Home

THE Minigun Mod

Hello folks! This is a teaser for URM, and a message of what's to come. I've taken item editing to a new level, with animations, new ammo, and new damage types. This mod will add a minigun to your KotOR game, but since this is just the teaser, you'll have to cheat. It's worth quite a few credits too, and upgradeable. Here's the link, and I'll post screenshots in a few minutes.

Link

screenshot_minigun02-1.jpg

screenshot_minigun01-1.jpg

screenshot_minigun03.jpg

This is perfect.

i've downloaded the mod and intend to give it a try as soon as i can.

Got a question though, is there a way to make the mini-gun replace the model of the heavy repeater(like the one canderous has when you first run into him)?

I won't download, it is not my style. But I'd surely download it if you made it more Star War-ish.

This minigun has got a bit of a Mark II medium repeating blaster cannon or E-Web heavy repeating blaster look to it (only smaller and hand-held).

I'll probably add a few parts for HK-47's and Canderous' that will make it look more Star War-ish, but this is just the teaser.

Maybe with a few tweaks it'll fit right in.

It's modelled after an American M134 A2 Vulcan minigun.

I was just trying to point out that it doesn't look as out of place in the Star Wars Galaxy as some other people might think. In fact, the SWG even has a lot of "slug throwers", so it doesn't even need to fire energy blasts in order to make sense. I read somewhere that Zam Wesell prefers projectile rifles for assasinations at night because blaster bolts glow in the dark.

I think that the level of detail that you've put into this is outstanding, as shown in your WIP wireframe screenshots. Keep it up :thumbsup:

It is true that slug throwers are more common in SWG than one would think.

Even Aurra Sing, the ex-jedi bounty hunter/assasin used a slug trower rifle.

It seems that there are more slug-throwers than we thought. They are mentioned and used in Republic Commando, and judging by the different species, technology levels of Star Wars vary a lot, for instance, Ewoks use bows and arrows... And KotOR has metal swords, and a metal bullet should peirce an energy shield.

But, we need to get back on topic.

Off topic: Arcesious, you do know that a mini-gun would over whelm any portable shield in Kotor in 2 seconds or less. (Or there about.)

On Topic: SS, this mod has a permanent place in my override regardles.

How will the guns in URM be aquired ingame though?

Just an FYI to people that think a 6-Barreled Mini-Gun isn't Star Wars-ish.

In the early days mentions of things like slug-throwers are quite prevalent in the resources available on the Star Wars universe, this has only expanded in recent years.

Also the Action Figures the Hunt For Grevious Battle Pack clearly has a Clone Trooper with a Mini-Gun (Called a Repeating Blaster). Image1 | Image2. (Not great pics but it is there)

Archived