This is amazing. Mana Springs... a spiraling staircase... it's all wonderful." She scratched her head. "Hey Souvi? I've been thinking... do you think there's any 'Dragons' in this cave? 'Cause if there is, I'll scream."

Souvi was admiring his newly acquired 'mana' container when Angel asked that. Distracted, he answered:

"I really don't know if dragons appreciate the water from those wells, but... Something here just matches the eerie setup of a dragon lair."

"Perhaps its a water dragon? I hope its not a Wyvern, those things are tough to kill..." Randon continued to climb up the spiraling staircase. "But aside from the water, this looks like a good natural habitat for a particular Wyvern... or something even worse..."

He reached the top and entered the dark archway. The Flashlight lit up a downward hallway, with cold blue ice acting as the walls... or more like windows, with a glowing opaque blue aura outside. Randon slid a gloved hand across the wet ice.

He continued down the hall, and entered another vast cavern. It mostly consited of Stalegmites growing out of the ice floor and the surrounding Mana pools. Several passages led into different directions into the darkness.

There was a large, dark figure sitting in the corner of the cavern. Randon remained silent and didn't dare flash the light at the demonic-looking sihilouete. He remained still...

As Angel came up from behind Randon, she bumped on his back accidently. The young teenaged girl noticed that he looked rather troubled about something.

When she looked up ahead, there was a dark figure... just sitting there. Angel grew afraid herself.

"What is that thing? If it's a Deth... we're in trouble. But if it's something worse... oh man!" Angel thought. She looked at the other crew from behind, and told them to stand down quietly.

Angel glared at the dark figure. "Well, whatever it is, it's not gonna block our path!" She waited to see what the figure was going to do.

"Randon... do you know what that is?" she asked.

Errol walked up the Spiral Staircase with everyone else. It indeed was magical. Having walking around the spiral, and seeing seperate sides of the location from which he was at earlier, he realised there was not just ONE spring, but a collection! The pools light blue reflection shimmered onto the base of the spiral, as the party walked upwards to whatever they would meet next.

Walking little in pace, his eyes were found looking at all of the strange magical formations occured from the magicite. Before they left, Errol took about a minute to wash his hair in the spring. Strangely, as his head felt the water cool his face, his head collided with something. He picked it up, and left the Spring; as did everyone else. He never really cared to look at it, he just somewhat absent-mindedly put it away. Digging into his pocket, he felt the stem of a grainy, smooth piece of...a rock? Errol took it out to examine it...a light blue flash slowly emmited from the rock.

A piece of Magicite!? Could it really be...?. "You guys, look what I-" Looking up, all Errol say was the faint collection of footsteps. "Oh jeez..." The boy started running to the direction the party left, and stumbled into them.

"You guys look-" He was immediately shushed by someone. The cavern was mostly barren- except for the dark sihilouete. No detail's could be made of it; Just its shape, and the heavy breathing coming out of it.

Randon staggered slightly when Angel accidently bumped into him. He urged everyone to be quiet.

Randon was the first to shush Errol for exclaiming something he found in his pocket. It didn't matter now, as all that mattered was the huge, monstrous shape in the far end of the cavern.

"Randon... do you know what that is?" Angel had asked. Randon squinted at the dark figure. His elf senses only limit to sound, but he could hear the heavy, breathing given by the monster. This was no Deth warrior.

"I think its a dragon..." he replied in a whisper. The head of the large beast looked up at the intruders. Glowing-blue eyes were piercingly staring at the group. Randon didn't need his ultra-hearing to listen to the hissing-like breathing of the winged-reptile. It was not happy to see them...

"Souvi... is that thing who I think it is?" he whispered. "White Death?"

"Souvi... is that thing who I think it is?" Randon whispered. "White Death?"

Souvi didn't answered immediately. He was trying to reach out his knife. Ordinarily, Souvi could get past anything with his fellow dagger'n pistol, but that time he wished he had something... heavier to throw on...

"The... THE White Death..." He breathed heavily. Then, with his eyes focused on the tall, bestial figure, he said to the others almost whispering "Maybe... we can reason with it. Tell it we just want to pass, but..."

Souvi remembered he had done something that might had just condemned them all...

He stole the water from the mana spring.

Angel glanced at Souvi. "Is it angry because... it knew we drank from the Mana Springs?" She turned around and saw Souvi looking worried.

She then turned back towards the White Death. Wow. This was her first time actually seeing a Dragon! But she wanted to remain still... unless this thing wanted to attack first... then she could battle it!

The young girl frowned confusingly. "What'cha think it's gonna do us?" She turned to Errol.

"Have you seen a creature like this before?" Angel asked quietly.

whispering "Maybe... we can reason with it. Tell it we just want to pass, but..."

"Are you crazy? Do you really think a dragon could talk?"

"Do not underestimate my inteligence, half-elf!" Randon heard a voice within his head. He then gulped at the fear brought from the cold, dark voice.

"Are you White Death?" Randon asked the dark figure.

"Yes...I am refered to such a name. I even live up to its meaning..."

"Eh, heh heh... listen. Uh... could you please let us pass through? We're kinda in a hurry..."

"No! White Death replied.

"... okay then..."

"You are trespassing within my property! I know you have stolen a sample of my springs! Now you must pay the price..."

Angel stared at the mighty beast, as it looked at the group. To her, it looked angry. White Death's eyes glared so hard, it almost scared her. The young girl decided to come before it.

She wanted to say, "Listen, you overgrown lizard! My friends and I are trying to get out of this darn cave! And if you don't like it... call me Stubborn, but we'll pass by!" But she didn't.

Instead, Angel stood a few feet looking up at the creature. She breathed heavily. "Excuse me... White Death?" There was silence. Then Angel continued.

"Uhh... my f-friends and I... w-we would like to... uhh... apologize for drinking from your springs. You see... we were kinda curious and... we didn't know it belonged to you. So... we are sooo sorry."

Angel smiled sheepishly, continuing to look up at the beast.

Looking up at the magnificent beast, Errol was indeed for a shock. The creature was at least over ten meters, its tall slender frame finally releasing itself from its shadows. Errol heard someone asked him a question, but he did not notice. No, instead he was looking into White Death's eyes. The piercing pale-yellow eyes looked angry; distinguished even more where the fact of its pupil-less eyes. Maybe it was blind? Still, the boy could not take his eyes off of the giant creatures intemidating stare. The pull of an aura overwhellmed him, and he felt the creatures voice.

Errol was not entirely sure exactly what it was the Dragon was reffering to. The Water from the Springs, or the piece of Magicite. The Magicite was easily returnable, and more of an important item. The water however would be difficult, although not nearly as important. From what he researched, Magicite could store power tenfold of what those springs would produce. In fact, that was why magicite was so rare to find. For the past few centeries people have been using it as an energy source, slowly destroying every trace of magicite.

From this moment, he managed to take himself out of the mystical pull to the Dragon, while he was still deep in thought. Errol noticed soon he was shaking; nervous. He dug his hand into his pocket, and gripped the piece of magicite.

"Th-the water?" He asked hesitantly to be sure.

"The water." Souvi said, daringly. He then dropped the flask heavily on the floor - heavier than he intended to... The floor wasn't made of snow and ice beneath it.

Souvi knelt. "We apologize for taking your water -- mana, Mighty One." he said. Deep within, he knew that this was fruitless. Once with his knee on the floor he could fell it's warm. Metallic. How the hell that ended here? he thought, and for what purpose? He bowed his head as much as he could, with the intent to scan the room a more. Aside from quite the number of the dim light the natural springs emanate and a even faint light that came from the far end of the room, there was nothing else of note.

The floor was intriguing, though. And yet bowed, he used his poor Fire skills with his hands on the ground to see if it made any results.

What the...? His mind exclaimed as the floor under his hand dissolved.

The creature moved and stood on its hind legs. As the outline of its neck outstrecthed, it moved its lizard head towards the group and further glared at his unwanted guests.

"There is no forgiveness for your actions. You had invaded my lair, taken my springs and now additionaly stolen a piece of my Magicite. Apoligising is not the price to pay... only your death!"

The mighty dragon's appearance suddenly glowed with a light of its own, like a blue flame surrounded it. It was brighter than the neon-like springs around it. Its features were fully outlined; it had tough, scaley skin with the fire surrounding its frame. Long spikes ran down from the skull to the spine. Two large dragon wings were folded behind its shoulders. The lizard head was long and ferocious, with a crown of horns around its skull, a beak-like snout and two pupil-less red eyes.

It breathed a blue fire ball towards the group, but they managed to barely miss it as they jumped from the porch exiting the ice corrdidor.

"Anybody know how to slay a dragon?" Randon quickly asked everyone.

As Angel ran from the fierce White Death, she heard Randon ask a question.

"Anybody know how to slay a dragon?"

The young girl stopped, and looked back at the dragon, who began to chase them. "Let's see how he likes a taste of my Blast Powers!" Angel raised her arms and created blue aura around her opened hands. Then, with full blast, she blasted her powers at White Death.

Suddenly, she noticed that it didn't take much affect on it. The dragon was too powerful!

"What the-- that suppose to work! Why I oughta..." Angel drew out her sword, and glared at the beast. "Well, if my powers can't work, then slicing will!!" She let out a battle cry...

Souvi stopped briefly to watch Angel go rogue and run on the Dragon's direction with just a sword.Whatever she was thinking on doing would probably render her dead. The dragon seasoned carapace could resist bashes from any sword without scratching. Without thinking twice, Souvi ran at Angel's.

While running, he also thought on how to defeat the the beast. One thing for sure, he thought, this bastard won't let us get away easily. He remembered his weak flaming hands managing to melt the ground. Perhaps that was the only way to defeat the creature...

"Foolish girl!" That was all Souvi managed to shout as he got close to Angel.

Archived