Home

WIP: K1 game wide re-texturing & added dlg

correllian_thug

I am working on many little reskins for k1, changing the look of the current planets which eventually when i get the skill will become completely seperate planets. i will also be adding much more dialogue into the game for those who dont mind a little reading. first of i've started with dantooine, started to make it in the winter, snow covered. ignore the pitch black sky on the ppic for now, am planning to make it night time too. which leads me to my question, as u see in the pic there's the glare of the sun, what do i need to do to either get rid of it or tone it down to make it moonlight? (and given it a bluish glow instead of the yellow of the sun)

any help i would really appreciate :)

28041805ve5.th.jpg

i wanna add some dialogue that deals with the events unfolding in the game, i'm definitley gonna add the guy from planned "rise of thrawn mod" who tells of the history of the star wars universe and just for fun a "nutty person" spouting out whats gonna happen in the future including thousands of years from now. also i will have dialogue that actually alludes to the mod i'm still going to do eventually so mentions of a alien race who will appear from the unknown regions. my aim is to just add more reading material as i spend a lot of my time writing. currently thats the only thing i can do to ad more time on the game as i'm not ready for doing action sequences

• 4 weeks later...

Update: Im almost done with Dantooine, been busy wit Class and other parts of this mod. still having trouble getting the sky right. right now im also working on a party reskin and also new DS transitions. Also set up a site for all my stuff though much of my posting for it will be done here. this is all in aid of re attempting to get into the "Rise of Thrawn" mod, the storyline has been through some changes and see's you taking on more of a darkside path

• 3 weeks later...

ahh you've got the same idea as me.

currently im reskinning all of KOTOR2 as so many of teh textures are of poor or low quality. i mean, floors being 128x128 is a joke

so everythings getting updated and reskinned to 512x512 from either stock photos, personal photos or hand drawn stuff. also a few enlargements/recolors/sharpenings of original textures. id be more than happy to help out with K1 work if you need a hand.

have a look at Dantooine Hi-res rextexture if you want to see my work

just for fun a "nutty person" spouting out whats gonna happen in the future including thousands of years from now.

You could make said "nutty person" the prophet who tells of "The chosen one, Who shall bring balance to the force."

(and if its male Revan and Bastila is in your party at the he tells the two of you to mate(I have the theory where Revan is Anakin's ancestor)(also works with fem Revan and Carth)..........yeah I know I have a sick mind) :lol:

When you said talking about the future that intently came to mind. And as for the mating bit, I just threw that in for kicks and grins :lol: I see it worked :)

I can't wait to see this done, it looks really great so far, keep up the good work!

Oh random thought again!

You could put a Jedi standing next to the "nutty person" and when you talk to him/her, he/she tells you that he/she is busy recording what the insane person is saying, because he might be a prophet!

Or something along those lines.....I could try to write the dialog for the Jedi if you'd like. I've never done anything like that before but ya need to start somewhere.

i'd be happy for you to do that if you want, with full recognition of your work of course,i have written pages of possible dialogue for the nutcase, including some rather non-jedi like responses to him, just gotta decide what fits best and then implement them.

Just a question if anyone knows, twhen you click on passers by, they will say some dialogue but is it possible to make it that you can have a conversation with everyone in the game? hope that makes sense....

• 2 weeks later...

This looks nice Correllian_thug, I remember doing the same thing for my previous version of Rise of the Sith, as well as in Reign of the Sith. I have to say that Corellia is the perfect place to do a "winter wonderland". I'm just glad to see someone else doing it so well :). Keep up the good work.

-Gsccc

Archived