Home

Expanded Jedi Council

"Nine companions. So be it. You shall be the fellowship of the ring."

After much work, I have successfully added more Jedi in the Jedi Council cutscene. Here is the result thereof.

======================================================

KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC II: THE SITH LORDS MODIFICATION

======================================================

AUTHOR: Ferc Kast (aka jcoolZombie)

NAME: Expanded Jedi Council

CREDITS: Lord2, for the original request; tk102, for his K-GFF tool; stoffe, for the TSLPatcher program; Holowan Labs, for its' helpful threads

FILENAME: k2-expanded-council.zip

FILE SIZE: 3,111 KB

DATE RELEASED: 04/09/2008

DESCRIPTION: This mod will add new Jedi to the Council Chamber during the Exile's trial. There will be a new surprise waiting when you activate your lightsaber. If you're using the Recruit Dustil mod, I suggest you install the regular version when you have to choose at the installation screen.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS: Double-click the .exe after extracting from the .zip file to install.

COMMENTS: I was gazing causally through the mod requests...and saw the request to add more Jedi to the Jedi Council. So, after lots of work, I am done.

BUGS: None that I'm aware of; However, if you find any, contact me on LucasForums or FileFront's forums. (My user Name is Ferc Kast on both forums.)

PERMISSIONS: This mod may not be used without the explicit permission of the author. This mod may not be distributed on other sites without the express permission of the author.

THIS MODIFICATION IS PROVIDED AS-IS AND IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT OR LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.

I installed, but the patcher would not modify my "appearance" or "heads" files:

"Warning: A file named appearance.2da already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file...

Warning: A file named heads.2da already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file...

Warning: No changes could be applied to GFF file 950cor.git."

I really like where you were going with this, but, somehow, the sullustan, wookie, weequay duros jedi take away from part of the immersion because they do not have jedi robes on. What about just having enough jedi to sit in the seats, not all round the the room?

I can fix the robe problam anybody can by editing the apperance 2da

I can fix the robe problam anybody can by editing the apperance 2da

Not with the Duros or Sullustan (or the Weequay, I think...I'd have to check to be sure). They use full-body models (i.e. the head isn't separate), so unless you edit the models, they'll look the same no matter what you do to the appearance.2da.

Good, but some criticism if I may..

* All seats are not filled, and as Darth_Raptura said. if the wookiee jedi cannot wear robes, then they should not be there.

* When the exile puts on the lightsaber, you hear other saber noises... but don't see anything... (I know this is a bit much to ask)

* The lightsabers are on all the time, they should be shut down after a while. because their sound is making far to much noise, you can barely hear the dialogs.

* There is a jedi who is standing and he looks like Vrook, not good.. Change him! (bald head, old.. shouldn't be to hard to spot)

But, besides that.. Great work!

@Zerimar Nyliram: The first two warnings should be fine. (That is when it's installing them into the override, not when it's modding the appearance.2da and heads.2da files. IIRC, that is.) The third warning I'm unsure about...What else did it say about 950COR.git? Though, I think that I may know what the problem is.

@Darth_Raptura: If you'd rather not have the other Jedi around the room, you could simply remove the .utc files that begin "knight_".

@Lord2:

* All the seats should be filled

* See what I said to Darth_Raptura

* Err...Did you not see the two guards behind you turn their sabers on?

* I told the lightsabers to turn off on Master Kavar's line after you leave the room. I, then, assume that the script, which should've turned them off, simply didn't fire correctly.

I'll try to fix all these problems with version 1.1; Thanks for all the feedback, though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I have a problem with your Mod Expanded Jedi Council, it wont work! It says Warning: No changes could be applied to GFF file 950cor.git.

Its clear the Mod is doing something wrong in the installtion.

OH AND SITH HOLOCRON SENT ME!

EID444

Edit:

@Zerimar Nyliram:The third warning I'm unsure about...What else did it say about 950COR.git? Though, I think that I may know what the problem is.

SAYS THIS Warning: No changes could be applied to GFF file 950cor.git.

Haven't installed this one before, but do you have administrator privaleges on your computer, EID444? Also, you may have Read-Only files blocked off from changes... you can change that by going into your swkotor2 folder, right-clicking, and uncheck the ROM files box.

• 1 year later...

Yes I do have administrator privaleges, Ok I tried to fix the files myself and I screwed up because I cant figure it out. The installtion just doesnt want to install the file and I cant do anything about it. Maybe its because Im not from the US or something but I doubt it, since every Mod I have installed has worked so far.

The TLK is different. This scene is a revamp, but is still primarily, from the vanilla game, and is for the US version. That means it uses StrRef's corresponding to the .TLK file, which probably has some difference besides the obvious. If there are differences in the Euro and US versions in the numbering, it will not work. I am not sure that is the case, but it seems a likely explanation. Sorry.

But.... did you do the right-clicky un-ticky on the Read-Only box for your swkotor2 folder, and apply changes? Then rinse and repeat for the modules folder if the changes did not apply to all the subfolders. This might be helpful....

Archived