Home

[tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan

logan23

sup everyone i have been out of it for a while(actually making a campaing for age of empires rise of rome :)) anyone have that game CONTACT ME FOR ONLINE PLAY IT IS STILL ALIVE!!!

i have a question say i wanna play kotor 2 still and i install your mod will it overwrite or mess with the original game at all? i know in some cases that this happens to games that someone will make a mod and if u try to do something with the game it may sync out! i was jjust curious!

and if i can do anything to help i have maybe i little time were i can do anything small and very easy so say (i got maybe a month before i leave) so hit me up let me know!! i love this mod and support it greatly you guys are doing a h*** of a job you really are!! KEEPT AT IT!!

also logan if i get lucky i may be able to learn coding through the navy as a school if so it could be a year before i get out of my schools, but if you r still working on this i will contact u however i can and offer my aid then!! i love this mod i rly do! that is if i learn coding through them if not then it will be a long time before i finish learning coding lolz cuz i will do it in college as a degree as well ;)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i have a question say i wanna play kotor 2 still and i install your mod will it overwrite or mess with the original game at all? i know in some cases that this happens to games that someone will make a mod and if u try to do something with the game it may sync out! i was jjust curious

I don't see how you'd be able to flip between vanilla and ror. You'd have to empty the override everytime you wanted to, and you'd have to have a backup of the Modules, lips, data, and probably others. Then you'd have to deal with the 2das....so no, I highly doubt you'd be able to do that. It would be best to simply reinstall k2 when you're done with ror.

Thank you for answaring my question Logan! :) About the installation.... The only mod that i have installed and worked is tslrcm. The other mods that i have installed is YavinIV and Bossr and none of them worked.... Both was installed with the tslpatcher.. maybe the problem is that it won't work on my kotor, maybe i just did something wrong... When you are installing mods with the tsl patcher, what's the differens exactly? Couse i have NO idea.....

Thank you for answaring my question Logan! :) About the installation.... The only mod that i have installed and worked is tslrcm. The other mods that i have installed is YavinIV and Bossr and none of them worked.... Both was installed with the tslpatcher.. maybe the problem is that it won't work on my kotor, maybe i just did something wrong... When you are installing mods with the tsl patcher, what's the differens exactly? Couse i have NO idea.....

Hey, from what I know Yavin IV and BOSSR are incompatible (if I am wrong, someone please correct me). Also, if you do install BOSSR with the TSL Patcher, you may have to tell all of your folders to not "read-only" in the properties section. There's some more info about it in the BOSSR thread in the Taris Emporium.

As for the TSL Patcher, it's a tool by Stoffe that is capable of editing and merging .2da files (among other things). This helps increase the compatibility of major mods, as one usually needs to edit the .2da files to alter the more significant parts of the game or add larger content like BOSSR.

Hope all of that helps. :thmbup1:

Hey, from what I know Yavin IV and BOSSR are incompatible (if I am wrong, someone please correct me). Also, if you do install BOSSR with the TSL Patcher, you may have to tell all of your folders to not "read-only" in the properties section. There's some more info about it in the BOSSR thread in the Taris Emporium.

As for the TSL Patcher, it's a tool by Stoffe that is capable of editing and merging .2da files (among other things). This helps increase the compatibility of major mods, as one usually needs to edit the .2da files to alter the more significant parts of the game or add larger content like BOSSR.

Hope all of that helps. :thmbup1:

Thanks, i'll check it out and if i still don't understand i'll send you a message.

By the way, i'm from Sweden and i have no idea what incompatible means... Any way, thanks!

Incompatible means that if you install both, you will run into (gamebreaking) bugs and will be forced to start over.

well, that hasn't been happening to me. Maybe becouse none of them work... or that i have reinstalled the game.... I had the best of pc installed and played with the usial disc but now i uninstalled the best of pc and installed the usial game (not mac by the way).

Hey,

How about an optional torrent version?

Right now there is no plan for one i know how this will be distributed and will be tested once Beta starts. I am sure that someone out there will end up creating a torrent for this mod.

i have a question say i wanna play kotor 2 still and i install your mod will it overwrite or mess with the original game at all? i know in some cases that this happens to games that someone will make a mod and if u try to do something with the game it may sync out! i was jjust curious!

I don't see how you'd be able to flip between vanilla and ror. You'd have to empty the override everytime you wanted to, and you'd have to have a backup of the Modules, lips, data, and probably others. Then you'd have to deal with the 2das....so no, I highly doubt you'd be able to do that. It would be best to simply reinstall k2 when you're done with ror.

Actually you don't need to re-install kotor2.

What you do is take the kotor2 override folder you have before installing RoR and change its name to ....ORGOverride

Kotor2 will not see this over ride and you can create a new file named Override then install RoR and the files will go into the fresh new override folder.

After playing RoR or if you want to switch back to the original kotor2 game you just need to change the RoR override folder to a new name like ROROverride and change the ORGOverride file back to the name Override. This will solve the override file issues.

One last thing you would have to do is change the name of the 001EBO.mod file to another name like rror.mod so the game will not use the file and will go to the original 001EBOerf module file.

The last thing you would have to change is the intro movie file to another name and place back the original which will be in the backup file folder.

Then you are ready to play the original game again. As for lips and VOs they should not have the same name as any other mod out there or existing game file name for theses areas so the game will just not use them/see them.

These instructions can be also used for you to jump back and forth between RoR and the Original kotor2 game when ever you want to.

As you can see you do not need to re-install kotor2 :thmbup1:

@salam263

Lord of Hunger i believe is correct those two are not compatible mods. If you try to run them together in the same override folder,etc you will end up with parts of the game not activating the missions/quests,..or you will get the wrong NPC appearance.

Logan

Hey,

Right now there is no plan for one i know how this will be distributed and will be tested once Beta starts. I am sure that someone out there will end up creating a torrent for this mod.

Actually you don't need to re-install kotor2.

What you do is take the kotor2 override folder you have before installing RoR and change its name to ....ORGOverride

Kotor2 will not see this over ride and you can create a new file named Override then install RoR and the files will go into the fresh new override folder.

After playing RoR or if you want to switch back to the original kotor2 game you just need to change the RoR override folder to a new name like ROROverride and change the ORGOverride file back to the name Override. This will solve the override file issues.

One last thing you would have to do is change the name of the 001EBO.mod file to another name like rror.mod so the game will not use the file and will go to the original 001EBOerf module file.

The last thing you would have to change is the intro movie file to another name and place back the original which will be in the backup file folder.

Then you are ready to play the original game again. As for lips and VOs they should not have the same name as any other mod out there or existing game file name for theses areas so the game will just not use them/see them.

These instructions can be also used for you to jump back and forth between RoR and the Original kotor2 game when ever you want to.

As you can see you do not need to re-install kotor2 :thmbup1:

@salam263

Lord of Hunger i believe is correct those two are not compatible mods. If you try to run them together in the same override folder,etc you will end up with parts of the game not activating the missions/quests,..or you will get the wrong NPC appearance.

Logan

Can't you make a video on youtube or something to show people how to install the mod.... Becouse i have no talant of installing mods at all :(

And thank's for explaining that to me :)

Can't you make a video on youtube or something to show people how to install the mod.... Becouse i have no talant of installing mods at all :(

And thank's for explaining that to me :)

I doubt, they would make a big mod like this complicated to install.. It would eiether.. be "move these files to this folder" or a simple installer or TSLpatcher..

I doubt, they would make a big mod like this complicated to install.. It would eiether.. be "move these files to this folder" or a simple installer or TSLpatcher..

Yeah probably, but the two only mods i have installed with the tslpatcher haven't worked (there's probably something about the tslpatcher i don't now :( ) and i've never done "move these files to this folder" installation and the only mod that i have installed (and worked) is tslrcm and i don't now what that mod was installed with but probably a simple installation...

Yeah probably, but the two only mods i have installed with the tslpatcher haven't worked (there's probably something about the tslpatcher i don't now :( ) and i've never done "move these files to this folder" installation and the only mod that i have installed (and worked) is tslrcm and i don't now what that mod was installed with but probably a simple installation...

Basicly, he will have folders named "Overide", "Modules" ect, and you just move the files in his override folder to the overide folder in the kotor directory, simple as that... and you would do the same with the other folders..

Hey

Back with some pics

At the Jedi Temple with a Jedi meditating

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
k200617.jpg

A Jedi master instructing Younglings (The hands will be fixed)

Show spoiler
k200618.jpg

Now with Shiny Armor

Show spoiler
k200623.jpg

Show spoiler
k200628.jpg

MORE TO COME.....

Nice pics logan ;)

Two questions though: the first picture reminds me of deathdisco's jedi temple mod. Is it the same or another reskin from the enclave sub-level?

2- The hilt in the master's hand (the yoda's species) seems a little too... big, due to his size. Is it meant to be like that?

Keep up the great Work ;)

Hey

Back with some pics

At the Jedi Temple with a Jedi meditating

Show spoiler
k200617.jpg

Show spoiler
k200618.jpg

Now with Shiny Armor

Show spoiler
k200623.jpg

Show spoiler
k200628.jpg

MORE TO COME.....

HOLY HUTT HINEY!!!

That's SICK!!!

Show spoiler
k200618.jpg

Have you tried putting different clothing.uti in their .utc files? I think that there are 9 or 10 different variations.

BTW, are the Mirialan boys supposed to be twins? :)

I LOVE the shiny jedi armor, though the leg pieces seemed a little too shiny. (might just be the lighting though)

Since I added the shine, I might play around with that for future releases.

Archived