Home

[WIP] Playable Characters by RedRob41

redrob41

My completed Playable Character Mods:

[K1] Species Specific feats for PCs works in conjunction with [K1] Alien Species Soundsets x 15

[K1] New DS Underwear for Bastila & PCs

[K1] PC Wookiees x 5

[K1] PC Hybrid Lizards x 4

[K1] PC Echani x 6

[K1] PC Sand Person Male

[K1] PC Rattataki x 13

[K1] PC Alien Species (Beta) x 17

[K1] Bendak Starkiller Emblem Armor

[K1] Juhani Catlike Cathar head mod

[K1/TSL] Combat Suit Uniforms for Various Organizations x 8

[TSL] Player & Party Underwear

[TSL] Twin Mullet Men v2

[TSL] Luxa Hair Fix

[TSL] Head Model Fixes

[TSL] RoR Playable Species 1 - Humans

Edit: check out K1 Enhancement Pack by SpaceAlex. I've supplied a few textures and models to the cause

[TSL] Revenge of Revan: Demo (Beta) with Logan23 & RoR team

Original post:

Recently I've been creating PCs for the first KotOR game, because I wanted to be able to play as an alien instead of just as a human.

Alrighty then, so far I've completed my Lizards and Wookies. I'm also working on a whole bunch of others, including the Echani. Right now I'm just tweaking the Dark Side tattoos. I've given them shiny eyes and hair with the CM_baremetal shader.

In the future, I plan on doing some Miraluka, Mandalorians, Twi'leks, Sand People, and more. For the Miraluka, I'd need to figure out a way to give them Force Sight in first person view. It'd be easy in TSL, but I don't know how to do it in K1.

I know that it'll take a while to finish all of them. So far the Echani have taken me about 20hrs to get this far, and the Lizards and Wookiees had taken me nearly 4 months to complete. I've really been enjoying modding, so its just a matter of doing the work.

From time to time, I'll post a new screen shot of something I'm working on.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These all look outstanding, loving the Echani idea. If you're looking for more species to add, well the Chiss or Nagai would be somewhat easier to do. Hey, maybe you should combine your mod project with the author doing this one in this thread. Since the mods are similar it would eventually provide a ton of extra species for players to choose from.

These all look outstanding, loving the Echani idea. If you're looking for more species to add, well the Chiss or Nagai would be somewhat easier to do. Hey, maybe you should combine your mod project with the author doing this one in this thread. Since the mods are similar it would eventually provide a ton of extra species for players to choose from.

Thanks, Gargoyle_King. I've kinda been keeping an eye on Thanatos9t's thread since its right in line with what I want to do. I figure that I'll start on PCs that (s)he's not working on, so that people will have more DL options. His (her) work is great so far, and I can't wait for it to be finished. From my own experience tho, I can understand if it takes Thanatos9t a while to complete.

As for my own mods, I'm pretty happy with the tattoos for the Echani females:

echf1ux6.th.jpg echf2pb2.th.jpg echf3si9.th.jpg

I've given them shiny silver eyes that become more saturated blue as they go further to the DS, and I wanted thier tattoos/facepaint to highlight and accentuate that. Now all I've got to do is make some tats for the males.

BTW, does anyone know if there have been any brown Echani, or are they all pale? I know that there are humans that are trained in the Echani fighting styles, but I want to know if there are any Echani by bloodline with white hair and tan or brown skin. I think that it would look great, but I still want to stay somewhat true to the expanded universe of species.

hmm... i dont know, personally i dont like "huge-eye-covering-tattoos" but the rest of your work is great man...

how about making a slightly toned down version? like the first of those female echanis? (that one is great btw, just the way i like it)

Thanks for the helpful opinion. Yeah, I think its hard to do the large eye tats without making them look like clown makeup or Kiss wannabees. I was already a little unsatisfied with the second female's tats, so I'll probably re-work them a little bit. In the meantime, here is a preliminary look at the males:

echanimaleprelimml7.th.jpg

I still have a few touches to finish up with them (there are a few crooked lines), but I think that the style of these ones suits the Echani. Simple, yet distinguishable. They don't need to have thier entire faces covered like Darth Maul to look like they mean business ;). The main thing is to make those bright blue eyes stand out.

I appreciate every one's opinions, so please keep 'em coming.

Arrgh!! Just when I thought I was almost done (just working on the screen shots), I discovered that some of the head models that I chose for my Echani don't have head gear hooks. I can equip goggles, the stats and modifiers will be applied, but the model doesn't show up on the character's face :(. Now I have to figure out how to add the hook to the mdl.

Will I need to do some hex editing, or can I merge two mdl's together? So far my hex editing skills are limited to changing the name of the model and bitmap, so I'm not sure where to start.

It isn't a big deal for the Echani if the goggles or masks don't appear on the character in game, but I want to be able to put head gear on my Miraluka (to cover thier empty eye sockets). So far I've been working on Jerec, but there will be more.

Oh well, more learning is in store for me :headbump.

BTW, this is what the tats for the second and third female look like now:

echf2xy8.th.jpg echf3vh4.th.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, it's been awhile, but I've been busy working on stuff. I've finally released my PC Echani mod, and I've started a few others at the same time. Many of theses are still really early, and need more work. I'm putting my Miraluka on hold for a while, until I can figure out how to get goggle and mask hooks into the .mdl files.

Here are some new weapons, with some more to come. I'm also trying to make Gurke actually look like the ringleader of a gang, with a giant axe. I've had some trouble getting his appearance to work, but I got lucky today. His texture still needs a LOT of work. I started trying to make a playable Gamorrean character, but the .mdl is just too simple, and I couldn't get it to work :(. I'll probably have to modify an existing armor and head model which will take a long time :headbump.

wipwookieeweaponsx3dz7.th.jpg wipaxessmallem0.th.jpg wipgamorreanaxeslargelz3.th.jpg wipgurketesttr8.th.jpg

Of course, I will continue to make new playable characters based on my Species Specific Feats mod. Some that I've started on are a Cathar female, and a Tusken male. I really don't think that Juhani is the most catlike looking character I've ever seen, so I'm going to try and make mine look like the "Lion Man" that was seen in the Star Wars Holiday Special. I've never seen that show myself, but it's the only photo of a Cathar that I've seen. All the others have been in the comics or games. She's still really early, and I'm definately going to add stripes or spots later on. If anyone has any input as to how well the model is looking so far, please let me know. If I can get the style of the mouth, nose, and ears right, then I think I'll do 6 to 10 PCs. What can I say, I like cat people.

Same thing for the Tusken. His jedi robe model is looking good so far (smaller face mask pipes, no back pack), but I've still got to iron out the textures. I'm trying to set it up so that it will be really easy to convert an existing robe.tga to fit this one. Any suggestions, please share them.

wipcatharf1testwx8.th.jpg wiptuskenjedijd0.th.jpg

I'll be away from my computer for the Holidays, so I probably won't be able to reply to any posts until next week. Please do leave some constructive critiques, since other people's points of view can really help me.

Happy Holidays :wavey::bday2::band1

Hey Redrob! Man you're a busy little bee and have got some good ideas so far. Your finished works are of the highest quality and I will expect the same from anything else you release and look forward to it.

As to the pre-holiday update:

Weapons:

- for the most part I like what you're doing here. The weapons in the first pic look good. The third pic's axes look really good as well although is the first one supposed to be crooked like that? Not like it wouldn't kill someone either way.

- the only thing I'm not feeling is the second pic. The club and hand axe just look a little too primitive for Star Wars for me. Again, just my opinion.

Characters:

- Your tusken's look really good and as it just so happens that I've recently read of a Jedi that was with the tusken's so I'll totally buy into that.

- As to your Cathar, I'm not sure I'll like the direction you're going to go with it right now, but then again it's so early that's kind of a empty statement. I'm not sure I like what's happening with the mouth at this point, but really what does that mean this early in your process. It could easily turn out extremely cool. I'm just having a serious "Beauty and the Beast" TV show flashback right now. Remember Ron Pearlman in that?

Anyways, I can see you're working your butt off on a lot of different mods at once and what you've released so far has been stellar so I can't wait for your next update.

Keep up the good work!

pleas, if its possible, could you make more twi'lek pc models? (heads + body), or at least make the pc able to use it, that would be really awsome, and maybe selkath, gungans (if there are any in the game), by the way, i posted in the main playable echani thread, if you have missed it in any way

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2403211#post2403211

Hey Darth Oilking, thanks for the useful opinions. I'll try to address a few of your questions.

- Yes, the one axe is supposed to be crooked, and yer right, it'll still chop a Vulker with ease.

- I'm glad you think that the club & hand axe look primative, since that's what I was aiming for. They're gonna be for Gammoreans, who are a really primitve species.

- Yeah, I just learned about A'Sharrad Hett myself, thanks to my new Star Wars: Panel to Panel book. Even though he's not actually Tusken, only a human in Tusken's clothes, I think it looks great.

- Cathar. Hmm, I'm still not sure if I want to make them really feline, or almost human, or somewhere in between. I guess I'm hoping for a few opinions. And yes, I do remember Vincent in all his lion-like glory. I also like the look of the cat people on the new Doctor Who series. Whereas the Stephen King movie Sleepwalkers had some simpler cat makeup that wasn't quite enough for me. The total feline look would be similar to the Egyptian goddess Bast (or Bastet), who had the head of a cat (or sometimes a lioness). Or even a were-cat, but I'd have to change the body models so that the legs were more animal like. So it seems that there are a lot of different routes I could go. all I know is that Juhani just doesn't look right to me (or a lot of other KotOR fans either), and I don't want to go down that road.

Any opinions are always welcome.

pleas, if its possible, could you make more twi'lek pc models? (heads + body), or at least make the pc able to use it, that would be really awsome

Well, I'm slowly working on some, but it's going to take me quite a long while to do since I'm planning on a lot of details and multiple clothes. I just ordered myself a couple of books, Star Wars visual dictionary and Dressing the Galaxy (costumes of Star Wars), so that I'll have some good visual references from now on. I plan on making 6 underwears (Scout, Scoundrel & Soldier LS & DS), 12 regular clothes (4 each class), 4 jedi robes, plus 5 head skins for DS transitions. That's a total of 27 .tga files just for ONE Twi'lek! Plus any model work! Needless to say, it'll be a looooong time before this one is ready (I'm aiming for summer), but I'll make it worth the wait.

In the meantime, I'll still work on other mods at the same time.

Hey RedRob, nice Echani Mod but do u can u make the same mod but for KOTOR 2 PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!! i saw the Echani Mod at "KOTOR 2 files" and i'd score u a 20/10 cuz i LOVE Echani.

Like i said before maybe if ya can its up to u, if ya start on K2, im a total noob on skinning heads. I kno i tried i almost threw my game into destruction, causing major gliches, missing heads...blah blah blah, atc atc.

Archived