Home

No 'Force Unleashed' Multiplayer on PS3/360

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a 360 and a Wii, still up in the air about which version to get - but no MP just blows. I have been wanting another Star Wars MP game since the Jedi Knight days, but we'll just have to keep waiting I suppose.

LucasArts had such a huge opportunity to take a page out of other great multiplayer designs and make it their own with all the various types of multiplayer out there. In doing this, there is really no legitimate basis for people to say they are catering to all gamers, which is what they should be striving for. For a lot of gamers even today, some of the best moments they ever had were playing JK multiplayer on the Zone. What the hell is so tough about taking the time and creating a game that not only has a rich and creative storyline that draws you in, but also have a stellar multiplayer option for those who want to take the game beyond just the single player?

The sad part of all this is that gamers used to be able to look to LucasArts as the savior of gaming, that whatever they put out was guaranteed to be innovative and gold. Now they are one huge disappointment, and I don't know what or who is responsible for that change, but it will cost them in their fanbase.

TFU has every possibility to be a great single-player game, but it could easily turn out to be an advanced suped up version of Episode III the video game.

• 5 weeks later...

its simply,they just want people to buy every console,the ps3 and the 360 are best in graphics and quailty so they add no multiplayer,no dueling mode and no extra levels because if it had them nobody would bother buying the other platforms TFU.

the Wii gets duel mode so lots of people will buy it because of multiplayer and the extra levels

the ps2 gets jedi trials and extra levels

the other weaker platforms also get bonus'

but because the next gen consoles are far better then the others it gets no bonus' at all which i think is just bu***** their the most expensive so you should get more out of it anyway.

its simply,they just want people to buy every console,the ps3 and the 360 are best in graphics and quailty so they add no multiplayer,no dueling mode and no extra levels because if it had them nobody would bother buying the other platforms TFU.

the Wii gets duel mode so lots of people will buy it because of multiplayer and the extra levels

the ps2 gets jedi trials and extra levels

the other weaker platforms also get bonus'

but because the next gen consoles are far better then the others it gets no bonus' at all which i think is just bu***** their the most expensive so you should get more out of it anyway.

I agree hk, Lucas Arts knows what they're doing. They want people to go out and buy the Wii version for the motion controls, 5 extra levels, and duel mode and to also own the PS3 or 360 version for the unique graphics and physic systems.

I also read, that many of the levels on the Wii have designed uniquely so that they are a bit different than the PS3 and 360 versions. At Comic Con, one person that demo'd the Wii version, said that one of the Lucas Arts representatives working the booth told him that the Wii version was a entirely different gaming experience from that of the 360 and PS3 versions.

I agree hk, Lucas Arts knows what they're doing. They want people to go out and buy the Wii version for the motion controls, 5 extra levels, and duel mode and to also own the PS3 or 360 version for the unique graphics and physic systems.

Meh, they want people to go out and buy it on multiple consoles so they get more money. They don't really care as much if one system offers something another system doesn't. If utilizing a system's abilities is the way to get more sales, then that's how they'll do it.

I also read, that many of the levels on the Wii have designed uniquely so that they are a bit different than the PS3 and 360 versions. At Comic Con, one person that demo'd the Wii version, said that one of the Lucas Arts representatives working the booth told him that the Wii version was a entirely different gaming experience from that of the 360 and PS3 versions.

I highly doubt the Wii levels have been designed to be very different from the 360 and PS3. Maybe different ways to get to objectives, or slightly altered areas, but that's it I bet. Did that rep. from LA say the different gaming experience is because of level design? If not, he probably just meant the ability to use the Wiimote as a "different" experience.

Meh, they want people to go out and buy it on multiple consoles so they get more money. They don't really care as much if one system offers something another system doesn't. If utilizing a system's abilities is the way to get more sales, then that's how they'll do it.

You basically just agreed with my statement. They offer a different gaming experience for each system, so consumers will buy the game on multiple consoles. If every system has the same capability and same thing to offer, it would be pointless to buy it on multiple consoles. You regurgitated exactly my theory.

I highly doubt the Wii levels have been designed to be very different from the 360 and PS3. Maybe different ways to get to objectives, or slightly altered areas, but that's it I bet. Did that rep. from LA say the different gaming experience is because of level design? If not, he probably just meant the ability to use the Wiimote as a "different" experience.

The only thing that Krome Studios received from LA was the character designs and story plot. Granted, I'm sure all levels will be relative on the Wii vs. the PS3, 360 but from what I read from a poster who went to Comic Con, he said that the representative told him that the levels have some of their own unique distinction on the Wii compared to the PS3, 360 versions.

Archived