Home

TFU=True Sith...Releated?

SilentScope001

Lame spec, but...

From Yahoo's 'exclusive' spoiler section on The Force Unleashed:

Lucas Arts is keeping specific details about the plot tightly under wraps, but here's what we know so far. The game takes place in the roughly twenty-year interim between the end of Episode III and the start of Episode IV. Under the watchful eye of Emperor Palpatine and led by the iron hand of Darth Vader, the Empire has tightened its grip on the Republic and the few remaining Jedi have all but vanished. But unbeknownst to the Emperor, Vader isn't simply in it to bring order to the cosmos. He's got other plans.

That's where you come in. As Vader's undercover agent, you take on deadly, top-secret missions all across the famous galaxy far, far away. It's a tale of duplicity, as not even the Emperor knows about your actions, and at the moment, neither do we. More details about the game's intriguing story - as well as insight into what famous characters you might meet up with along the way - will hopefully be revealed in the coming months.

Other plans? What the? Of course, more likely, the plan would just be mere silliness and nothing to do with the KOTOR Series, but still. Endless spec for the win.

I highly doubt The Force Unleashed is there to finish the KotoR plot. Why? Because it's FOUR BLOODY THOUSAND years later. If the True Sith haven't attacked by now, they really aren't much of a threat, given that all their starships are bloody obsolete and have probably turned to little space-borne puddles of rust by now.

As much as I'm looking forward to TFU, I can't help but see it as a gimmick to promote its new graphic and physics engines. Some of the screenshots make some of the more powerful KOTOR force powers look like 'Youngling Powers'. Now I seem to recall people thinking that KOTOR powers were unrealistic but this game is just showing off now and taking it to an extreme imho.

Yes its pretty extreme and I'm sure it will be a great game when completed but I can't help but thinking that LA is promoting 'The Force Unleashed Engine' more than anything else. If you really wanted to show the force unleashed, they'd have set it in the KOTOR era where the force allows thousands of republic soldiers and jedi to convert to the dark side on one Malachor V and wipes a Miraluka world clean of all life...

Now thats what I call the Force Unleashed ;)

It's been said before in this thread but, TFU takes place thousands of years after the events of KOTOR. There is likely ZERO corrolation between KOTOR I&II & TFU, being that this game primarily focuses on Vader's apprentice seeking out missing Jedi. I'm sure the republic would have taken note of the "True sith" and documented by whatever BBY TFU takes place in.

Yes its a pretty extreme and I'm sure it will be a great game when completed but I can't help but thinking that LA is promoting 'The Force Unleashed Engine' more than anything else. If you really wanted to show the force unleashed, they'd have set it in the KOTOR era where the force allows thousands of republic soldiers and jedi to convert to the dark side on one Malachor V and wipes a Miraluka world clean of all life...

I do not know if you were just wishfully dreaming or what, but LucasArts certainly wouldn't do that, because the KotOR world is still not in the Star Wars "mainstream". I'm not talking about canon, but mainstream. Ask an average guy about Star Wars and he'll say Darth Vader, Millenium Falcon, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo etc. and this is the larger crowd that LA wants to target - hence the Darth Vader apprenticeship.

KotOR, if tackled at all, will be through comics (which are obviously for SW-Geeks) or future KotOR Sequels (wouldn't expect a spin-off).

According to the game producers you have a chance for redemption and light sidedness in the game at some point.

Yeah, god forbid the player is a bad guy for the entire game. Thank goody-lightsidedness for the cookie-cutter redemption gibberish.

On the original topic, there's no way KOTOR and TFU are related.

I thought the article you quoted would mention something about the True Sith, or vaguely allude to them. But it does not do so in any way, shape or form, so I suppose my answer to you would be: highly unlikely.

Mr. Z, it was your spec that the last descendants of the True Sith are Palpatine and Darth Vader, due to them being connected. Some time ago, the True Sith somehow joined up with the latest Sith Empire in 1000 BBY, and then, volia, Palpatine's a True Sith.

Confusing that spec for 'actual fact', I thought the "other plans" has some relation to your spec. For that, I apologize.

According to the game producers you have a chance for redemption and light sidedness in the game at some point.

If in most games, you HAVE to be LS, then it's only fair to have a game you HAVE to be DS.

Seriously thinking of not buying TFU because of this 'feature'. Then again, I got Psi-Ops, so I don't really need TFU.

Well, Kotor is kinda already a spin-off.

It is, but apart from the similar terminology, technology and somewhat similar setting, it's almost in an entirely different world. Ask a guy with average knowledge of SW and he'll go "Whuh?" at Ebon Hawk, Darth Revan, Darth Malak etc. He may even slap you for been SuperShadow spawn. :p

So KotOR is handled almost like a completely different media franchise (more accurately, a RPG video game franchise) that LA will try not to directly intermingle with the more well-known world of Star Wars. And since only KotOR fans will appreciate a Battlefront: Mandalorian Wars or an HK-47 shooter or a swoop racing game, LA has a considerably limited audience to make KotOR spin-offs.

KotOR and TFU are obviously linked because they are about Jedi and Sith, Light vs Dark in the Star Wars Universe, there just a few millennia apart. as for the "True" Sith, there is only one source for this word, and that is a conversation with Kreia in TSL and that is story not backed up or followed to conclusion (Yet). The only true Sith IMO, are the species of King Adas, or the inter-bred Dark lords of Ragnos (among others). besides, as Sabertooth pointed out, the style of KotOR and it's affiliates wouldn't fit in to an Empire era Galaxy IMO.

So KotOR is handled almost like a completely different media franchise (more accurately, a RPG video game franchise) that LA will try not to directly intermingle with the more well-known world of Star Wars. And since only KotOR fans will appreciate a Battlefront: Mandalorian Wars or an HK-47 shooter or a swoop racing game, LA has a considerably limited audience to make KotOR spin-offs.

That's why I consider it a spin-off: Making Battlefront, Racer or (Pazaak) cards game with the KotOR settings would be restricted to those who like the KotOR games on the mainstream. So it would be like making a spin-off of a spin-off.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived