Home

Small, cheap laptop??

jonathan7

Hey all -

I'm about to embark on a missionary training year, which will involve travelling a bit (firstly to India, and currently a destination unknown for 6 months). As such I don't really want to be lugging my massive Rock gaming laptop everywhere, so was considering purchasing a much smaller portable one. I was considering maybe an old Mac - I have around £300 ($450) to spend - if anyone has any bright ideas or suggestions, I would be eager to hear them. Thanks in advance :)

HP has some decent laptops out there. If you go to a pawn shop you might find a laptop that has good power and a reasonable price. Mac's are good, but generally more expensive. Of course that all depends on what you need... But for cheap reasonably priced and semidecent support, HP is good all around.

Hey all -

I'm about to embark on a missionary training year, which will involve travelling a bit (firstly to India, and currently a destination unknown for 6 months). As such I don't really want to be lugging my massive Rock gaming laptop everywhere, so was considering purchasing a much smaller portable one. I was considering maybe an old Mac - I have around £300 ($450) to spend - if anyone has any bright ideas or suggestions, I would be eager to hear them. Thanks in advance :)

If you don't mind a not so awesome processor, the MAcBook Air may be a good choice..

Very small and light, easy to carry around..

But they're not really cheap..

Archived