Home

Anyone else excited for the new Clone Wars movie?

Negative Sun

I too found the music unfitting. The main theme wasn't too bad; it was fitting in that it sounds like it's from a Saturday morning sci-fi show from the 70s, which is probably what they were going for, but everything else was...bleh.

But what annoyed me the most--and this is going to sound completely idiotic--is that the R4 unit on Obi-wan's ship is smack dab in the middle of the thing, right in front of the cockpit. How are you supposed to see where you're going when there's a red garbage can in the middle of your windshield? No wonder Obi-wan is such a terrible pilot.

Oh, and then there's Ziro and the red girl. And the animation. ;P

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those out there being all moody and whiny about it here's 2 things:

- Shut up!

Thanks, that's real mature. =P

- Like GL needs to do anything for the money these days, he just wants to keep his franchise alive for a new generation, understandable sincs Ep III was so dark and more mature than the other prequels.

100% agreed... The whole movie thing is fine with me, and I love hearing little kids say I love Star Wars, I'll just pass on the new SW flick. ;-)

And come on, if this is for "kiddies" I'd take this over Jar Jar Binks any day...this is much much better than some of the stuff that goes on in the prequels.

Also agreed, however I do like Jar Jar. I think he adds needed comic relief... (and yes, bash me all you want... I like Jar Jar. =D)

Wow. I'm not sure what all the negative pub is about. It's a pretty decent flick and should make for a good TV show.

I can see how some of the kiddie friendly elements might annoy some(Ziro, Ahsoka, inane driod banter), but some reviews are pretty extreme in killing this movie. :giveup:

The battles were awesome. It's definitely worth checking out the clones in action. I even liked Ahsoka(Prime, I'm in your demographic). I thought she showed enough vulnerability to balance out the wise-cracks and make her endearing. She reminded me of Mission Vao.

Funny, in my books, reminding me of Mission is enough to turn me into a frothing, seething mass of hatred and murder.

Yeah, I know she's not everyone's favorite but she's OK in my book.

A lot of people around here seem to prefer the "graphic novel/dark knightish" version of Star Wars as opposed to the fantasy/adventure of the movies. This is probably not the movie for them but they should at least check it out for the battles once it's on cable.

Archived