Home

Bhutto, Pakistan, and Onderon

*Don*

Has anyone realized the loose resemblance between Onderon and Pakistan?

In TSL there was Queen Talia (who in my opinion resembles Bhutto) and General Vaklu (who is like General Musharaff) fighting over Onderon (which could be compared to Pakistan).

Just something I noticed and wanted to point out.

Any thoughts/comments?

In TSL there was Queen Talia (who in my opinion resembles Bhutto) and General Vaklu (who is like General Musharaff) fighting over Onderon (which could be compared to Pakistan).

Perhaps. But Talia, for example, is clearly named that way after the princess of Onderon during the time Ulic Qel-Droma visited the system that was ruled by the queen and her daughter, Galia.

Achiteture resemblance, anyone?

Yes, I do see the resemblance, but the roles are a bit reversed. If you side with Talia, I seem to remember killing Vaklu. That would make the woman who is just and a good ruler the one who starts in power and survives a coup. Right now, the evil man is in power and he survives the coup while she is killed. If you would switch the positions it actually would be quite close.

_EW_

Actually, erm, I see no resemblance at all. Here's how it supposed to be:

--Vaklu: Military General, Actual Leader of Onderon

--Taila: Former Queen of Onderon, Outsed Because of Allegations of Corruption, Wants To Gain Back Power

--Kavar: Yet another Former Leader of Onderon, Outsed Because of Allegations of Corruption, Wnats to Gain Back Power, Allied with Talia in Order to Take Control of Onderon But As Soon As Vaklu is gotten rid of, Kavar and Taila will feed on themselves.

--Sith: Random Terrorist Faction That Attacks All Sides and Gain the Secret Assistance of the Taila's Military. Wants to take over Onderon and form a Sith Empire.

--Mandalorians: Another random terrorist faction that attack all sides and gain the Secret Assistance of the Talia's Military. Often times, they would decide to randomly sucidice bomb each other.

--Republic: The Governining Who Wants "Stability" In The Region And Who Actually Backed Vaklu As A Puppet Government...But, truth to be told, few people in Onderon (Vaklu, Kavar, and Taila included) actually Likes the Republic.

--Nihilus: Some mysterious guy hiding out on Dxun (...or is that the planet next to Onderon then?), making video tapes to the international media and somehow considered all-powerful.

--Sion: Currently a Sith warlord on the outskirts of Onderon establishing the purity of the Sith rule by ensuring that all marketplaces are closed during the Day of Satanic Worship and Banning Music in Public Places. Currently considered a 'moderate' and 'dirty Jedi' in Sith circles and is being targeted by extreme elements of the Sith movement, including Nihilus.

--Exile: Someone who accidently got led to Onderon by Kreia and wants to get out of Onderon ASAP.

Archived