Home

[tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan

logan23

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone!

I want to welcome Hvalek to the forums!

I got hooked on Kotor and I registered just for this mod and may I ask, when is this mod going to be relase, I also offer you my help

I can not release when I believe the Demo or the final game will be released but I do keep that in mind so that this mod will be finished and not go on forever in production.

You mention about helping, what area where you looking at?

Keep it up Logan and company, your work echos that of paid professional game developers

Thank you:)

Developer Blog 5.0

Game play/Quests and Pacing the Game:

This blog go over some of the game’s pacing. One of the things I wanted to keep was the basic pacing of the other two kotor games.

In Revenge of Revan the quests are broken into a few types.

There is the main game quest which is the main quests for each planet and the over all quest of the game. I’m working on making each of these quests end up with issues that will get in the way and keep the quests from going being so strait forward. These are the largest of the quests.

There will also be side quests which start due to an event in the main quest and will jump in and out as you play the game. These quests run parallel to the main quest in the game. An example of this is the tension between the Exchange and the Hutts and also a few others which I can’t talk about right now.

Then there the optional side quests which are Bounty hunter quests, smuggler quests as well as other threads that can be taken but will be used as tools to gain experience, hidden items and to allow the player to gain and lose trust with party members. These are meant to not affect the main quest but are tools to help define your PC more as well as your bond with your party members.

Then I have instant quest/events which are the type of quest where you come across a NPC who is being threatened and you can either do something or just ignore it.

This is great since these optional side quests and instant quests/events can easily be added to new versions of the game without worry about throwing off the main quest’s pacing or story.

With pacing of Revenge of Revan I am trying to make sure that new events are happening as you jump in and out of modules as the game progresses. An Example of this is when you re enter a module with a NPC that asked for help earlier wither you said yes or no,..or even you didn’t talk to the npc..at a certain point you will see a group threaten the npc about the situation they have with him. The player then will be able to jump in or let the npc face their fate. The npc will react due to your interaction or lack of one with him earlier.

This will break up the feeling of running from already visited module to module and feel empty or everything is done. I will be adding new npcs or quests as the game progresses and you return to this module you already visited.

Revenge of Revan will follow the same kotor model of exploring and then events of combat but I want to make the game about the PC’s journey as you define your PC’s past and present.

I will remind everyone that Demo 1.0 will not have all the quests but the quests in the Demo will give you an idea where the game is going. the missing quests and content will be in Demo 2.0 which will be half the game.

Pics:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
k200035.jpg

Show spoiler
k2100065.jpg

Show spoiler
k2100056.jpg

Show spoiler
k200518.jpg

Show spoiler
k200492.jpg

More pics can be found in RoR's public social group

MORE TO COME.....

Logan

Wow...I've been out of it for a long time, but I gotta say, I'm immeasurably pleased to see that things have really progressed since I drifted off. Everything looks absolutely amazing. Honestly, from some of the things I've seen, it's looking like I might enjoy this more than the official game. Kudos. Looking forward to more.

I can help with quests ideas and to creating items (clothing stims lightsabers etc) I have a idea can you upload what you have and tell me the story line from their i can "mod" it upload my version and you can see if you like it.

I got hooked on Kotor and I registered just for this mod

Welcome to the forums Hvalek :). It always makes me smile to see that someone has joined LucasForums because of Revenge of Revan :D.

I can help with quests ideas and to creating items (clothing stims lightsabers etc) I have a idea can you upload what you have and tell me the story line from their i can "mod" it upload my version and you can see if you like it.

there's already a huge amount of info available about the mod and quests. In fact, there's too much for me to remember, and I'm on the mod team :lol:. I don't know how Logan keeps track of it all, but I'm glad he does.

If you've got a cool quest idea that you'd like to share, I'd suggest that you join the Revenge of Revan (Public Group) in the Social Group section (click here) of the forums. In there, Logan has links to video and audio Modcasts, which has tons of info in a tidy package (because reading can get tiring after the 18th page :lol:). You could probably post your ideas for quests in the Social Group's Request thread, since there is already a few other idea suggestions in there.

Thanks, everyone, for your enthusiasm. It really helps us keep working ;)

-snip-

Good stuff. It sounds like you've managed to prevent the story from becoming too linear while preserving the direction. I felt that KOTOR originally had this problem. TSL too, though the Onderon section dealt with that very well.

The only thing I personally caution is to give the player a sense that he/she is not just jumping through more hoops and is accomplishing something. But then again, you probably already know that. :D

Pics:

Show spoiler
k200035.jpg

Show spoiler
k2100065.jpg

Show spoiler
k2100056.jpg

Show spoiler
k200518.jpg

Show spoiler
k200492.jpg

More pics can be found in RoR's public social group

MORE TO COME.....

Logan

The modules are definitely looking very lively, which is a good sign.

I am also very happy to see the Hands of Silence, or at the Silent Acolytes. :thmbup1:

Good stuff as always Logan.

Just a suggestion here (didn't see it if anyone else has posted it and if so sry for double post). I know I've found that I accumulate a lot of random stuff in my inventory that's most special items that you can only get once, and even though I don't use them I don't want to sell them or break them down scince they're on of a kind, so I go to store them in a compartment somewhere on the ebon hawk to leave room in my inventory. Only to screw up and put an item in there that I need, and then I have to remove all items and start again. I think it would be handy if there was a way to just take the items you want from a container instead of only being able to hit 'get items' and take them all.

Sry if I rambled

have realized I should post this on the RoR site

I know I've found that I accumulate a lot of random stuff in my inventory that's most special items that you can only get once, and even though I don't use them I don't want to sell them or break them down scince they're on of a kind, so I go to store them in a compartment somewhere on the ebon hawk to leave room in my inventory. Only to screw up and put an item in there that I need, and then I have to remove all items and start again. I think it would be handy if there was a way to just take the items you want from a container instead of only being able to hit 'get items' and take them all.

The game is structured so that the buttons you can press are always there and cannot be tampered with, so unless Logan has a way around your issue in different manner, I don't think he'll be able to change that part of the game structure.

-AX

I just have to say, WOW. This is going to be colossal. This will, without a doubt be better than the original game, and hopefully a lot more satisfying. Just wanted to say great work the new skins and models by redrob, logan and everyone who is working on this look mind blowing. I cant wait for the release of this mod, keep it up!

Hi everyone! This is my first post--and I just wanted to say that this project looks absolutely amazing! I'm really looking forward to playing it. :)

:wavey: Welcome to the Forums, and thanks very much for your enthusiasm.

I'm going to be going on vacation soon, and won't be back untill September. I just wanted to let everyone know that my dedication, drive, and sense of fun for this mod are still roaring (it's gonna be hard not to log in for a few weeks). With that in mind, here's a bit of an update as to how much effort I've put in so far:

+323 lines to heads.2da

+441 lines to appearance.2da

+163 lines to portraits.2da

+ 30 lines to feats.2da (species descriptions only)

Total 2da added lines = 957 (Thanks Stoffe for the TSLPatcher)

84 newly re-modelled mdl files = 14.4 MB

84 accompanying mdx files = 10.4 MB

825 tga skins (about 25% "simple" re-colours) = 643 MB

And this is just for the characters (my work as well as some others). Plus, I've still got more to add (DS transitions, portraits, etc). You've still got all Logan's work on the story, scripting, dialogs, areas, modules, sound, & more. Plus the contributions of many others like Kyvios, Lord of Hunger, Juansaman, Quanon, jonathan7, Canderis, Inyri, Vordyn Kael, Holty 1-5 and more. RoR is gonna be HUGE!

I've been working away in my little cave for so long, that I hadn't seen the forest for the trees. After totalling up all my work so far, I've just gotten all excited again about why I wanted to help out with this mod. It is largely due to the hard work that Logan put in at the beggining, and the continued hard work by everyone, that keeps me going to insane new heights.

I'm looking forward to coming back from a restful road trip, energized and ready to get back to work (more like play) on RoR. I hope that all you fans, old & new, are just as excited about it as I am :D

Take care, see you soon,

RedRob41

:band1

When RedRob puts it like that, it puts the whole thing into perspective, the amount of work RedRob is putting into this (not to mention Logan and the rest of the gang) is virtually the same as a team whose making a new video game from scratch! If you doubt their determination, just read RedRob's post above mine!

-AX

Wow, this is amazing. This will be a great thing for your guys' resumes even if the job has nothing to do with computers/gaming. It shows your level of dedication.

Is there going to be any custom music for this mod? This may have come up before (I tried looking through the official site about it), sorry if it was redundant.

Yes, it's easily possible to replace ingame music. The reason why genuine modders don't do it is because it's illegal. Unfortunately, in America the laws are such that this is true whether the game is for profit or not.

You either have to find good music that has been released through a public license, (good luck with that!), write your own, or contact the publisher's legal team through a medium such as ASCAP.

For example, the video you referenced was a remixed version of LoTR music. This is an infringement on the publishing company that paid to have this music made for the movies. If Logan included such music in his mod, most likely it would be taken off the servers here.

It sucks, but that's the law.

I asked about this earlier, and the answer is no, unless your willing to make it yourself with music software and send it to Logan.

{Snip} Removed part referring to deleted off topic postings. -RH

Hey,

I want to first wish Redrob41 a very relaxing vacation. :thmbup1:

As you can see from Redrob41's post that he was done a lot of new characters...its truly mind blowing!!!

Before he left i have received his files and I'm working on updating the NPCs' appearances. Don't worry the new skins will not be over used and you will not be seeing Chiss walking around Corellia since the Chiss are in the most part unknown by the masses in the Republic.

Give you an update of where i am in the production...I'm right now polishing the modules for Demo 1.0's Beta testing. The process is going well and there really are few if any bugs so far.

I know some people were wondering about the amount of game play for Demo 1.0. This Demo will have 4 hrs ..maybe more. It all comes down to how few bugs there are which frees me up to add more side quests.

The Demo 2.0 will be the full half of the game and hope to release that 3 months or less after the Demo 1.0 release. The Demo 2.0 game play time could be from 6-8 hrs. Yes only half of the game will be around 6-8 hrs long which gives you an idea how big the final game will be.

Here are some new pics for you.

You might notice some of them have no dlg written that because i blacked it out to keep spoilers to minimum

Show spoiler
k200568.jpg

Show spoiler
k200551.jpg

Show spoiler
k200550.jpg

Show spoiler
k200558.jpg

Show spoiler
k200561.jpg

Show spoiler
k200597.jpg

Show spoiler
k200578.jpg

Show spoiler
k200577.jpg

Logan23 I could create some music if you would like (won't be able to start for a week or two). I'm not sure if I would be able to make any good enough but I would like to try if your interested. What format would it need to be in?

PM if you have any past samples. This music would have to be star wars/classical feel.

I hope to have some more news and surprises for you soon,..maybe a video....who knows....

The team and myself would like to say thanks for all the support:)

MORE TO COME.......

Logan

Archived