Home

FINAL FANTASY

DrPhil2501

((ooc: Shan, I thought we agreed Ctrl-Alt-Del had the piece.))

"There is not much point now..." Randon told Rueban. "Right now, the Citadel would be crawling with guards, robots and all sorts of defences that could get you killed."

The half-elf needed a drink. He grabbed his flask, and gulped down a few mouthfuls of the mouth burning alcoholic beverage.

"Where in lego land is Angel and Suki?" he wondered with concern. He would blame himself if something ever happened to them.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only noise that could be heard on the cabin was the ship's humming. Both Rim and Souvi were completely silent. The elder one seemed calm as always and was focused on piloting the ship. The young man was hiding the head on his hands, thinking. Rueben... Sakura... Those others from the ship... So much things happening at the same time. I feel like my head--

"Perhaps you would want to be there to greet our guest when she woke up". Rim abruptly cut his musing. He smiled. "If you do, sorry, but you're already late". Confused at first, he got the message only a few seconds later. On a fraction of a second he flashed at the Medical Room. Sakura was sitting on the bed.

"Don't get up yet, beautiful." He said, grinning and helping her to lay down "A bullet injury is still a bullet injury, no matter who you are".

He was surprised and happy that she seemed so well. As she laid down and asked, he discretely watched the medical equipment, as a good doctor and his patient.

"So many questions... Okay, first, you're on... on my ship, the Wingless Eagle..."

Breathing... Normal

"Next, your sister is probably on the ship she came in, by now. Along with my friend, Rueben, unfortunately. You know, the one with red eyes."

Current Status... Awaken/Tired

"Do it bother you when I call you this way? Your face seems abnormally red..."

Cardiac frequency... Huh? Accelerated?

Souvi touched her chin and raised her head.

"Don't be ashamed by showing your feelings. I--" He stopped talking as he heard a cracking noise coming from the microphone: He had completely forgotten that Rim could watch them. Knowing the guy, that noise was probably a warn from him of his virtual omniscience on the ship.

Great! Just great!

"Souvi... Sakura... Rim?" Rueben called, into his "comlink," trying to contact the Wingless Eagle. "Where the blazes are they?" Rueben asked Wonderbread.

But the prince was preoccupied, staring into the eyes of Suki... Sakura's seemingly derranged sister. "Hmmm? What? Oh... I don't know Rueben." Wonderbread said.

Rueben slowly shook his head, and rolled his eyes... figures. Why is that that every time something like this happens I can never count on Souvi to answer? Rueben asked, himself.

((Well yeah... I mean after all she did kill her parents!))

"Yeah... I'm a mage... Rueben taught me..." Wonderbread said. "And what's sexy is you."

Rueben nearly barfed. "You guys are really making me sick..." Rueben said, gagging. "Quit doing that..."

"Sorry..." The prince said, looking at his mentor.

"Look... I'm gonna go try and contact the... uhh... nevermind... that's unimportant... I'm going to try and contact Souvi..." Rueben said.

"Do you want me to go?" The prince asked.

"Only if you want..." Rueben said, walking to the cockpit.

Rueben tensed and exhaled sharply when he heard Suki's words. Wonderbread took the hint...

"Eh... I think I'll stay here... I think it's a private matter that I was included in only because me and him are on the same team... as of right now... we're not ALL on the same team." Wonderbread said.

Rueben shook his head, then continued walking. Don't get us killed just for a pretty face... Rueben said to himself, but then he realized that was pretty much the same thing that happened when he was around Angel. I wonder... could it be... love at first sight?

" He doesn't like me I can tell. That's okay I'm used to it. I keep flashing back to my parents murder. They held the gun in my hand. They pressed the trigger and ....my parents were gone. Stupid me thought they would let Sakura and I go. I was only a kid. I saw in Sakura's eyes, the hate, the pain. I left her. She should have been the one to escape. I didn't endure the suffering she did. I wasn't raped. I feel guilty, so guilty." Suki's eyes filled with tears.

"It's not that he doesn't like you... really... it's just, he doesn't... TRUST you." The prince sighed. "It's pretty hard for him to trust someone... I don't know... how he came to meet Souvi, but he trusts him deeply, and I would like to know why... but I don't want to offend him, by asking."

Rueben was in the cockpit, again, trying to contact Souvi and the Wingless Eagle.

"Grrrrr..." Rueben growled. "Why the blazes won't they answer? This is really making me mad... Souvi... I'm beggining to wonder if I can trust you to be there when I need you most!"

Rueben slammed his fist into the wall. So much for staying unharmed... his knuckles split, and blood ran down his arm. Rueben wiped away the blood and ripped off part of his sleeve and wrapped it around the... damaged hand.

((Let me get this straight: Wonderbread likes Suki, who likes him and Errol, who likes Suki... Ugh, I hate love triangles... or what ever you call it!))

Cid had just noticed the stranger entering the cockpit. He was too focussed on flying the ship away from the Citadel.

"First off: who the hell are you? Secondly, what the hell are you doing on our ship? And thirdly: are the others okay?"

Randon saw the infactuation between the Prince and Suki.

"Tsk... and here I was rooting for Errol and Suki." he thought. "This oughta complicate things..."

He brought himself up, and gave Suki and hankerchief.

"Here!" he smiled, showing some sympathy towards her. "It wasn't your fault. Don't let your memories hurt you..."

He exited the Cargo Hold, and leaned his back against the wall of the Crew Quarters.

" I wonder how my sister's doing. Although she no longer wants to kill me, which very happy about by the way, we still have alot to work through. She's in good hands....I hope. Souvi seemed fond of my sister so I doubt he will let anything happen to her.Is it me or has this turned into a matchmaking ship? I remember a fountain we used to make wishes on when we were kids. She would always through me in there. It had a sculpture of a heart with thorns around it. I wonder if it has survived after all these years. It would be nice if one childhood memory hasn't been destroyed.I'm talking a lot I'm sorry.This is why I don't talk, I just start rambling on." Suki covered her face with her hands." I'm sorry."

Although a young woman Suki tended to fall back into childish mannerisms. Sakura believed this was because of their past. Suki in many ways was to afraid to grow up.

Souvi entered the cabin, quite upset. He was about to say something bad...

"I'm sorry, but you may want to see this, maybe actually answer it too." Rim cut him off, while offering him a communicator. He heard a faint voice then a sound like someone had just hit a hard surface.

"The transmission seems scrambled... Can you get it any better?" Rim changed the configurations but the voice was still weak. He shook his head. "Sorry, Souvi, but I think we can get a better signal at the Communications Room."

The young man headed there and picked the transmitter, the signal was a lot clearer. He could distinctly hear Rueben's voice.

"Come in, Rueben? It's Souvi!"

"Why didn't you answer me earlier!" Rueben barked. "I have to tell you something... if your willing to listen! And I have one question... Do you have the map fragment?"

Rueben looked kinda worried, but mostly frustrated. "If you do, hide it... don't lose it. Oh and... thanks... because you wouldn't answer... I just busted my knuckles." Rueben said, venomously.

Laughs. Souvi was laughing. Not because his friend had broken his hand or anything, but because he knew Rueben was well.

"How's your hand my fault?" Souvi said, lively. "Got to control that temper of yours."

His voice turned serious "Really, now. Glad to know you're safe and not at a brig or anything..." He lowered his voice "And I have the fragment right with me, but I haven't analyzed it yet, I was actually waiting news from you".

" Prince, I feel I must apologize.I thought that people like you didn't care about people like me, the outcasts. But you haven't looked at me with hate,fear,pity. Thank you kind prince. I think your gonna make a great king someday. You must have a girlfriend, she's lucky." Suki blushed. She heard Reuban yelling. " Sounds like he finally got in touch with Souvi."

While Angel was on The Gliding Angel resting in her room, she awoke from a bang on the wall. It came from the cockpit.

She got up from bed and ran towards the cockpit. When she got there, and opened the door, she saw... Rueben!

The young girl was happy to see him again. "Rueben! Oh my gosh!" She ran towards him and hugged him. "I'm glad to see you again!"

Angel looked down at his hand when she unwrapped her arms around him. She gasped. "Oh no! What happened to your hand?" She placed her gentle hands on the wounded hand that was wrapped in cloth.

"Since love seems to be in the air on my ship, I would like to remind you people of no babies rule," Solidus said as he watched Angel going to comfort her newly found love interest. Like her, Solidus had an interest in this man but it wasn't exactly the same interest. Her interest was spiritual, his was lucrative. "Rueben was it? Put down my intern and get your ass over here so you can explain this whole Piece mumbo-jumbo. It's gotten me interested."

He took a few minutes debating with Rim what to do next. Outside the cabin, one could just catch glimpses of the conversation.

"...Can't go on without a route forever..." A funny voice said.

"True... He is on that ship with... sister... we're going to..." A younger voice said.

"A rendezvous! And you intend... your word?" The first voice exclaimed.

"I dunno... Rueben seems... fond of..." The second one replied.

Souvi left the room with a decision on mind, and walked over to the Comm. Room. He dialed the frequency that he and Rueben had talked earlier.

"Rueben. Come in. I need to speak with the one in charge there."

"Since love seems to be in the air on my ship, I would like to remind you people of no babies rule," Solidus said as he watched Angel going to comfort her newly found love interest. Like her, Solidus had an interest in this man but it wasn't exactly the same interest. Her interest was spiritual, his was lucrative. "Rueben was it? Put down my intern and get your ass over here so you can explain this whole Piece mumbo-jumbo. It's gotten me interested."

"Souvi wouldn't answer, it made me a little... mad... so I slammed my fist into the wall." Rueben said to Angel. "I am not at liberty to discuss that..." Rueben said, turning to Solidus. "Perhaps if- speak of the devil himself. Souvi... Solidus heard you talking about the fragment... he wants to know about it... I won't tell him of course... that's not my place. I would suggest you keep it a secret though... captain... at least until we have agreed on a truce."

Wonderbread left Suki and walked in the cockpit. "I second that notion... it's more diplomatic if you do that..." He said.

Archived