Home

For Senior, abortion a medium for art

Jvstice

Still, she's clearly a sick woman who needs a good beating, preferably administered with a baseball bat.
Corinthian, I’m shocked, are you condoning a very late term abortion? :D

I hate this type of art form. I’d say she got the desired effect by making Fox News and The Washington Post. Hope she receives an A.

But the fact you're against abortion in some form or another means you've placed an intrinsic value upon human life... how does the method of its conception change said value?

I place value on human life; and my own stance on abortion (and those of the Christian faith) is different to those who are not Christians. Purely because I do not expect non-Christians to behave as Christians. And in the UK, where less than 5% of the population are religious I fail to see why they should follow religious laws they do not believe in.

By calling those abortions 'murder' you've assumed the fetuses in question are people. That raises a number of questions; what made said fetuses people at all, and how was your friend's abortion justified when compared to this case? (See my above paragraph in the case that question seemed impertinent.)

In answer;

it's likly he draws a distinction between murder and abortion due to the motive. Much like real murder and self defense.

Meaning there must be some value in this stage of human life to take value from...

Aye, but we have different world views ;)

If you both consent to it, sure. Though good luck getting the people who view the photograph to believe you were.

In my example I didnt have the consent of the other hypothetical person, however I'm still calling it art, and I'm not guilty of murder as I'm being artistic and aiming to provoke thought.

I realise we are straying into the realsm of 'when life begins' and given there are other abortion threads, we should perhaps skirt that issue?

Well, I'm relieved that she wasn't monstrous enough to actually do it. I'd complain about her trivializing infanticide, but frankly, it's been trivialized enough as is, so it doesn't really matter. Still, she's clearly a sick woman who needs a good beating, preferably administered with a baseball bat.

Eh? I do hope your joking, otherwise how on earth, does responding in that way teach her she's wrong? Responding to idocy/violoance (depending how you classify it) with violence, seems a silly attitude to take. Its about as logical as killing someone who has murdered another (again another debate for elsehwere).

I'm glad this was a hoax, and it does spin it into another light; which I think can be classified as art.

Still, if this is what passes for art, the art world is a sick and twisted place.

It's my opinion that the art world has been in trouble ever since splatter art started passing for art. But still, like religion, this person represents a very very small faction of "artists".

Hey, the project doesn't sound all-bad to me. It defied the social norm, inspired emotion, was extremely original... apart from how unpleasant it would probably be to view, it definitely fits my criterion for art.

Hmm--deliberately getting oneself pregnant with the intention to abort in violation of all sorts of ethics and good medical sense. Sure, you feel free to call it 'art'. I'll continue to call it psychotic.

Any professors approving this art project were completely and utterly irresponsible. This girl could have hemorrhaged or made herself seriously ill or even died using herbal remedies as abortifacients, and allowing her to put herself at physical risk along with any theoretical babies in the name of some half-witted 'art' project was foolish, unethical, selfish, and idiotic. They failed in their responsibility as professor(s) to this girl, and they should be fired if they knew about this project and allowed it to go forward.

Yale said it's a hoax. The girl later came out and said it wasn't a hoax and that Yale's just trying to cover it's butt.

Hmm--deliberately getting oneself pregnant with the intention to abort in violation of all sorts of ethics and good medical sense. Sure, you feel free to call it 'art'. I'll continue to call it psychotic.

Any professors approving this art project were completely and utterly irresponsible. This girl could have hemorrhaged or made herself seriously ill or even died using herbal remedies as abortifacients, and allowing her to put herself at physical risk along with any theoretical babies in the name of some half-witted 'art' project was foolish, unethical, selfish, and idiotic. They failed in their responsibility as professor(s) to this girl, and they should be fired if they knew about this project and allowed it to go forward.

Yale said it's a hoax. The girl later came out and said it wasn't a hoax and that Yale's just trying to cover it's butt.

It has gotten to the point unfortunately where things like that can pass for art, now it doesn't mean that it isn't morally reprehensible, but it is something to think about, I mean what is art, can it be subjective and should it be? of course the operative word in my opinion when somebody debates whether something can be considered art is relativism but you can take that to the bank.

Archived