• In the news this week #1
    • A lost chapter of WONKY?
    • In the news this week #2
    • A new comic
    • On game announcements
    • Pray do not disturbeth
    • Ssh, it's a secret!
    • A slight drinking problem
    • Warning: Extremely Angry Person about to let loose some vitriol. Please stand back...
    • Why weren't there more posts this year!?

Yeah sorry, that came out wrong. I wasn't saying there's anything wrong with having a rant in a behind mojo post, I just meant it didn't make me laugh. And given the choice between something that makes me laugh and things that don't, I tend to choose the things that make me laugh.

Didn't mean to single you out as having made a **** post, that's really not what I meant to do.

Hee, I love the rants! We need more of those.

I think it made some good points, too. I wouldn't mind seeing those reviews -- I lost track of how mainstream games journalism was taking Sam & Max.

I would imagine that Will Porter gave it good coverage in PC Zone?

Actually, it was mostly Jon 'Log' Blyth who handled Sam & Max. In general he likes them, but score-wise I think he's holding them back a bit because of their episodic status.

Here's Mr. Walker's Episode 6 review. There are others, but they're all labelled 'PC Gamer' rather than any actual name. Unfortunately/fortunately the recent two that prompted my rant aren't up yet as they're in the current issue.

I would first like to point out that he makes use of his 'alliteration rather than comedy' comment in several of these reviews. Can anyone think of any times that Sam & Max used alliteration to a tiresome degree? Or at all?

He occasionally makes an acceptable point, but does anyone think Situation: Comedy isn't funny? Or that Bosco's accents are racist?[

Those reviews do make me angry...!

It seems that he just didn't like the style of humour in the Sam & Max games (probably because he's had a lobotomy).

Ah well -- just goes to show that you shouldn't always believe what you read in the papers!

Archived