Home

RIP Charlton Heston

MdKnightR

Grim Reaper wore kevlar this time

lolz....c'mon... how long have we all been waiting to use that one!

Never agreed with his NRA antics, though Ben Hur is one of my all time faves....and one of the greatest cinematic achievements of all time

mtfbwya

Never agreed with his NRA antics, though Ben Hur is one of my all time faves....and one of the greatest cinematic achievements of all time

I think it's unfair how his time as president of the NRA has completely overshadowed the man's talent. I don't particularly agree with his beliefs either. And some of the things i've seen written about him in the last few days have been shocking.

for instance, I refer you to this discussion on the BBC: http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thread.jspa?forumID=4587&edition=1&ttl=20080407204911

and some examples -

Great actor but unfortunately a gun toting, bigoted idiot at the same time..[/Quote]

“I'm sorry, but Charlton Heston was an evil, biggoted racist... I'm glad he's dead… I hope it hurt. A lot.”[/Quote]

And some have even claimed he was directly responsible for the deaths of victims of gun crime, and that he deserves to go to hell. Now, I don't know much about US gun culture, but do you have to be a member of the NRA to own a gun?

And how many criminals in America who shoot people are members?

It's very easy to criticise and deride someone who can't defend themselves, and I feel it's incredibly disrespectful and cowardly to speak in such a manner about the recently deceased.

But, I think we can all agree, that the man had massive talent, and was a fine, fine actor.

It's only Kirk Douglas really left now :(

R.I.P. Charlton

I think it's unfair how his time as president of the NRA has completely overshadowed the man's talent. I don't particularly agree with his beliefs either. And some of the things i've seen written about him in the last few days have been shocking.

for instance, I refer you to this discussion on the BBC: http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thread.jspa?forumID=4587&edition=1&ttl=20080407204911

and some examples -

And some have even claimed he was directly responsible for the deaths of victims of gun crime, and that he deserves to go to hell. Now, I don't know much about US gun culture, but do you have to be a member of the NRA to own a gun?

And how many criminals in America who shoot people are members?

It's very easy to criticise and deride someone who can't defend themselves, and I feel it's incredibly disrespectful and cowardly to speak in such a manner about the recently deceased.

But, I think we can all agree, that the man had massive talent, and was a fine, fine actor.

It's only Kirk Douglas really left now :(

R.I.P. Charlton

You no more need to belong to the NRA to own a gun than have to be a member of the ACLU to be represented by a lawyer. The NRA is merely another special interest group that revolves around the issue of peoples' rights to own firearms in the US.

Have to wonder where they get racist. Recall seeing him kiss Whoppie Goldberg on air (on the mouth, no less) on one of her long forgotten by now tv shows.

I'm not sure where they get the rascist thing either - I remember reading he was a big supporter of civil rights back in the 60s.

But, reading more of that discussion has picked another, shocking comment:

Like many others I'm sure, I hereby volunteer to pry your guns from your cold-dead-hands Charleton Heston. If ever there was an occasion for a grave-dancing party this is it. This man sold himself as a representative for terror and slaughter that the gun nuts impose on the rest of us. May your soul find a resting place warmer than your grave; much warmer.[/Quote]

I wish I could dance on HIS grave. I'm certain it's jumped up little bleeding heart nobodies like that who are slowly destroying civilisation. Anyhoo, i'm beginning to ramble.

“I'm sorry, but Charlton Heston was an evil, biggoted racist... I'm glad he's dead… I hope it hurt. A lot.” [/Quote]Charlton Heston really looked like a biggoted racist while marching at this 1963 Civil Rights Rally.

220px-Poitier_Belafonte_Heston_Civil_Rights_March_1963.jpg

He seemed to believe everyone had the right to a gun, which would hardly make him a racist.

I wonder he they took his gun out of his “cold dead hands.”

Archived