Home

M4-78

Just had a playthrough. Great mod really, it was a pleasure to see Vash having her part in the story.

I just found a couple of bugs. In played the DS way, so after Kreia pointed out Vash's Niman form, I expected to learn that technique... Yet I did not get it. I'm not sure why, lrn_form.dlg is in my Override and the script to give the form should be fired by Kreia's second line. But it's not :/

Oh, and having killed Vash and persuaded M4-78 to provide me a Star Forge-like army, I open the door to go back to the Central Zone, and behind is... Darth Sion oO Though, he would not move nor talk, and his Tag was "Sith Lord" rather than "Darth Sion". He just stood there and did nothing.

Also, maybe no real bugs, but still things that bug me: when I was about to leave him, M4-78 mentionned "unidentified heat sources" or something, that I would find on my way back to the Ebon Hawk. Did not find anybody on my way (except the standing Darth Sion).

And Vash suddenly became a master of understatement when I asked her about Kaah. "He's a bit shaken by his experience", yeah, my lightsaber shook him so much he's dead.

Anyway, that's an awesome job you did. A bit messy about how the True Sith interfered, but that's one more brick restored in the fragile skyscraper TSL is.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just had a playthrough. Great mod really, it was a pleasure to see Vash having her part in the story.

I just found a couple of bugs. In played the DS way, so after Kreia pointed out Vash's Niman form, I expected to learn that technique... Yet I did not get it. I'm not sure why, lrn_form.dlg is in my Override and the script to give the form should be fired by Kreia's second line. But it's not :/

Oh, and having killed Vash and persuaded M4-78 to provide me a Star Forge-like army, I open the door to go back to the Central Zone, and behind is... Darth Sion oO Though, he would not move nor talk, and his Tag was "Sith Lord" rather than "Darth Sion". He just stood there and did nothing.

Also, maybe no real bugs, but still things that bug me: when I was about to leave him, M4-78 mentionned "unidentified heat sources" or something, that I would find on my way back to the Ebon Hawk. Did not find anybody on my way (except the standing Darth Sion).

And Vash suddenly became a master of understatement when I asked her about Kaah. "He's a bit shaken by his experience", yeah, my lightsaber shook him so much he's dead.

Anyway, that's an awesome job you did. A bit messy about how the True Sith interfered, but that's one more brick restored in the fragile skyscraper TSL is.

Thank you, Not sure what happened there,but Sion is supposed to "Kill" you. There are some issues with the lrnform.dlg with adding Vash so I need to remove her and make her independant of the main learn form script. Btw the whole "death" scene is being removed and the loose ends for some chatacters is also being redone as well as a storyline addition/update.

Alright, I had a look at your website and it looks like you're still working hard on this :) Would you rather have bugs reported on this website? 'Cause I've a new one ^^

When you first land on Malachor V, you've got that cutscene with Traya disposing of Sion's Assassins, then talking to Sion and stating that now she understands "why the Exile has done what he has done" or something like that.

During that cutscene, they're supposed to be alone IIRC. Yet I spotted one Sith Assassin standing next to Darth Sion - I believe that's the one you spawned in your cutscene when Sion is watching a holo of the Exile, and who has not been destroyed.

I think I've got a bug. Got this mod, started a new game, played all the way through and did Korriban last. Korriban was fine, got Vash's message about M4-78 and the USM saber and all. No problems.

But now that I'm on M4-78 proper, there seems to be something wrong. In the first area there's the many-armed droid who you can talk to about the planet and his design. His name is wierd, I think its in German (its BegruBungsdroide or something to that effect, with an accent on the U and a wierd second B). But the text is all English besides his name, so no real problem there.

The problem comes when I enter the first area (Central Zone). After going through the door, I get a journal entry that reads "LS-44 has informed you that due to radiation flooding the Central Zone you cannot enter. You were allowed to send a droid in to investigate." But... that never happened. I never talked to any droid about any radiation, the only droid I've even seen is the many-armed one and he said nothing about radiation or sending a droid. And my full party is there. Exile, Handmaiden, Bao Dur.

Having never played the mod I don't know what's supposed to happen. Whether the journal message is an error and I'm supposed to be able to enter the area with my party, or whether its correct and I was only supposed to send in a droid. The green gas coming out of the holes in the ground tells me its probably the later, but I don't know. Something's not right, though, one way or the other.

I've got saves at various points. One before going to M4-78, and one before Korriban (though I'd prefer not to do Korriban all over again). So hopefully I can clear the issue up without starting a new game.

I did have the Droid Planet mod installed at one point, though I never actually got around to playing it. Uninstalled it from my override, but I still see a few "remnants" of that mod (it added a console in the Mandalorian Cache that's still there, for example), and it did initially prevent installation of some of the files that go into the Modules folder for this mod, but I took the ones from the patcher data folder and overwrote them directly (I think I got all of them, maybe I missed one...). Don't know if that's a possible cause or not.

But now that I'm on M4-78 proper, there seems to be something wrong. In the first area there's the many-armed droid who you can talk to about the planet and his design. His name is wierd, I think its in German (its BegruBungsdroide or something to that effect, with an accent on the U and a wierd second B). But the text is all English besides his name, so no real problem there.

The problem comes when I enter the first area (Central Zone). After going through the door, I get a journal entry that reads "LS-44 has informed you that due to radiation flooding the Central Zone you cannot enter. You were allowed to send a droid in to investigate." But... that never happened. I never talked to any droid about any radiation, the only droid I've even seen is the many-armed one and he said nothing about radiation or sending a droid. And my full party is there. Exile, Handmaiden, Bao Dur.

I've got saves at various points. One before going to M4-78, and one before Korriban (though I'd prefer not to do Korriban all over again). So hopefully I can clear the issue up without starting a new game.

I did have the Droid Planet mod installed at one point, though I never actually got around to playing it. Uninstalled it from my override, but I still see a few "remnants" of that mod (it added a console in the Mandalorian Cache that's still there, for example), and it did initially prevent installation of some of the files that go into the Modules folder for this mod, but I took the ones from the patcher data folder and overwrote them directly (I think I got all of them, maybe I missed one...). Don't know if that's a possible cause or not.

Yes that's what's wrong, there are still remnants of "the droid planet mod" in your override also if there are any old .mod files in your module folder from the other mod. You can redo an installation and use your save after Korr should be fine. The biggest thing is the globals from the begining.

when i go into the archon core i can get i2 s4 or whatever his name is to talk to me but after he asks what is your request my game crashes

I have heard of this, not sure what causes it though. I've not been able to duplicate it. Try removing placeables.2da from your override which will remove the archons. Maybe its a graphics issue?

Same exact thing happened to me. I took the lazy route and just moved all the files in my override folder somewhere else and reinstalled the mod. Fixed it for me, so I'm guessing there was a mod conflict somewhere.

I played the mod over, and it's totally awesome!!

Truly wonderful work, Darth Stoney! Can't wait for your next mod :xp:

Definately adds a ton to the game. I found it quite unsatisfying that you couldn't talk to Vash ever and just find her dead corpse on Korriban.

I needed the pleasure of taking out my revenge :saberr:.

Permanent addition to my override folder for as long as I have this game installed.

Finished this a few days ago and forgot to give you my feedback. Oops.

Great mod, for starters. I'm a huge droid fan, and seeing all the different types of droids was cool. Especially the quadraped ones with guns on their backs.

I didn't mind the voices too much. I could tell they weren't original TSL voices, but they weren't terrible. Improvement is always wanted, but they work well enough.

2 big suggestions for things that really bugged me. First, the droid in the central area. That whole puzzle thing makes no sense. If the generators power the functions as the memory core says, then you should have to turn them ON, not off. Also, there's no way to tell which is which, it doesn't tell you which corner is a certain number, so you just have to guess. And do the ones other than the one that solves the puzzle (aka the weapons and such) actually DO anything, or are they just there for show?

Second, loot. I notice there was a lot of "static" loot. Which is fine, you gave some droid stuff that is unavailable in the game, and thats great. But most of those containers have way too much in them. Many of them have 8 or so items in them, and that's a big difference from the main game, where most usually have 4 or less. Might want to either split the containers up, or just lower the amount a bit. One particular container that really got me was the lightsaber locker in the core. Way too many items, and too many really good ones (though that may have been because I did the planet last so I was high level). 1 lightsaber, and 1-3 crystals. No more than that. They're droids, its a bit odd that they have lightsaber parts at all, but they definately shouldn't have as many as are in there now.

On the same line, I noticed that a whole bunch of the droids in the Environmental Area (especially getting close to the end) had Thermal Detonators. Always 4 of them, so I assume you put them there specifically, and it wasn't just chance. By the end of the planet I'd gathered almost 50 of the things. Since they're the best grenade and usually very expensive to make or buy, not to mention rare, they really need to be toned down. I don't know if you meant for them to be looted, or if they were supposed to be used by the droids against you. Might look at that, though.

One other minor issue is the trigger for talking to the archons. Rather than have it be an invisible trigger area (which often goes off again as you try to leave), maybe you should look at something like the Mandalorian on Dxun that's trapped on the ridge. Not sure how that works, but it seems like a visible talking trigger you can click would be better than how it is now, so it wouldn't trigger so much when you try to leave or walk around.

Overall, though, I really enjoyed it. The scenery was great, and the story was pretty cool. Didn't really understand the Twi'lek girl by the huge mass of droids, though.

I'm glad you're going to remove the death scene. Its kinda wierd, especially since once you get back to the Ebon Hawk everyone acts as if nothing happened. Doesn't really make sense that Vash would get by Sion unharmed if you don't fight her yourself, either.

And I can confirm the problem with the extra Assassin during the Kreia arrival on Malachor scene. Just stands there off to the side as it happens.

Yes the whole Central droid issue is being redone the power sation puzzle is going to be used but will make sense this time. The loot wil be toned down I tried to put in some of the items that aren't found in game normally but there is quite a bit and they are slightly overpowered. The Twilek girl is also going away, she was just left over dialog found in the .tlk file have someone/something else planned for that area.

On the issue of the Archon's, would it be better to have a computer panel to interact with to trigger the conv?

I will recheck the script for the left over assassin.thanks

A computer console could work if you can't get something like the Mandalorian on the ridge to work, yah. I just don't like the automatic invisible trigger. Sometimes its hard to get to work at all, other times it goes off every time you move. It's just akward.

A computer console could work if you can't get something like the Mandalorian on the ridge to work, yah. I just don't like the automatic invisible trigger. Sometimes its hard to get to work at all, other times it goes off every time you move. It's just akward.

Not if you make the trigger big enough. And if you put a conditional on it, it won't trigger more than once. Set a global once you step on the trigger, and once the global has been triggered, it wont happen again.

Ok, having a problem... I shut down the radiation tanks, but I can't go thru the next set of doors, it tells me that can't open till radiation levels drop. When I go back top main entrance, I don't get the radiation message, rather just that the doors need to be opened elsewhere.

Help.

Ok, having a problem... I shut down the radiation tanks, but I can't go thru the next set of doors, it tells me that can't open till radiation levels drop. When I go back top main entrance, I don't get the radiation message, rather just that the doors need to be opened elsewhere.

Did you go to the central zone and reset the Air Quality control?

The Sion/Nihilus scene is scene is being removed right? Since we aren't killing the exile on M4-78, I need to use that scene in conjunction with my reworked GenoHaraden stuff.

Yes,feel free to use it. I don't see anyway to use it in the current M4-78 storyline being implamented ,it just wouldn't make sense. Sion will be taking care of some others on M4-78.

• 3 weeks later...

Great stuff, DSTONEY. :thumbsup: I always love restored content for TSL.

I'm having a slight problem, though, that I haven't seen mentioned here, and I was hoping you could help me find a solution. (I have several other mods installed, so that's probably the root of the problem.) After talking to IS-24, I'm supposed to go to the environmental area to find ES-05. However, I can't shut down the containment field in the central area because I can't find the code to unlock it on the command console. I've looked everywhere that I can think of, but still can't find it.

Something else I feel might be connected: as I'm passing through the sealed chambers in the industrial area, I encounter a character called Tourath. But I can't see him, only his name. If I walk too close to him or attempt to talk to him, the game crashes. However, if I avoid him by walking around the edge of the room, I can proceed safely. Does he somehow provide me with the code for the containment field?

Again, I have a number of mods installed (though mostly tweaks and fixes), so that's probably creating the issue. I'm just asking if there's a way to fix the problem short of reloading my override and starting a whole new game. :(

Archived