Home

People Are Not Getting the Picture...

I have been reading many posts and threads about people complaining that there are no detatchable limbs, lame force animations, simple lightsabering, and probably others. People need to realize that this is the first next-gen Star Wars game (Lego Star Wars doesn't count).

If anyone has played more of the popular next-gen games that were previously on the prior generation are "dumbed" down. Meaning easier to play, easier to pick up, and easier to get through. A perfect example is ES4: Oblivion, it's a great game but compared to its predecessor Morrowind it's childsplay. Since everything is getting more and more expensive and because games are becoming more and more casual, developers are making them easier to pick up and play and make it to a wide audience including younger kids.

Parents who care about what their kids play wouldn't buy them a game that lets you hack off body parts even if it was Star Wars (like I said if they cared). Even though it puts us the older crowd at a disadvantage but in the end it gives the developers more sales because it can be purchased by a wider audience. But still most of us are going to buy the game even if it doesn't have everything that we desired, developers just implement things that will help them create the greatest sales.

I have been reading many posts and threads about people complaining that there are no detatchable limbs, lame force animations, simple lightsabering, and probably others.

We've only seen the demo, so all the real cool powers and lightsaber moves we won't get a chance to play with until the game comes out in stores. The detachable limbs is obviously something that's not coming, so people need to stop crying about it.

People need to realize that this is the first next-gen Star Wars game

I'm sure people will make the counter-argument "that's no excuse" or something similar here. I think what people really need to realize is that Jedi Knight and The Force Unleashed are completely different games.

(Lego Star Wars doesn't count)

That's arguable. :lol:

I have been reading many posts and threads about people complaining that there are no detatchable limbs, lame force animations, simple lightsabering, and probably others. People need to realize that this is the first next-gen Star Wars game (Lego Star Wars doesn't count).

If anyone has played more of the popular next-gen games that were previously on the prior generation are "dumbed" down. Meaning easier to play, easier to pick up, and easier to get through. A perfect example is ES4: Oblivion, it's a great game but compared to its predecessor Morrowind it's childsplay. Since everything is getting more and more expensive and because games are becoming more and more casual, developers are making them easier to pick up and play and make it to a wide audience including younger kids.

Parents who care about what their kids play wouldn't buy them a game that lets you hack off body parts even if it was Star Wars (like I said if they cared). Even though it puts us the older crowd at a disadvantage but in the end it gives the developers more sales because it can be purchased by a wider audience. But still most of us are going to buy the game even if it doesn't have everything that we desired, developers just implement things that will help them create the greatest sales.

easier compare to what ?? You dont mean compare to jedi knight ? I hope not because TFU has nothing to do with jedi knight ,plus try the TFU demo at sith lord and see if that easy and dont forget that sith lord difficulty aren't the harder there another difficulty hidden.

I compare TFU to God of War , try god of war 1 and 2 at God mode difficulty.

Because its the same kind of gameplay .

correct, you had to go into the game and enable 'realisticsabercombat' or something. Although it wa sin the game, it's not meant to be active when you play (just like the Hot Coffee stuff from GTA).

It's called the Force Unleashed, not the Saber Unleashed. Reading is an undervalued skills for most people it seems. :)

I don't get it,i really don't.

if you enjoy the game as is,that's fine,but some people(including me)can't live with the unrealistic saber,i don't get why people would defend a "flaw" in the game.

and btw just because the name of the game is the force unleashed,doesn't mean the force powers should great the rest of the gameplay should be crap,that's just stupid(no offense meant)

the op is right,games nowadays are being dumbed down for a bigger audience,but i don't have to like it.

tired of god of war anyway,no need for a star wars version of it

I really don't get this...hacking limbs off in games is quite...disgusting. I'm no pacifist by any means, but the likes of soldier of fortune was awful. Also, no game is going to have 'realistic' dismemberment. Not even Rockstar could defend that.

Lack of dismemberment didn't ruin KotOR...it didn't ruin Battlefront...it won't ruin TFU. Blood and gore does not necessarily make a game good. I for one didn't rate the Star Wars movies on how many limbs were lost...I rated it on the story. I rate the games on the story, the graphics, and general gameplay.

It's called the Force Unleashed, not the Saber Unleashed. Reading is an undervalued skills for most people it seems.

So because the lightsaber isn't the focus of the game, the lightsaber should not behave properly? This isn't rocket science - a lightsaber cuts **** up, and that's all there is to it.

Blood and gore does not necessarily make a game good.

Lightsaber dismemberment is not related to blood or gore.

Lack of dismemberment didn't ruin KotOR...it didn't ruin Battlefront...it won't ruin TFU.

Nobody said that it would ruin TFU. They only said that having no lightsaber cuts at all hurts the immersion.

a one hit kill weapon vs a weapon that has to hit 3 times to kill an oponent(and behaves like a baseball bat)pretty much affects gameplay

did you like the star wars movies?

if you did like it what's the difference,between luke's hand being chopped off,and someone in a game getting his hand chopped?

So because the lightsaber isn't the focus of the game, the lightsaber should not behave properly? This isn't rocket science - a lightsaber cuts **** up, and that's all there is to it.

No, that's not all there is to it. The Force is the complete and total focus of this game, not some realistic saber mechanics. That means they're not gonna give a damn who thinks it sucks or not. There will be no love lost if they don't get your money.

a one hit kill weapon vs a weapon that has to hit 3 times to kill an oponent(and behaves like a baseball bat)pretty much affects gameplay

Not really, since this is a game, not real life. Go back and complain about every other Star Wars game made in history that had lightsabers that didn't kill in one swing.

I did, very much.

if you did like it what's the difference,between luke's hand being chopped off,and someone in a game getting his hand chopped?

This is a game, not special effects in a movie, it's not gonna kill you if there's no disememberment. Get over it.

if you enjoy the game as is,that's fine,but some people(including me)can't live with the unrealistic saber,i don't get why people would defend a "flaw" in the game.

Flaw to you, maybe. It's just a damn game, and there are billions of unrealistic things in games.

and btw just because the name of the game is the force unleashed,doesn't mean the force powers should great the rest of the gameplay should be crap,that's just stupid(no offense meant)

Sorry, this argument is not valid, as the development team has stated that their philosophy is "kicking ass with the Force". The gameplay may be crap to you, but I'm thoroughly enjoying the demo quite often.

the op is right,games nowadays are being dumbed down for a bigger audience,but i don't have to like it.

You also don't have to complain about it either. Or is that going to accomplish something?

If you people don't like it, don't buy the freakin' game. Others will enjoy it for what it is, "and that's all there is to it".

On the default difficulty setting, stormtroopers take one swing of your saber and they die, so i dont know what you are on about with the 'baseball bat' comment. Try it, swing once with your saber on a stormy and he will die (the health bar just drains slowly).

Kotas men take a little more beating, but to me that's ok because i dont want everything in the game to be one hit. Hell, do you want bosses to be one hit with the saber also? Just cut them in half? I mean it would be realistic but too easy and boring.

I get what you mean about dismemberment and its a little disappointing for me also, but i hardly notice it when im destroying everything in my path.

Sorry, this argument is not valid, as the development team has stated that their philosophy is "kicking ass with the Force". The gameplay may be crap to you, but I'm thoroughly enjoying the demo quite often.

this isn't an argument,it's just a very stupid thing,somehow i doubt developers way around a game should be "let's do the force powers and f... everithing else"

if you like it,well,good for you!! have fun!!!

You also don't have to complain about it either. Or is that going to accomplish something?

If you people don't like it, don't buy the freakin' game. Others will enjoy it for what it is, "and that's all there is to it".

this is a forum for discussing this game,good points and bad points,not a "express your love for the force unleashed forum"

and no it's not gonna accomplish anything.

i'm considering it,had big expectations for this one but they fell short,so i'm complaining

The enemy AI isn't the brightest (or maybe just not powerful enough on any difficulty), so allowing one hit kills to everything would make the this game way too easy.

just make the stormies blasters just as powerfull,that brings back the game balance.

On the default difficulty setting, stormtroopers take one swing of your saber and they die, so i dont know what you are on about with the 'baseball bat' comment. Try it, swing once with your saber on a stormy and he will die (the health bar just drains slowly).

Kotas men take a little more beating, but to me that's ok because i dont want everything in the game to be one hit. Hell, do you want bosses to be one hit with the saber also? Just cut them in half? I mean it would be realistic but too easy and boring.

I get what you mean about dismemberment and its a little disappointing for me also, but i hardly notice it when im destroying everything in my path.

fair enough

"Da Man"'s argument, summarized, is that if a person doesn't like something, then that person automatically has no right whatsoever to complain.

I agree with him, if nothing can be done about it whats the point in complaining? If nothing can be done about it, then your just complaining for the sake of complaining.

Da_Man_2423

I agree 100 % with you , TFU isn't lightsaber battle simulator and god thanks.

Just think about it for 1 sec , imagine the apprentice doing combos at an enemy npc , imagine each lightsabers hit cutting down the guy , its will look awfull and rediculous.

It wont make sensse if you can cut down body parts nd the enemys that use lightsaber cannot cut yours...

they sacrifice minors thing to make a better gameplay .

And serriously your telling me that you wont buy that game just because of that ? pleaseeee.

I agree with him, if nothing can be done about it whats the point in complaining? If nothing can be done about it, then your just complaining for the sake of complaining.

Nailed it right on the head here with this statement. People aren't adding anything positive to the discussion, they're merely complaining for the sake of it, and comparing the game to a series with a completely different, well, EVERYTHING.

This game has been previewed a ton, and a lot of vids have been released about it for months, so very few things should be surprising to anyone.

The fact that it's a Star Wars game, a next-gen one, and that you can completely rip up your environment and enemies with over the top force powers is enough for "most" people, like many people said before not having dismemberment wouldn't make "most" people not buy the game.

it's just another button mash,pick up and play kids game,only with star wars bearings

Which is why it will sell. Slap that good old "Star Wars" label on anything, and you'll be a rich man. I'm not saying this game will be a huge hit, but it'll be decent enough for LucasArts.

Which is why it will sell. Slap that good old "Star Wars" label on anything, and you'll be a rich man. I'm not saying this game will be a huge hit, but it'll be decent enough for LucasArts.

But it has the potential to be fun for other audiences as well, some of the things you do to enemies make it seem like that its an M game in my opinion >.>. Being completely ruthless and mad with power haha.

Archived