Home

What the heck is wrong here???

Arcesious

I defrag the hard drive reguarly... But... How do you defrag RAM? I've never heard of that being done before...

Edit: Limewire and keyloggers? I don't think it's that serious... I haven't gone to limewire for a long time... Last time I went was before a massive computer crash where I had to wipe my entire hard drive and reinstall all the windows programming.

Edit 2: Didn't find anything using both a keylogging and a spyware detecting program... Except for something I'm fully aware of, a parental internet filter called Bsafe... :lol: It thought that all of the files for Bsafe were a spyware virus.

A don't think that fragmented RAM would cause a problem so drastic and so rapidly.

I'm not sure what the problem could be since you seem to be unreceptive to the idea that it has to do with graphics.

It might be good to have this moved to the tech support forum. You might get some help from others there, since it is a support issue.

_EW_

For some wierd reason, whenever I run the game, the taskmanager from cntr +alt + del says I have 90-100% CPU usage... And I have 1024 total Ram. And all (the total of) of the running programs are only taking up a fraction (Like 1/5) of the total available RAM. That's crazy. TSL is only taking up about 1/8 of that alone. Avast isn't taking up much either... No other programs seem to be taking a lot of memory...[/Quote]

Alright.... The RAM is the total of your Onboard GPU and then the Sticks you have in your MoBo.

Your CPU is being used around 100%, that's about normal for games... I think.

I'd suggest removing or disabling Avast and disconnecting from the internet before totally discounting that theory... but that's just me.

I do know that I have an Asus 6200/6400 with the same amount of Onboard and 1GB of MoBo RAM and it lagged a little for me too. Try messing with your Graphics Quality and such...

And, yeah, this sounds more and more like a Tech Support problem than a Mod problem.

I have a new problem...

I'm trying to uninstall it, and I'm getting this error:

RUNDLL

Error loading

C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Instal~1\Profes~1\RunTime\10\00\Intel32\Ctor.dll

The specified module could not be found.

What's wrong? Please help...

Edit: I reasearched a bit... It sounds serious... Apparently I've got a huge Rundll problem... It has something to do with windows registery... I used 'Regsweep', and it found 908 problems... However, to fix the problems I've got to pay a bunch of money I don't want to waste... I hate this stupid, old, 2002 computer of crappiness... :(

^: Arcesious, I have a similar graphic system setup similar to yours, and I have a similar problem with lagging. I even uninstalled it and got the same error message you got. Maybe it's possible that TSL does not agree with the Nvidia 6200 graphics card. And I am absolutely sure it is not the mods. I haven't installed any since i upgraded my graphics card, and the game lags.

*shrugs*

Well, I used a program called Regsweep, and the regcure, which looked fairly legitimate, and Regcure now picked up 1283 problems...

What would you suggest I do? Should I buy it to fix the problems (30$) or should I try to fix it manually...? Either way, I think if I try to fix it manually, I'll probably seriously mess up the computer... But I don't have much moeny on hand at the moment, what with trying to save 150$ to buy a 300 GB external harddrive... Has anyone here had any experience with RUNDLL errors? And could this be moved to the tech support forum?

Well, I don't know how legit Regsweep is (I've never heard of/used it), and 1283 problems is quite extreme, but maybe there are that much, who knows? Regardless, its obviously not a mod problem, but either a graphic card/hard drive problem. It seems that RUNDLL problems are linked to the DLL file. Has the DLL file been corrupted/removed from the TSL directory?

Well, I don't know how legit Regsweep is (I've never heard of/used it), and 1283 problems is quite extreme, but maybe there are that much, who knows? Regardless, its obviously not a mod problem, but either a graphic card/hard drive problem. It seems that RUNDLL problems are linked to the DLL file. Has the DLL file been corrupted/removed from the TSL directory?

...do you not realize how many dll's it could be? There is more than one... plus we don't know if it's a TSL error or a DirectX one or another altogether.

_EW_

Linky!

This, Advanced Windows Care V2 Personal is also free and I really like it. However, in order to run it on a computer you have to have Admin privilages since it can do a fix on your registry.

And, like Jonathan said, you can just fix it with your Windows Installation Disk (Provided you actually built your system instead of buying it off a website).

Hmm... Well, my uncle came over and looked at it. It wasn't a problem with the game. It was a problem with the InstallShield program for the game. One of the .dlls is missing in it, ctor.dll, but now, the game is running fine. I can't uninstall the game, but the problem of lag seems to have worked itself out on it's own... I have XP, and yes, I would love to have a new computer, but I certianly don't have enough money for that or even to buy an external harddrive yet. It isn't enough to get one of those fancy supercomputers... :(:p

Archived