Home

Another Site Hosting Mods By Holowan Modders

Marius Fett

One of the mods is mine. Nothing appears to have been altered and noone else is taking credit for the mod. I was NOT asked for permission to post it, but it really doesn't bother me having it posted there. (So long as it remains in its original form.)

I noticed that some of the mods are ones that disappeared along with PCGM such as Messkell's mods. I realize that this is just my own personal opinion, but I really don't see anything wrong with posting unaltered mods that a modder no longer supports - that being defined as no definitive place to download it without having to resort to asking everyone and there brother if they have it and would be willing to pass it along to them. Many people would never even have the chance to download them otherwise. A great many mods have been lost because of this.

Morally there's nothing really wrong with it as long as you don't claim credit for the mod. I've never entirely understood why people don't like it, unless they have a problem with a particular site (which I have in the past), but I do respect that people think differently than I do.

I don't know if it's good to assume that people who've left the community would feel that way, though.

I've never entirely understood why people don't like it, unless they have a problem with a particular site (which I have in the past), but I do respect that people think differently than I do.

My biggest problem with people uploading my creations somewhere without telling me is that I won't be able to notify about new versions or updates, which can result in people downloading outdated or bugged versions.

Yes that's true, but you have to balance the issues with the benefits and decide which is more important to you. I respect the personal decision of modders, and for me it doesn't matter that much because I leave a current e-mail address in my read-mes so I can be contacted.

Can't tell you how many times I've had to tell people to read the read-me and stop bothering me, so it seems irrelevant whether people are notified of an update or not. Most are too stupid to listen to directions anyway. :p

My biggest problem with people uploading my creations somewhere without telling me is that I won't be able to notify about new versions or updates, which can result in people downloading outdated or bugged versions.

Word...

As much as I would just love to be upset with this, I will admit he/she did a more than adequate job of stating things IMHO...

Even though some of the mod's links have the name Furio in it, I can't take credits for any of the mods, so its very important that you understand this:

ALL RIGHTS GOES TO THE CREATORS.

They've worked so hard and are very kind to share this with us. Like I mentionned on my home page, all I've done is collected infos and files from the net for you to find under one place, thanks for understanding.

Please be sure to take a look at the read me files for info on how to install and use the mods, and yes all mods comes with a read me file.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived