Home

[WIP] Chiss Head Pack

Inyri

People keep going 'lawl i r luv chiss' so I thought I might go ahead and make some Chiss head options while I was otherwise no busy with other projects. Right now I've just converted some of my old heads, but I can do more.

chiss1_sm.jpg chiss2_sm.jpg chiss3_sm.jpg chiss4_sm.jpg

chiss5_sm.jpg chiss6_sm.jpg chiss7_sm.jpg chiss8_sm.jpg

Doesn't Bandon have a bit of a crick in his neck when you try to add him as a player head? :lol:

I don't know for sure on that. I only ever tried once when I first started modding KotOR. I could do it if you just wanted Bandon as an enemy to be a Chiss.

I think that they are looking a little too purple, and not blue enough. I know that you're trying to maintain some translucency in the skin by not using a flat blue, and by varying the hue, but it seems that there is a bit too much magenta. While it looks like there is actually red blood flowing under the skin, it just doesn't look like a blue skinned Chiss. They certainly look more lively than other Chiss skins I've seen before (especially the first and second last ones).

The eyes look great with the slight highlight in the centre where the pupil would be. I originally thought that Chiss eyes reflected light, like a flash on a camera causes "red eye" (reflection off of the retina), but I've read on wookiepedia that Chiss eyes actually glow (brightness depends on how much oxygen is in the atmosphere). I only mention that because you have such fantastic attention to detail, and I think you would be able to pull off the glow where other modders might not.

Anyway, I look forward to the final results :).

I'm not a big fan of the comic-book-cyan style of Chiss. That's why they're a little purpler; this is the way I imagined them.

Fair enough. Hey, after all, humans have a wide variety of skin colours, so why should every Chiss be the exact same shade of azure blue? Maybe these ones come from a different region of the planet than all the comic book Chiss?

Bao-Dur/Darth Maul facial stripes or whatevery those are called.
Tattoos? I've never seen a tattooed Chiss before.

I may do some female heads, although I don't ever play KotOR as a female character (unless I want to hear Carth complain).

Please noble Jedis! Not in the faces!

Mediocre skins, at best. And just so I don't get flamed for not giving constructive criticism, try not to make the eyes look so dead. A little brighter red wouldn't hurt.

You gotta be kidding me, they're quality, and for the record what you said wasn't constructive criticism, but then I suppose you could do better given that your one of KotOR communities best modders and produced the first party recruitment mod with VO; oh wait wasn't that Inyri?

Relax, he's free to give his opinion. We don't need to get into 'you don't get to have an opinion because you haven't made mods' -- if there's one thing that irks me most it's that.

Of course the thing that irks me second most is people who come in and say 'lawl that suks u fail' in a WIP thread rather than giving constructive criticism. FYI, Banthas, the eyes will have an env map. Not that you bothered to ask about them before you started trolling.

Relax, he's free to give his opinion. We don't need to get into 'you don't get to have an opinion because you haven't made mods' -- if there's one thing that irks me most it's that.

Of course the thing that irks me second most is people who come in and say 'lawl that suks u fail' in a WIP thread rather than giving constructive criticism. FYI, Banthas, the eyes will have an env map. Not that you bothered to ask about them before you started trolling.

Sorry, its not that you shouldn't get to have an opinion because you haven't made mods; more that it will have taken you a long time to have done the various changes, and it takes no time to post a post that I would personally be most discouraged with if it was my wip.

Sorry to have irked you though. I hope I am forgiven :)

Edit: For the below off topic chater, I shall not really bother responding, read into that what ever you will.

Please noble Jedis! Not in the faces!

An ancient wise man once said, punishment comes to those who paint targets on their shirts. :)

Mediocre skins, at best.

And how, pray, would you do things, o great sage?

And just so I don't get flamed for not giving constructive criticism,

How about not acting like a grown-up, and being treated like one in turn?

Do come back when you feel like acting like homo sapiens. :)

Alas, I return to this thread to find I am attacked by others as I have attacked them. Karma is predictable, is it not? Yes, I was an ass. Yes, I apologize to Inyri for that. Considering it is a WIP, I'll just have to wait to see the finished skins to give an opinion.

jonathan7, can I ask you something? Have you ever in your entire life given your opinion to someone else about a movie you watched? Because the time you take to ask the question pales in comparison to the time it takes someone to make a full-length feature film, as I'm sure you know. That goes for music too. Does that invalidate your opinion? I'm not even discussing my earlier post now, I was just highly amused by what you said. And don't worry, I'm not looking to discourage anyone, as I am certain Inyri was not discouraged by my post. In fact, I believe she looked at it for what it was: a stupid post, worthy of being shrugged off. If I offended her in any way, she can simply say so, or PM me.

Darth InSidious, I apologize if you didn't think my Outcast reference was appropriate. Now, while I agree that I did paint a gigantic bullseye on my proverbial shirt with my post, I really don't think that the Outcast quote was the part that did that. Then again, we're all entitled to our opinions, aren't we?

P.S.: jonathan7, you have the most appropriate avatar I have ever encountered on this great web.

Archived