Home

[tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan

logan23

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow ive been busy past week or so and look at the progress AWeSOME, king is great man, the underarmor is fine haha but considering they are technically more advanced than us wouldn't they have it? jk just being smart haha.

sweet job guys keep up the progress.

I wonder? I'm not a modder, so I don't know, is it possible to replace music in the game with something else? 'Cause I was watching this video (link:
) and the song playing in the background would probably be good for a climatic epic battle scene.

-AX

Yes, it's easily possible to replace ingame music. The reason why genuine modders don't do it is because it's illegal. Unfortunately, in America the laws are such that this is true whether the game is for profit or not.

You either have to find good music that has been released through a public license, (good luck with that!), write your own, or contact the publisher's legal team through a medium such as ASCAP.

For example, the video you referenced was a remixed version of LoTR music. This is an infringement on the publishing company that paid to have this music made for the movies. If Logan included such usic in his mod, most likely it would be taken off the servers here.

It sucks, but that's the law.

R-really? I thought it was Requiem for a Dream, or Tower, or whatever it's called. ->

I honestly have never heard the song, I just took from the uploader's comments that is for LoTR.

That's the name I found it on Itunes when I first made this video. Requiem for a Dream is a different song name. This was because this version of the song used here was a remixed version for Lord of The Rings. The original soundtrack did not include this version of the song, and the original was actually called "Lux Aeterna."

Yes, it's easily possible to replace ingame music. The reason why genuine modders don't do it is because it's illegal. Unfortunately, in America the laws are such that this is true whether the game is for profit or not.

You either have to find good music that has been released through a public license, (good luck with that!), write your own, or contact the publisher's legal team through a medium such as ASCAP.

For example, the video you referenced was a remixed version of LoTR music. This is an infringement on the publishing company that paid to have this music made for the movies. If Logan included such usic in his mod, most likely it would be taken off the servers here.

It sucks, but that's the law.

OK, OK I didn't know! I can't really see anyone wanting to do something as complicated as getting it directly from the guy who made it, but it was just a suggestion. :(

Hey everyone!

I'm back with an update... 2 test videos

First Video:

This is a Test Video showing the Aggressive dialogue option in action. The video will show you how your choices in handling a conversation with a NPC can lead to unpredicted consequences. It is not a matter of one choice but the combination of choices during the dialogue tree can lead to the event above. This is one example of how using a Diplomat or Aggressive dialogue option can affect the player's experience and not just the way they interact.

Second Video:

This Test Video is to show how you will be able choose the Jedi Exile's face. The face you choose will end up being used as the Jedi Exile in Revenge of Revan. The Dialogue will do a check on your choice wither you said that the Jedi Exile was male or female, and then you will get a choice of all the possible heads of that gender. You need to pick the correct one to crack into the computer but the reality is what ever you pick will be the correct one and will set up a reminder which head you choose so when you come across the Exile you will see the head you picked.

Due to Frapps i had to shoot the heads separately and merge using Vegas since Frapps does not record in-game Bink videos. What you see is how it is seen in-game as its fully functional.

I also want to say that those skins look great, redrob41 :thmbup1:

As for Revan's voice with the mask...that will be tested to see if the masked VO takes away the emotional impact of the dialogue's execution and impact.

With music right now we will only be using the kotor2 game music but there is always a possibility of new music but it is not on the list of to do from the Demo's release.

I hope you guys enjoy the videos and now you will know how I will all the player to choose their Exile's face.

MORE TO COME......

Logan

Those videos were awesome! How did you do that workbench to character generation thing? Oh, and also I noticed the orange GUI clashed with the green of the cg and dialogue and the blue of the workbench, I think I read somewhere that you can't change that, is that true?

-AX

Well, I haven't posted any artwork in a while, so I thought I'd better put something in here.

Builder Droid (Party member). I had to make it much more high-res. It's still a WIP at this point:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
picture.php?albumid=557&pictureid=6641

picture.php?albumid=557&pictureid=6642

I like this one in particular. I have an idea where I'd like to see this one - in addition to ROR, of course.

I believe the the color of the the in-game text is determined by individual letter images.

So.....you'd have to take all the in-game text, break it up letter by letter and change the individual letter shape and color...and I don't know what the heck I'm talking about but it sounds complicated and time-consuming. :(

-AX

So.....you'd have to take all the in-game text, break it up letter by letter and change the individual letter shape and color...and I don't know what the heck I'm talking about but it sounds complicated and time-consuming.

Actually there are a few tga files with the full alphabet and numbers used for the dlgs for different size type.

The issue is that you can not simply change the color of the letters and numbers and drop into the override.

From what i can tell is that there is a number code given that will be layered over the different gui color sections which in turn changes the base original color more green or yellow, etc. That is where the main issues are...it comes down to finding the layers and tweaking them to create the color you want.

When the Demo is in Beta I will be continuing to play with the gui colors.

The end result will be a separate Gui download to change it if the player wishes to.

The Demo will not have the changed Gui unless i can get 100 percent everything changed. Again it will be a separate download.

MORE TO COME.....

Logan

I like this one in particular. I have an idea where I'd like to see this one - in addition to ROR, of course.

i cannot see this picture idk y nothing shows up any ideas?

hey sup guys still been out of it, nice videos man i loved them and how it went. one question idk if u said this before but when will the demo be released? 2011 sometime? and another thing i could mention more of a question but i won't state it here because ppl will complain due to some of their stupidity.... no offense to anyone, but i just saw something out of interrest just hit me up if u wanna here it.

i cannot see this picture idk y nothing shows up any ideas?

Try this idea:

Something must be wrong with my computer because I can't see the Builder Droid Picture at all in the spoiler box.

They are saved in my RoR album here on LucasForums. AFAIK, you need to be logged in to see them. I'll check and make sure that they aren't set to private.

The others are hosted on ImageShack, so they'll always show as links.

Hey,

Stopping in to show some pics

Show spoiler
k200237.jpg

Show spoiler
k200481.jpg

Show spoiler
k200469.jpg

Show spoiler
k200270.jpg

There will be a few extra images in the Revenge of Revan Public social Group

MORE TO COME......

Logan

That jawa in the first pic is amazing!!!

I know there are jawa models in the game files and seen in TJM but that jawa is cool, likly skinned by redrob.

Nope, try as I might, I simply can't re-skin every character in the game :xp:. It does look cool though.

Those are some great pics Logan :D, especially Cain facing the beast

Archived