Home

Summer Olympics 2008

Jae Onasi

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We have been jipped!! Sacramone should have won the silver on vault, the judges gave Cheng Fei a higher score even though she landed on here knees and she did not execute the vault completely (trust me my mom is a gymnast), then they gave the girl from North Korea a better score even though she had 2 feet out of bounds then on (her second vault) 1 foot out of bounds and a little step. Sacramone a just a big of a step as the women from Germany who did a little bit better then Sacramone.

1) Welcome to the world of the new scoring system gymnastics fans, now suck it.

2) I don't get why everyone likes Sacramone so much. She's no way a clutch teammate like Liukin or Johnson are. As a matter a fact, and I don't mean to be rough on her, but if she didn't screw up twice, US'd have all around gold.

Damn did you see the Cuban attack the ref in a Taekwondo match? Basically the Cuban, Angel Valodia Matos, lost his cool when he took too much injury time - thus being disqualified and losing his bout. Not liking this he kicked an official and punched another then stormed off. In strict WTF regulations, the injury time of a fighter is 1 minute and 1 minute only. This is totally unprofessional, having studied and practiced Taekwondo myself actions like this destroy the spirit of the art, and understandably the WTF have banned Angel and his coach from ever competing in a WTF sponsored event ever again; aswell as permantly wiping all records of Angel competing in Beijing 2008. The sad thing is, Angel won gold in Taekwondo in Sydney 2000 - quite the comedown. A seasoned fighter really should have more self-control, as Taekwondo itself teaches.

See the video here.

Archived