Home

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just found a very effective way for making my portraits. So, here's my portraits for the aforementioned PC mod:

So, are you going to leave it as a floating head, or will you be adding the body later? I think that a straight ahead portrait is a little too static. Perhaps if you used the perspective view and moved the camera around a bit, the portrait would be more dynamic. I think that a shot with the camera below the face, pointing up, and have the character's eyes looking down (like he is above people and sneering down at them) would look great. Add some moody shadows for the dark side, and it will look fantastic.

So, are you going to leave it as a floating head, or will you be adding the body later? I think that a straight ahead portrait is a little too static. Perhaps if you used the perspective view and moved the camera around a bit, the portrait would be more dynamic. I think that a shot with the camera below the face, pointing up, and have the character's eyes looking down (like he is above people and sneering down at them) would look great. Add some moody shadows for the dark side, and it will look fantastic.

I'll try to add the body later; I just barely figured how to use GMax to get a static view. That was just my first time doing portraits with the help of it. :^: Well, the perspective view had the head backwards, so I used the Back view instead for this.

Well, the perspective view had the head backwards, so I used the Back view instead for this.

You should be able to rotate & pan the camera around. I think that on a wheel mouse if you click and hold the wheel, then move the mouse around, that should rotate. To pan, you would hold the control key and then click and drag with the mouse. I might have the buttons confused though (I'm at work where I use AutoCAD all day, and the pan & zoom uses different buttons), so don't hold me to it. Also, down in the lower right side of Gmax there should be some clickable icons to pan & rotate.

I do suggest you use Berun Modrul's head for K2 as a base for Starkiller.

I agree! They are pretty similar. Just some neat re-skin and voila!

That was the plan... Anyways, I got tired of Ramana's non-unique appearance and did some tw...err...modding. :xp:

Ramana's New Look

(I am still trying to locate the Twi'lek dancer skin fixes for TSL; If I can't, I'll see what I can do to get the body skin tone to match the head skin tone.)

Now, I'm off to start Starkiller for TSL... :^:

Achilles did a texture fix for the female Twi'lek.

Is that what your looking for? It fixes the Green, Dark and Pale Twi'leks.

I have it if you wan't it.

Yeah, slightly, in the chin, maybe...Anyway, you've made a great head, Ferc! Can't wait for the release!:D

|I|

I submitted the TSL version to KotORFiles; It should be up soon.

The guy looks really sleepy in those pictures...

Meh; That's the game's fault not mine. The head models never stay in the same pose for more than a few secs at a time.

Anyways, I've now started to actually work on a previously personal mod. (Which I now plan to fix and release. :^:) I call it Kreia Unhooded. I'm still converting her old good/evil "clothes" into a Jedi Robe which will serve as her clothing. The only thing I have to show at the moment is her head. I realize that I still have to do a little touch up on some areas, but it's mostly done.

Kreia Unhooded

I just started another WIP female head for K1 & TSL to be released on Halloween. (I have no other ideas for a Halloween WIP, at the moment.) And, using the original texture, I might be able to shape the lips of my Mission Exile WIP. :) Two birds with one stone, I'd say. :p Anyways, I have a pic of the new head.

New Female PC

Archived