Home

Modding

Now after reading some tutorials I am a bit confused if I want to put some TSL mods onto the Xbox do I just need an ethernet wire and the FTP program? Also has anyone found a way to burn extra files onto the game DVD and mod that way? If all you need isnt just an ethernet wire and FTP can I have a list of anything that I cant download that is needed to put mods onto the Xbox? For example games.

While modding Pc games is legal, I'm not sure about modding console games. If Xbox Live catches you with modded content, it could "brick" your console.

I think the Xbox has only been designed to search for modded firmware on the console itself...not the games themselves.

Ok I watched a very good video on how to soft mod the Original Xbox now I have a question about a couple of mods, Does Shem's Super Enhanced Mod work for either K1 or TSL same for his Super Enhanced Sound mod I think its called. Now heres the last mod, I have read that new modules, locations almost always never work what about Exar Kun's Tomb? That mod doesnt use any new models, doesnt involve the Planet/Galaxy Map or anything and only adds and reskins a few items (Exar Kun's Robe, Exar Kun's Armor, etc.)

The only mods that I've done for the original Xbox have been hard-mods, as in modding the hardware, and not tampering with the firmware. I've added a ATA-100 replacing the sluggish ATA33 data transfer cable, which significantly speeds up loading. I've also increased the voltage on my fan to 12V, thus making it run faster and keeping my Box cooler. I've added a heatsink to the GPU to prevent overheating. As for soft-mods, good luck trying it. I've NEVER added a modchip, mainly due to the fact I don't want to seriously screw up my system, but if you really want to try mods in any of the KotORs, good luck.

• 1 month later...

Archived