Home

[tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan

logan23

Hey everyone!

I just to let you know that i had some computer issues which are now resolved. I have all the content, it was something relating to booting up and the bios setup. Now that's all resolved I'm back to doing the modding.

While I was stuck using another computer..I started to work on a new RoR webpage.

The webpage will replace the wetpaint one and will look very professional. My brother who is a computer programmer will be taking over the rest of the building of the site. Look for the new site sometime in January.

Testing is going very well with the Demo and I'm the dlg is all being edited by our new team member JediExile. She will be doing dlg editing, writing for sidequests as well as writing for other sections of the game and some VOs as well.

This means dlg lines will be sent out to Voice actors/actresses this week.

I also have some great news.....Revenge of Revan will have new Music:thmbup1:

Our new team member Paige will composing RoR themes for the game as well as bringing some past star wars music in with her own twist. She has already started working on samples and will keep you updated on any finished new music.

That is all for now......Will have some pics later this week.

MORE TO COME.......

Logan

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey,

Here are some pics that will be placed in the website

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
holonetwp12.jpg

Show spoiler
kailawp12.jpg

Show spoiler
drayenwp12.jpg

Show spoiler
markuswp1.jpg

Show spoiler
uldirwp1.jpg

These will be for the page where you select a character to learn more about them.

This will have characters that range from party members, merchants, and other NPCs you will come across in the game.

MORE TO COME....

Logan

Hey,

Show spoiler
holonetwp12.jpg

I'm liking the orange bar in this shot. Some of the other screenies are a little too bright orange (probably because the background is lighter). The darker orange gives more contrast to the white text, so it stands out better.

woot! a w e s o m e ! ! !

but damnit! your green devaronian definitely looks better than mine :D!

Thanks I guess, or should I say sorry? :xp: How can you say this one looks better than yours? All you can see is the back of his bald head, and his horns. When I want skin that looks kinda realistic (as realistic as non-human colours can get, anyway), I use Photoshop's "match colors" or the "color balance" and almost NEVER use "hue/saturation".

Hum, is the twi'lek holo a reskin of the Twin Suns? If so, was-it done by redbob41?

who's redbob? jk :D

actually, I did the outfit from skratch, and it is a re-skin of the basic human underwear model. I based it on the Asari dancer outfit from Mass Effect.

How can you say this one looks better than yours? All you can see is the back of his bald head, and his horns. When I want skin that looks kinda realistic (as realistic as non-human colours can get, anyway), I use Photoshop's "match colors" or the "color balance" and almost NEVER use "hue/saturation".

I was indeed mostly referring to the skin-color. Thanks for the tip with the photoshop-functions as I indeed used hue/saturation (in combination with contrast/brightness, or however it's called in english).

Btw.: *whisper* can you arrange a date with that Kaila-chick? She's hot :D!

Hey,

Show spoiler
holonetwp12.jpg

Show spoiler
kailawp12.jpg

Show spoiler
drayenwp12.jpg

Show spoiler
markuswp1.jpg

Show spoiler
uldirwp1.jpg

These will be for the page where you select a character to learn more about them.

This will have characters that range from party members, merchants, and other NPCs you will come across in the game.

MORE TO COME....

Logan

Awesome! I couldn't fail to notice that your wetpaint site was not being updated as frequently as this thread.

Btw.: *whisper* can you arrange a date with that Kaila-chick? She's hot :D!

Uhhhhhh......what?????? Is this a joke, or a sub-plot request? :lol:

Hey,

Show spoiler
holonetwp12.jpg

Show spoiler
kailawp12.jpg

Show spoiler
drayenwp12.jpg

Show spoiler
markuswp1.jpg

Show spoiler
uldirwp1.jpg

MORE TO COME....

Logan

The new content looks great. :thmbup1: Are these pics of stuff from the demo coming soon? Or are these pics from future releases of the mod?

PS sorry about your computer hope its all fixed now. and cant wait to see the new website. :)

The new content looks great. Are these pics of stuff from the demo coming soon? Or are these pics from future releases of the mod?

PS sorry about your computer hope its all fixed now. and cant wait to see the new website.

Thanks,

Yes my computer is fully functional again:)

I talked to my brother and we are looking at a January time frame for the website release.

These images are right from the Demo's content.

The plan is to have the webpage show content and info on the Demo and the game's features and then you will have added updates to the website with new character info and bios as we continue to get Act 1 built and polished.

I'm liking the orange bar in this shot. Some of the other screenies are a little too bright orange (probably because the background is lighter). The darker orange gives more contrast to the white text, so it stands out better.

I agree.

Logan

Whenever you get around to this thread again, I was wondering if you are still looking for people to do voiceovers. I wasn't sure since the post you made about it was a long time ago. I posted my short resume on the deadlystream thread. I would just like to know if I should or should not stay posted for a response.

On another note, I remembered reading something about past game descisions coming into account as opposed to a cannon story. Kotor 2 went off of a cannon story from kotor 1 and didn't vary depending on what you did in the first game. I am a big fan of seeing repercussions of what I did in the last game happen in the next one though. I was just wondering how you would implement the orriginal kotor's decisions without interfering with the storyline of the second game.

Kotor 2 went off of a cannon story from kotor 1 and didn't vary depending on what you did in the first game. I am a big fan of seeing repercussions of what I did in the last game happen in the next one though. I was just wondering how you would implement the orriginal kotor's decisions without interfering with the storyline of the second game.

Actually you have to decide in dialogues early in K2 on how you think, K1 ended (basically two parameters: Was Revan male or female? and was Revan good or evil?).

I guess it'll be implemented much the same way in RoR :).

True. I guess what I really mean to say is how much will this affect the game. For example, in Mass Effect two you could see the weight of some of your choices. Such as did this character die or not. It will be really hard to be very precise about that, which is why it did not affect the gameplay in Kotor 2. So what I am really trying to ask is, "How will my choices in previous games be reflected and/or to what extremes will they be."

Actually you have to decide in dialogues early in K2 on how you think, K1 ended (basically two parameters: Was Revan male or female? and was Revan good or evil?).

I guess it'll be implemented much the same way in RoR :).

I guess you haven't seen the video where your player chooses the appearance of Revan in ROR? Link:

hmm, wasn't that the exile's head that you were choosing there, and if i'm remembering corectly, revan are going to be wearing he's robes(?)

Yes, you are correct that is the selection of heads for the Exile.

Revan will be in his robes and you will not see his/her face since the face models are in kotor1 and not present in kotor2.

True. I guess what I really mean to say is how much will this affect the game. For example, in Mass Effect two you could see the weight of some of your choices. Such as did this character die or not. It will be really hard to be very precise about that, which is why it did not affect the gameplay in Kotor 2. So what I am really trying to ask is, "How will my choices in previous games be reflected and/or to what extremes will they be."

In the area of your choices and their impact shown in RoR....yes you will see cameos of past NPCs for kotor1/2 as well as others being mentioned.

EX. With a DS ending for kotor1,...we know some npcs might be dead and this will still stand. If you did the LS ending then you will see what happen to some of these characters and might even interact with them during the RoR game.

EX. kotor2 there are good deal of factors due to choices in the game and we are placing some in RoR. Kreia's predictions will be seen as some of them play out in RoR. A good example of this Mical will either be a Jedi council member or the person Kreia mentioned in her vision told to you at the end of kotor2. Some characters are less detailed in the visions which allow us the developers to have more flexibility with their futures based on their own physiological profiles.

I can not go into to much detail since one... they would be spoilers for those who have not completed kotor2 and two... spoil the surprises in RoR.

I will leave you on this note,..that we are working on also allowing the player to bring in the Restored Content endings into the realm of allowing a player a choice to keep it more the vanilla or the Restored content added choices to allow them to further reflect your game's play through in kotor2. (ex. the Atton verse Mical/ Visas verse Brianna scenes)

I hope this give you some idea on how we plan to show your choices play out in RoR in the area of character interactions.

MORE TO COME.....

Logan

logan23 are you going to talk to old party members (ex atton, canderous), or you will just see what hapend to them?

Yes, you will be talking/interacting with some of the kotor1/2 party members. And I know the next question...VOs.....and right now we have already found some people to do the voices of some of these former party members from the kotor1/2 games.

Logan

Yes, you will be talking/interacting with some of the kotor1/2 party members. And I know the next question...VOs.....and right now we have already found some people to do the voices of some of these former party members from the kotor1/2 games.

Logan

Isn't there some way to splice dialogue from kotor 1/2 for former party member's lines? If I remember correctly, someone's M4-78 reconstruction had Atton and HK-47 lines spliced and in the Jedi Masters mod, All of Bastila's lines were spliced.

Hey

RoR is not using spliced VOs from former NPCs/or party members,...We will be using actors who can imitate the original voice of the characters.

Splicing is time assuming and does not allow the freedom to create new dlg trees.

I hope this clears up any confusions:)

Archived