Home

Custom Portraits?

DarthHK

Ok ok ok ok I know that everybody here has to go through hundreds of idiotic questions a day, and I'm merely one to add to that pile but... here goes. Today I decided to try and reskin the PMHC04.tga head and it's respective portrait for no real reason. I named the edited picture I decided to use for it's portrait PO_pmhc4 and saved it as a 64x64 tga which is the appropriate procedure... right? But as I booted up KotOR it shows up as that infamous ugly white block of death. I haven't even touched the head yet. :lol:

If you must know... this is the image I want to use. I converted it to a jpg for imageshack since it doesn't like tga's apparently. (Yes it's Raiden. Yes I play too much Metal Gear Solid. :xp:)

No... it didn't work. I downloaded a few modded portraits to see and it is 64x64. I guess I'm doing somethign else wrong.

What format you saving it as - .tga - and did you did you make sure to save it as 24 bits per pixel? IRRC, if you save it as 32, sometimes the game won't display it...

In Photoshop, if you create a new document, you can choose how many bits per pixel.. i think.

More than that; when saving a file in .tga format right at the end it gives you the option of saving in 18 (i think), 24 or 32 bits - which makes me think he's not using Photoshop... Can't really help with GIMP as have never used it.

I haven't modded anything in K1, I thought it was the same on things like that :)

It seemed like the obvious thing that might be the problem to me

Would capitalization be a problem? All the other portraits have lowercase PO's

Eefluxx

Well... it really depends on portraits.2da. If it says that its po_#### that its po. But if it says PO_#### then, its PO.

Archived