Home

[tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan

logan23

What does World of Warcraft have to do with anything involving this mod? :p

:lol: didnt you know this was a WoW mod:xp:

wait no it isnt....my mistake

On Topic: Logan, will you add a team member(s) to make the sabers to stop production delay or will you do it yourself?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HK-42, I would be happy to have people join the team and create some new lightsabers for the Mod. I have one person creating light sabers and there is plenty of room for more. :D

TriggerGod, I will PM you about the light sabers.

MORE TO COME......

Logan

{Snip} Deleted text referring to deleted off-topic spam posts... -RH

DarthParametric,

The New Lightsaber Building/Balancing System was an idea I was working on back when I was just starting pre-production on the Revenge of Revan Mod. This system will be integrated into the RoR mod. This means you will not be able place the system into other mods without doing some re-balancing for that other mod. Basically its not a plug and play system.

Origin: When I played kotor2 I was bothered by the idea that a Jedi who is so skilled could not make a saber without these 3 items that seem forever to locate. Also you would get these items from random people for finishing their quest. Once you did get a light saber, you would get lightsaber rewards from refugees which made no sense. I decided to change that and other things within the kotor2 game.

I wanted the player to feel an evolution in their lightsaber building just as you could get better blasters as you progressed in the game. The other issue is to make sure that not everyone ends up with the same saber hilt at the end of the game. To do this, later in RoR ACT 2:

You will have to search out holocron/data disks which will hold the design for the saber.

Some sabers will prefer certain feats or other stats like being darkside to build it.

Reminder: If you build a lightsaber which can only be built by a darkside PC and you later turn to the lightside, this does not affect the ability to use the saber.

The end result will be players who will float toward a certain lightsaber hilt do to the player's personal use of the PC. There will be no all powerful lightsaber. You will take pride in building it as well as updating it.

This is one thing of many that will be be changed for the Revenge of Revan mod.

Another will be no more looking for 4 of the same people or objects on multiple planets.

I also have some other new ideas that are being floated and tested. I can't discuss them right now, but in the coming months I will announce them, only when they have been tested.

MORE TO COME....

Logan

If you use the Holocron idea, Will you make a Holocron pickup shape for you to find or will it still be be just in the invintory. (and if it is the holocron idea, any chance you could have "lightside saber holocron"s and "darkside saber holocron"s with the pyramid for darkside and the cube for lightside?) (Shamelessly trying to add an idea to a great mod)

This mod has been going along awesomely. I can't wait until ":wid:"

Everyone loved Kotor 1, and as you know those people loved it because of the plot, the characters, and the flexible and varying stories. Many, didn't even know it, but they loved it over kotor 2 because of the environment. Sunny and happy vs. dark and sad.

Kotor 1 was happy, funny, all the jedi where alive,the force was at peace. :bounce1: In kotor 2 you hear a thousand stories, and each is telling you that this person died, this race failed, and this world is crap. :Pout1:

Keep this in mind, Logan, when you are making the environments, the characters and the plot. Don't make Kotor Thre- I mean Your mod, too, gloomy. I know this mod will will rock. :chew1:spin:

This mod has been going along awesomely. I can't wait until ":wid:"

Everyone loved Kotor 1, and as you know those people loved it because of the plot, the characters, and the flexible and varying stories. Many, didn't even know it, but they loved it over kotor 2 because of the environment. Sunny and happy vs. dark and sad.

Kotor 1 was happy, funny, all the jedi where alive,the force was at peace. :bounce1: In kotor 2 you hear a thousand stories, and each is telling you that this person died, this race failed, and this world is crap. :Pout1:

Keep this in mind, Logan, when you are making the environments, the characters and the plot. Don't make Kotor Thre- I mean Your mod, too, gloomy. I know this mod will will rock. :chew1:spin:

Thats pretty much my thoughts, exept that i prefer K1, but i do like dark and sad crap more than happy stories. Keep it up!

Hey everyone!

DarthParametric, once the mod is released you will get a more detailed breakdown on how the Lightsaber Creation system works.

Keeper_DP, Yes, there will be some edited character models like Nindo and Atinah. Redrob41 is working on some new characters/races for Revenge of Revan. As for the Sith lord,....I can't spoil that:xp:

I know some of you are wondering about the mood in Revenge of Revan.

We had a more happier mood in kotor1 then kotor2 which was more gloomy.

RoR is neither to happy or gloomy. I would say the mood of RoR is Dynamic.

Dynamic in the way that things change.

I want to thank everyone for their support:)

MORE TO COME ....

Logan

Hey everyone!

Darth Payne, I will have to see how I can make a plug and play version of the Lightsaber Creation System.

I should be able to put something together.

The release would be after the release of Revenge of Revan (Acts1 and 2).

Here are some new pics....

http://img210.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nov1ze9.jpg

http://img210.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nov3jx0.jpg

MORE TO COME .....

Logan

Hey everyone!

Darth Payne, I will have to see how I can make a plug and play version of the Lightsaber Creation System.

MORE TO COME .....

Logan

looking good logan. Cant wait for the next pics and the release.

Quick question about this--I was under the impression that this mod is modifying K2, but I don't remember any Selkath or Rancor models in TSL. :confused: Is this modifying K1? (I checked the first post, but I didn't really see where it said which one it was modding--I know I'm just missing it...)

Quick question about this--I was under the impression that this mod is modifying K2, but I don't remember any Selkath or Rancor models in TSL. :confused: Is this modifying K1? (I checked the first post, but I didn't really see where it said which one it was modding--I know I'm just missing it...)

its right up there, hanging around in the thread title.

And they might not appear ingame, but they are resources Obsidian took from K1 when they were making TSL.

Hey everyone!

MORE TO COME .....

Logan

Thanks logan.

I'm really loking forward to seeing what this mod will be like when i play it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

I want to wish everyone Happy Holidays!

Just wanted to let you guys know whats going on with the project.

After balancing the project along with holiday food and party, I'm almost done with the Teaser Trailer Revenge of Revan. It will be just a few seconds shy of 2 minutes.

If everything goes as planned I will be releasing it this coming weekend:)

MORE TO COME.....

Logan

• 2 weeks later...

Ok My Opinion on this

No offence but i think You're being too ambitious with out doing the best you could

Some of the vids of bik movies on youtube look exactly the same for instance

Just my opinion

I Think you will get this done but i also think you're pretty much adding anyone on the spot on to the team and that in my opinion again isent a good idea as the more team members the more files get mixed up and the such

- DarthYugi

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, it all sounds great so freaking great, but the thing I can't stand is that EVERYONE seems to forget Jolee, I mean, you'll never see him back in mods etc, and I thing it would be cool that you run into some 'Jolee-Followers' that he had trained someone to see neither dark or light but 'grey'.

Well keep up the good work, i'm gonna love this one!

but the thing I can't stand is that EVERYONE seems to forget Jolee

I think the main problem is that Jolee's model files wern't included in Kotor2. If you were to try and include him, you'd have to try and alter someone who looked vaguely similar.

Archived