Home

[tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan

logan23

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Question about the shiny armour

!. is it a seperate armour piece... Or does it come with the jedi robes..

2. Im guessing its metal shiney armour, so does that mean it will restrict some force powers??

Download & check out Darth Darkus' Armored Robes mod. All I did was add the alpha channel to the metal parts, and made a .txi file with the envmap CM_Baremetal. In DD's mod, he didn't have metal shine, but two of the robes had ragged edged cloaks (they use the default, transparent shader).

There aren't any restrictions on Force powers, since they are technically Jedi robes (they use the padawan model).

Download & check out Darth Darkus' Armored Robes mod. All I did was add the alpha channel to the metal parts, and made a .txi file with the envmap CM_Baremetal. In DD's mod, he didn't have metal shine, but two of the robes had ragged edged cloaks (they use the default, transparent shader).

There aren't any restrictions on Force powers, since they are technically Jedi robes (they use the padawan model).

Thats for the answers xD and thats awesome xD there really good

Nice pics logan ;)

Two questions though: the first picture reminds me of deathdisco's jedi temple mod. Is it the same or another reskin from the enclave sub-level?

2- The hilt in the master's hand (the yoda's species) seems a little too... big, due to his size. Is it meant to be like that?

Keep up the great Work ;)

Logan asked for permission to use those modules way back in April of '08.

Unless something changed, those should be the modules from my mod. Though I'm sure they've probably been tweaked to his liking.

At the time I had no idea of the depth and scope of what he and his team were going to create and that they'd be at it this long.

Keep up the good work. You guys are truly Masters! :thmbup1:

hey cool. I didn't get to check out the robes after the improvement but they look really cool. only thing is that you can't have the ragged edges on the sith versions anymore but wth this is going to be a cool mod.:rock::rock::rock:

yeah, it's too bad that it has to be one or the other, 'cause those ragged robes looked good. It'd be awesome if we could have more than one shader applied to each texture, but it can't be done.

And wouldn't it be possible to instead of have two shaders for one textures, have to textures for one armor? it's possible with masks, weapons etc, so...

while it is possible to have two textures with one robe, it wouldn't work very well for playable characters. The way the appearance.2da is set up, it requires one group of textures for each model. In this case all the PMBI01 - PMBI10 textures, which would override the names embedded in the .mdl file.

If it was a unique character, they could have a unique model and pair of textures. The tex names would be hex edited into the .mdl file, and there would be no texture listed in the appearance.2da file.

At the Jedi Temple with a Jedi meditating

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
k200617.jpg

A Jedi master instructing Younglings (The hands will be fixed)

Show spoiler
k200618.jpg

Now with Shiny Armor

Show spoiler
k200623.jpg

Show spoiler
k200628.jpg

Hey nice pics logan, about the younglings is there like a way to put some better looking clothes on them so they don't look like the dregs of the underlevels.

And the armored robes I am trying to think of the right word um :migraine: OH, Shiny :D.

I usually am paitent...

Not as I recall from the TSLRP forums.

Please do as TriggerGod advised, Dan, and take a chill pill on pressing mod developers for release dates and news. You have seen what that can do to a forum... oops, I have seen what it can do to a forum, you have done it.

On-Topic: the most recent screens, as with most of the screens shown in this thread, have a richness of color that is almost always lacking in TSL. Crispness, detail, everything is visually enhanced. *Better*.

Not as I recall from the TSLRP forums.

Please do as TriggerGod advised, Dan, and take a chill pill on pressing mod developers for release dates and news. You have seen what that can do to a forum... oops, I have seen what it can do to a forum, you have done it.

On-Topic: the most recent screens, as with most of the screens shown in this thread, have a richness of color that is almost always lacking in TSL. Crispness, detail, everything is visually enhanced. *Better*.

I dont even recall being in the TSLRP forums??? :/ and sorry I didnt mean to offened anyone :(

Huh. Well, there was a darthdan on the TSLRP forums a while back, I remember back when I actually used it.

The only places I go to look for news in mods, it here, this forum and Kotorfiles on file planet, I havent made an account of the TSLRP, forum before..

Oh and deadly steam... But Im under a different username on that one...

On topic- Logan all your stuff is great, well done and cant wait for the demo xD welldone to the rest of the team too, also sorry I was actully asking for more news its more like my way of saying " Hows it going" lol

• 2 weeks later...

hey, did you see this post about TOR?

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=205414 (it links to this interview):

http://www.starwarsmmo.net/news/daniel-erikson-clears-up-playable-species-questions/

I read the interview, and it had some interesting points. With all the playable aliens that we have in RoR, we really need to get the species recognition working.

I was thinking that after the title crawl, and we first see the Padawan (I still think it would be funny to have him wake up from sleeping), instead of talking to Quan Drayen right away, he should talk to a protocol droid (the droid is waking you up, like a butler crossed with an alarm clock :lol:). The droid would first let you get dressed (tutorial mode for opening lockers and equiping clothes), with choice of long padawan robe or the three basic Jedi clothes that you see at character creation screen (Sentinel, Consular, & Guardian under tunic). Then it could have some dialogue about needing to update some records in the Jedi archive, for ID purposes maybe. One of the questions could be "Species:" to which we would have all the available ones listed. When you pick a dialog tree, it should have a script that adds the species.uti to your hidden item slot.

For some species, there may be additional items that need to be given. For example, if you tell the droid that you are Miraluka, it will respond: "That reminds me, Master, your headwear has been cleaned, and placed in the locker by the door." There would be a script that spawns a new locker with a few items in it (I still need to make a few optional items like veils and goggles). I can't think of any other species specific items that we'd need to spawn.

After entering all data for the Jedi records, the protocol droid could "remind" you that Master Drayen is to meet with you soon, and that there is a training droid available to pass the time until then. Once the droid's dialog has ended and it exits the room, it would pretty much be the point where you currently have the module starting.

Once all that is done, it would be a matter of adding lines of dialog throughout the game that recognizes your species "feat". Depending on which species you were should determine how NPCs react to you. This is what Erikson was talking about.

Anyway, its food for thought (and something to talk about here in the thread :raise:). I need to get back to work :D.

hey, did you see this post about TOR?

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=205414 (it links to this interview):

http://www.starwarsmmo.net/news/daniel-erikson-clears-up-playable-species-questions/

I read the interview, and it had some interesting points. With all the playable aliens that we have in RoR, we really need to get the species recognition working.

I was thinking that after the title crawl, and we first see the Padawan (I still think it would be funny to have him wake up from sleeping), instead of talking to Quan Drayen right away, he should talk to a protocol droid (the droid is waking you up, like a butler crossed with an alarm clock :lol:). The droid would first let you get dressed (tutorial mode for opening lockers and equiping clothes), with choice of long padawan robe or the three basic Jedi clothes that you see at character creation screen (Sentinel, Consular, & Guardian under tunic). Then it could have some dialogue about needing to update some records in the Jedi archive, for ID purposes maybe. One of the questions could be "Species:" to which we would have all the available ones listed. When you pick a dialog tree, it should have a script that adds the species.uti to your hidden item slot.

For some species, there may be additional items that need to be given. For example, if you tell the droid that you are Miraluka, it will respond: "That reminds me, Master, your headwear has been cleaned, and placed in the locker by the door." There would be a script that spawns a new locker with a few items in it (I still need to make a few optional items like veils and goggles). I can't think of any other species specific items that we'd need to spawn.

After entering all data for the Jedi records, the protocol droid could "remind" you that Master Drayen is to meet with you soon, and that there is a training droid available to pass the time until then. Once the droid's dialog has ended and it exits the room, it would pretty much be the point where you currently have the module starting.

Once all that is done, it would be a matter of adding lines of dialog throughout the game that recognizes your species "feat". Depending on which species you were should determine how NPCs react to you. This is what Erikson was talking about.

Anyway, its food for thought (and something to talk about here in the thread :raise:). I need to get back to work :D.

That sounds pretty cool :)

Hey everyone!

I'm just making a quick up date here.

As redrob41 stated I have been doing a lot of behind the scenes for the Demo so it will be ready for testing.....

And I would like to officially announce that the Beta Testing for the Demo's content has Started!

As for the PC's Species recognition from NPCs.....

We are still working on getting a script that will allow us to do this.

MORE TO COME.......

Logan

Hey everyone!

I'm just making a quick up date here.

As redrob41 stated I have been doing a lot of behind the scenes for the Demo so it will be ready for testing.....

And I would like to officially announce that the Beta Testing for the Demo's content has Started!

As for the PC's Species recognition from NPCs.....

We are still working on getting a script that will allow us to do this.

MORE TO COME.......

Logan

awsome :D

Archived