Home

I have too many WIP threads, at the moment, to keep track of. So, I'm gonna only use this one from now on.

Projects/Progress:

1. [TSL] Expanded Jedi Council v2: 0% done
  2. [TSL] Mandalore Becomes a Jedi: 0% done
  3. [TSL] *To-Be-Announced: 1% done
  4. [K1 & TSL] PC Head Pack: 1% done

Here's a couple pics of my WIPs:

Generic Red-Haired Head as PC (See this thread for d/l link)

Reference pic for WIP #6

Mission Vao as the Exile

Mandalore Becomes a Jedi

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, last night on a chat box, I got roped into making a hilt for a WIP. (I'll let the user tell about it in their thread when they want. ;)) I'll try to have renders ASAP.

@ 3: The only work that needs for it to be done is me to stop getting distracted by my other WIPs, test out the heads and make the portraits. :p

I always thought that head was already in K1 as PMHC01. :confused:

If you look closely, you'll see exactly whose head model it is... ;) And, it definitely wasn't meant as the head you thought it was.

Think of a son who was "lost" in K1, and supposed to be in TSL being "insane" in a secret tomb.

When making a model for the lightsaber while my Internet was down (after a wind storm), I instead made a Grenade by mistake. Also, while my Internet was down, I made a new PC head (after changing the skin tone to match the default caucasian heads). (No, it's not who you think it is...) I just skinned new clothes for him, but I've not had a chance to try it in-game yet.

Grenade

Default head

D1 head

D2 head

Whoa, i like the head.

You gonna release it?

:rolleyes: Oh no; I'm just keeping it to myself.[/sarcasm] Of course, I am. Why else would I have posted him in my WIP thread? (Unlike a certain personal mod which resides in my override)

Lets hope he does. I have been looking for some time a PC head that could get me back into K2. That one might be the "One"

See above.

Anyways, I got the clothing in-game now. :^: So, here are screenies of them.

LS Clothing

DS Clothing - 1 | 2

Oh, I like the grenade, I can't wait to see it in-game...could you make a smoke one, too?:xp:

|I|

The grenade was made by mistake. So, I dunno if I could come up with a grenade design intentionally. :xp:

The torso looks fine enough. Though I would prefer to see a full body pic of the LS and DS clothing

I'll be sure to do that when I get the chance.

Anyways, I have the hilt modeled. It just needs UV-Mapping, skinned & exported. Before I post a link, it is not Luke's saber. It's supposed to end up like a saber design I found while surfing the web. (Side note to the person whose WIP the hilt is for: Feel free to post about it in your thread at any time. :p)

The Hilt of Awesomeness :xp:

(Side note to the person whose WIP the hilt is for: Feel free to post about it in your thread at any time. :p)

The Hilt of Awesomeness :xp:

;)

Looks a lot like the picture you showed me. That Person be sure to place the hilt in the group, add you to it, in case That Person need you to make moar, or do something else. But, That Person won't do anything involving the public until he can skin and get everything done on his other 2 sabers.

Anyone catch the hints yet?

EDIT: By the way, the official name of that saber is "Vindicator"

Your hilt is awfully short (to the point of looking out of proportion). Remember you need to be able to reasonably fit at least one focusing crystal and a power cell in there, and it looks like now you'd really only have room for the crystal and associated casing. See here for the common innards for a basic lightsaber to base future proportions on.

Of course you can disregard that, since it's your hilt, but I think a more proportional hilt would go over better with downloaders. I'm sure folks want their Jedi to at least have the option to use the hilt two-handed, and I know I hate using a hilt that's too short or too long just because it looks silly.

Food for thought.

Anyways, I got the clothing in-game now. :^: So, here are screenies of them.

LS Clothing

DS Clothing - 1 | 2

Perhaps you would consider making the pale/white color on the robes black? I think it would give it a more "sithy" look. Also, just thought I'd mention this. Are you only restoring the left over K1 heads in TSL? I ask this as I'm currently working on something that has heads re-done to look like K1's heads, and I don't want to step over anyone's toes.

Perhaps you would consider making the pale/white color on the robes black? I think it would give it a more "sithy" look. Also, just thought I'd mention this. Are you only restoring the left over K1 heads in TSL? I ask this as I'm currently working on something that has heads re-done to look like K1's heads.

1) I've been working on getting that area of the robes darker already.

2) I was only restoring the K1 PC heads that were left in TSL assets. Hope that answered your question.

EDIT I:

Update: I got the robes blacker. Here are pics of them:

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

I just found a very effective way for making my portraits. So, here's my portraits for the aforementioned PC mod:

portraits.png

Though it is entirely done, I want to release it at the same time as my Expanded Jedi Council 2.0 (which is close to being done). I'm now at the point where, aside from making 5 cameras, if I want to do anything for custom robes that now would be the time to do them. :^: So, I'll think it over the next few days and see what happens.

Just thought I'd share that double update.

Archived