Home

[tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan

logan23

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, I've been readin all of your updates 4 the past week and I just know joined Lucas Forums, I lost my old password... So anyways I didnt think u'd go through with it but awesome progress. I've have some experience in modding and i'd be happy 2 help if u want. I'll just need 2 get some new modding tools. O and 2 questions, How is gonna install, are you gonna make a installer, Or have them manual install it? and how is it gonna play, are you gonna replace the the Whole Kotor 2 or is there gonna be like a New Button that says "New Game 2" or somethin?? im confuzzled... reply back :D

Originally Posted by Revan_Pwn_Malak

Age matters not to a Jedi. Just remember Nemo, who was still a Padawan if I remember correctly, was way old.

i get what ur sayin but, basically u ur not all that skilled....at all...if your older than your master lol, cuz you become a padawan at age like 7 and you become a Knight when you prove yourself, then to master, from the look of pict 5 of redrob's faces the guy looks like hes about 55, hes had 48 years 2 become a Knight....lol kinda pathetic, just sayin

redrob41, The Rattataki heads look awsome!

You keep amazing me with your work, thank you.

PossessedPanda, I think you are confused. The Rattataki playable heads are just PC selected heads which are altered. These heads are for the planet's population. These will not be used in the PC selection.

PossessedPanda, you mentioned you have done some modding. I will PM you and we can talk about where you can help.

MORE TO COME.....

Logan

Hey everyone!

Its time for another update.

I'm about half way done with a huge cutscene and major event.

I will have a new more powerful computer soon which means i will start work on new cutscenes which will be using the Vehicle's models from the game.

Some new pics (modules have not been reskinned yet)

http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hammer4gh1.jpg

http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hammer3bk3.jpg

http://img258.imageshack.us/my.php?image=voga13ay4.jpg

http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vogahk1gd3.jpg

http://img258.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vogahk3hy1.jpg

http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=voga11vz6.jpg

MORE TO COME.......

Logan

Nice job on the new screenies, Logan!

Only complaints I have about them is that the Harbinger you're currently using, the red ambient looks... slightly out of place, however, it could just be me....

Other than that, the HK-47/50 reskin.... I dunno, it just looks too... ... red? Try and throw in something else to break up the red so it looks less like a walking red thing and more like a red-droid... (Who knows, it might just look perfect ingame with the brightness set just right, it could be me!)

Other than that, it looks good... maybe tone down the blue on the Chiss guy you're using, but, that could just be my eyes deceiving me again.

Oh, whoops, didn't see the note about it not being reskinned yet, so nix the bit about the ship, sorry.

Overall, good update, Logan, hope to see more of this caliber!

EDIT: Sorry, I just saw the pictures of Uldir and the New Module

I'm impressed. This team you've put together has far surpassed my expectations, and hope you guys have many, many, many more products that look even half as good as these did!

The module was just... wow, very well done. And Uldir looks like he belongs in the game!

the HK-47/50 reskin.... I dunno, it just looks too... ... red? Try and throw in something else to break up the red so it looks less like a walking red thing and more like a red-droid...

I agree.

Logan, I know that you're trying to make him look different (like he's an undercover agent), but the amount of red is very plain and plastic looking. Perhaps if there were some minor details in other colours (like circuit boards or button panels) to break up the monotony. He only needs to have the overall look of being red. The promo picture of Visas Marr (in the LucasForums header) is a good example of how her overall colour is red, but she has gold accents and small details as well. Plus, HK could also have several different shades of red (some maroons, reddish orange highlights, and reddish brown shadows as well) as long as they aren't too different.

Oh, and I haven't gotten much modding updates done lately. My computer needs repairs (WinXP :firemad: broke my iMac :().

I agree that HK-47/XI-52 will have the red toned down and there will be a mix of tones to give off the feeling of a red tone. Once my new computer comes in i will then work on that and many other ideas i have concerning physical appearance and special effects within the game. There will be a lot of cut scenes and movies in the game.

redrob41, I'm sorry to hear about your computer. I hope it does not take to long. I know how frustrating it feels to want to work on new artwork/projects and have a computer that just dead.

ForeverNight, thank you for all your support. I'm very proud of our team. As the project continues so will the surprises.

MORE TO COME.......

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to stop in and say hi

Everything is going well with the project.

I'm finishing up the Zeltron character's bio.

I hope to post some pics in a few days.

I thought today I will talk about the Jedi order.

In the Mod the Jedi Order is still healing. There are factions with in the Order who don't always see eye to eye with each other. The Order is still finding their place within the Republic. The Council holds the order together but there are still many systems which are not very trusting of the Jedi. Just as we have seen in kotor2 where Dantooine's public had mix views on the Jedi, this will continue in Revenge of Revan.

The PC and the fellow padawans/Jedi are the first generation of the new order. Many of them entered the Jedi Temple at the age of 2-12 years of age. You will see how these individuals deal with the Jedi teachings as they all had lives in the Republic before going down the path of a Jedi.

MORE TO COME.....

Logan

Hmmm....

So you mean that everybody in the galaxy will have a different reaction to you being a Jedi? Ranging from: "Jedi, die!" To "OMG! I love Jedi!" (I can't believe I typed out "OMG" I must be going nuts!)

So, any interesting side-quests to go with this? Such as: "Escape from the <InsertCriminalOrganizationHere>'s clutches......again" OR "Dantooine hates us... why?"

Should be an interesting idea, considering that in TSL it seemed that everybody hated Jedi... it got a little annoying.

~

As for the ages you entered the Temple, does this mean that the skill sets for Jedi are going to be a little more varied? Can I now be a Jedi who has a class skill of Repair?

In any case, sounds like it will add some much needed flavoring to the Star Wars (KotOR) Universe!

Yes, there will be varied attitudes towards the Jedi.

We have to remember it has been around 12 years (kotor2: 3-4yrs plus 8 to RoR) since the Galaxy seen the Jedi Order. There is a new generation of politicians, merchants, people who grew up with little or no knowledge of the Jedi.

There is a saying which talked about how; it will take many Jedi to heal the damage reputation of the order; which was originally damaged by only one fallen Jedi.

There are a lot of side quest ideas floating around, and in time I will see which one will make it into the Mod.

There will be no real change in the class system.

You will be asked at certain moments in the game about your past; before joining the Jedi Order. You will have options on how you want to define your PC's back story.

MORE TO COME......

Logan

Hmm... Sounds like a good saying, since it's especially true for Jedi.

I think that your way sounds better than mine... maybe if we figure out how to make spellcaster classes instead of just plain non-spellcasters we could vary up the Jedi's... but that's for a different thread.'

Well, hope that the Sidequests you come up with are loads better than the two that just came off the top of my head in an attempt at glib humor. (Both of which appeared to have failed miserably!)

• 2 weeks later...

Logan

I am Not a modder but i am trying to become one soon

I have been checking up on this forum for quite a bit and i am amazed at the progress. Personally i think it should have a new Launcher. (if not done already) And I also Think the Handmaiden should be given long hair. (i just think if she became a jedi she would stop cropping her hair. and i just like it that way) I'm not saying any of these ideas have to be used but since the project is coming along quite well why not put in a short little idea. Also since the selkath are not in K2 i see it might be hard to recreate one even though the Duros came out magnificantly. Also on the telos map change, if it was posible to change the back gorund from the windows. (i don't kow if you could.) it might look better if it didn't look so dark. The onderon maps stll look the same so a little shading or color change would make me be happy. I'm already replaying through the games twice to make sure i get all the extra content in beore the final version of Knights 3 (i know u cant actually use the name) comes out.

Just to say. Great modders make a great team. just look at ChAiNz.2da

Hey everyone!

Riot Razer, I understand your issue with Brianna changing her hair length and the only problem with that is would you recognize her. As of right now Brianna's hair will stay the same since it relates to her identity for being a warrior at heart.

The way the game will be launched has not been finalized. I have a quick way to test the game in real time as if I was launching a new game by the use of Dialogue/script.

The selkath model/skin is in the files of kotor2 so there will be no need to alter any models physically. I do plan to have some selkath appear in the game including the Bounty Hunter Prime who is a selkath (the name and character was created by RakataDark ;who was the winner of the Bounty Hunter contest)

My new computer arrives Monday which means next week I will start 3D max work as well as new blink movies and Reskinning Modules.

I have consulted some game designers at a IGDA meeting and I have decided to split the Mod into 2 acts.

What this means to everyone: You will get to play 40-50 percent of the Revenge of Revan Mod sooner. Also When Act 2 is done, it will include an update to Act 1 which will include more side quests and a few other special touches. I will be working on Act 1 and Act 2 back to back so there will be no stopping in my work schedule for the Revenge of Revan Mod.

Act I

Progress Report

Story -100%

Dialogue- 45%

Modules- 50%

Blink movies/cut scenes-33%

Keep the questions and suggestions coming!

You can post them here or PM :)

MORE TO COME ......

Logan

Wow, Logan! After some quick math it looks like you're 57% done! If this keeps up, well, Act One should be done within 6 months! Good progress!

Well, seeing as you're going to use the Selkath model, I assume that you're making Prime a pure blaster guy? If I recall correctly, the Selkath lacked melee combat animations.

Does this mean that you're going to be upping the power of blasters to make them actually competitive enough to use against NPC's in combat? Because otherwise Prime won't see much action outside of the main ship -The Sister Hawk? I can't remember- and I doubt that players want another useless character... G0T0 anybody?

Anyway, glad to see that you're still alive as well as this mod!

Archived