Home

Star Wars: The Sith Resurrection Part V: The Threefold War

Alkonium

(@Tysy: That was blatant character controlling. Try to avoid it next time.

@JM12 & CN: Would it work to say Wrath incapacitated Master Starlighter?)

"You probably don't remember me. You sent a transmission to Coruscant two years ago looking for your cousin's son Tonatius, and I was the one who picked up." Kalla replied. "Don't worry about offending me, I get that from time to time. People like me are rare, because people like my father usually keep to one of their two species, but he's not usual." Reyvan then entered the room. "Andorra, we're still not entirely sure how the kidnapper managed to get in and out without being detected. There's nothing on the airlocks, and there would have been no time for him to stow aboard when the ship was docked." He told her. "This my Master, Reyvan Skyrider. He's also my uncle." Kalla told Andorra.

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I'd appreciate your assistance, Master Jedi. My team is already down one man, and I have a feeling we're going to need all the help we can get and more before this is over." In truth, he'd more or less taken the Jedi's aid as a given - what else was the Jedi going to do?

Static filled his comlink, then Maren's voice broke through. "Captain, I'm getting a Republic Intelligence packet over the holonet. Task Force Ion has made the jump to lightspeed and at their current speed should be here in seven hours. The President has declared Defensive Readiness Condition One, and all Republic units are on high alert."

The war had just gotten ramped up a notch.

"Thanks, Maren. How's Jurgen?"

"Grouchy. I pulled him out of the tank a minute ago, need to filter the bacta before he goes for another dunk. He's asleep right now. Should I wake him?"

Kadis shook his head, then slapped his forehead. She couldn't see him. He really needed to get a nap. "Let the man sleep. We're all going to need it. Any sign of the Imps detecting our insertion?"

"Negative, sir."

"Alright. Watch your six, Eleven."

"You too, sir." The feed went dead.

The Governor's estate wasn't too far, probably about two klicks from here. Kadis took point, the rest of the commandos falling in behind him.

Merios listened to the man's words- afterward, he listened to the chatter. He exhaled and uncrossed his arms, letting them hang at his side.

"Explain to me why we're going to the Governor's estate. If these Imperials are here, we don't know of their plan. For all we know, they're just razing the planet and doing a basic salvaging strategy. Going to the Governor's estate could lead them right to..."

His right hand quickly moved to his waistband, gripping around the hilt of his light saber. He pulled it off of it's clip and flipped it around in his hand, holding it inverted. His thumb pressed the ignition button- almost instantly a long blue streak of light burst forth from the emitter, lengthening to almost a foot and a half, tracing up the back of his right forearm and bicep. He held the saber at his side, the blade tilted at an angle, almost pressing up against his back.

"They're near. Soldiers- a lot of them. We need to move... I fear they have something planned."

Valmar paused for a moment. "I'm playing a hunch. The Imps might just be razing the planet, but that doesn't really make sense - if all they were going for is damage, they would have ordered a Base Delta Zero and bombarded the planet from orbit until the crust was slag. According to Republic Intel, a salvage op wouldn't get much worthwhile."

As the Jedi gave his warning, Valmar hissed into his commlink. The nearby commandos dropped or moved to cover.

"How many hostiles? They probably aren't aware of our presence, we can take them by surprise, probably cut most of them down fast if they come our way."

((Not likely unless he used some hallucinagenic. Andros Starlighter is 80+ years old, if my math is correct and not above anticipating moves. If it was a drug sprayed at him more likely yes.))

((Since I am behind I'll just pick up))

Tyrannus growled, "You are such a fool Virul. She would rather die than give you anything. And you are worm brained Hutt. You can't destroy Avalon. It is the key to everything." He then growled in the harsh words of the Rashikians, the dialect that was like death on the ears.

Jun-la felt hollow after hearing what had happened. Her father suffered a potent drug induced hallucination and the governor was gone. Her father's cousin and her tante's best friend. She watched as Kalla made her feelings known to Tonatius' cousin.

Tonatius was by his cousin. He spoke in the soothing tones of Avalon as Kall did things in her own way. He asked his cousin, "See anything you did?"

Tiye had heard of what had happened and immediately headed out to the rendevouz. She met up with a cocky pilot whom she brushed off and found Jun-la and her brother Tulre along with Master Reyvan. She asked, "How did this happen master Jedi?"

"I doubt it. She wasn't aware of anything until I told her." Kalla commented. "It would have helped to have some security cameras in here."

"We're still not entirely sure. There were no actual witnesses to the kidnapping, and by the time my apprentice and I got there, she was already gone." Reyvan replied.

"You misunderstand me, Tyrannus. I intend only to destroy the government, and take over what remains. Senseless slaughter is not my method anymore. If it were not for me, the Republic would have remained unified and your Rashikians would not have been a threat." Virul replied.

Merios closed his eyes and attuned himself to the Force. He listened to the world around him, blocking the senses and concentrating on life forms nearby. He turned around, facing behind him and south-western. With his eyes still closed, he felt the presence of a battalion of soldiers- a good 20-50 glowing red outlines as well as three or four suspended red outlines in the air- possibly piloting something, reclining in an elevated seat near the head of the machine. Merios shook his head, opening his eyes and turning back to Valmar.

"Too many... A platoon- with what I think may be AT-ST's..."

He turned around to face the direction of the soldiers.

"It's up to you. With great strategy we might be able to defeat them.. But it may be wise to run- but that means facing civilian casualties. It's your call."

"Raagh you still do not understand. He will not let you reign. You are a product of what has existed for thousands of years," Tyrannus saw how stupid humans of the Core Worlds were. They could not understand simply because they refused to. "You are from the Rashikians. They are not mine any more than the minions are yours. He rules all."

"Master Starlighter would have been ample. THis kidnapper was well prepared.," Tonatius replied.

"I'll say though the Twodian has a point," Matton said using the nickname he bestowed on Kalla. Of course that only had his neck grabbed by Tiye's strong hands.

"You mock what she is. Do you mock that which is half Mandalorian?" Tiye's eyes flashed.

"Tiye," Jun-la's gentle voice cut. She then spoke in Mandalorian to calm the woman down. "We cannot let this get out of hand. First things first is to secure the Governor's daughter. Then reconn should be done to locate her. Agreed Master Reyvan?"

"Perhaps it would be best if we kept her on the move, or possibly taken deeper into Republic space. The New Empire has yet to strike past any border worlds." Reyvan commented. "Perhaps we could contact my father about tracking the governor down. It would save us time in making sure Andorra's safe, and the soon we start looking for the governor, the sooner we'll finder her." Kalla added. She always found it odd that Matton's nickname for her ignored her human heritage, even though he referred to her father as a Twi'human.

"Perhaps you are right Master Jedi," Tiye replied, "However we cannot change what has been set. This evil has only once set foot on Amshrey but we know it well."

"You suggest in plain sight," Tonatius asked. He had been mesmerised by the power and strength of the woman. He also found her beautiful in an exotic way. He couldn't help but think of what her age proper was.

"Yes," Tiye replied. She had felt the attraction of the boy and in turn felt one for him. Her mother Selene had told her to be wary of the feelings of the heart but not to abandon them completely. For each of her sixteen years she had heard that lesson but never understood it until now. "The Shreyites are particularly loyal to Master Starlighter and the twins. They will guard her as necessary and we will help as well." To Master Reyvan, "The Core Worlds won't be safe for long and will be the first place that these kidnappers will look."

"Perhaps Rogue Squadron could do a reconn of their movements?" Matton offerred in an attempt of redemption to the Mandalorian woman.

"That would work," Jun-la allowed, "Perhaps Master Komad should join us." She had heard the suggestion of Kalla and countered with one of her own. She knew Master Komad would pursue in the face of revenge. If he was to face Virul in the future, he needed to be ready to let go and have two make one. So far he wasn't that with his anger inside. Silently through the Force she thought, Master Komad, let go of your anger.

Matton understood the reason for the suggestion even though he didn't fully believe in this three against three. He admitted he liked the boy Tonatius but the idea that they were family was as likely as making the Kessel Run in half a parsec. He didn't have to say anything else for he was forgiven for now. He watched the Twi'lek/Rodian girl as she looked to her master and uncle for an answer and looked back at Jun-la. He saw the softened look she assumed as she entered her deep thought and wondered if he would ever break the tough layer of blastdoor she had put up.

Despite agreeing to just be friends with Tonatius, Kalla couldn't help but feel jealous towards Tiye and wonder why he was never interested in her. Perhaps he found her mixed lineage unappealing, or maybe he wasn't as comfortable with her bisexuality within that context as within a platonic relationship. "It seems to me, that if the New Empire wanted Andorra as well, the kidnapper could have easily taken her along with the governor." She pointed out. She also felt some attraction to the Avalonian girl, but after a number of awkward and disappointing moments with Tonatius in the past, she felt it best not to say anything until she knew more about Andorra. "My apprentice is right. It is unlikely that the Empire was after the governor's daughter, but I still feel it would be best to keep her on the move until further notice." Reyvan replied. "We should give word to Master Kaltas as soon as possible."

(Edit: Tysy's pulled out, so until someone expresses interest in the character, I'll have to take over Andorra)

The ship had finally returned and Wrath had exited the cockpit with the governor's body. Wrath walked down the halls searching for Virul until he had finally found him. Wrath placed the governor's body in front of Virul and bowed once again.

"My lord I present to you the governor as you requested. I can assure you she is not dead, I merely put her to sleep so that she would not make noise. Would you have me do anything else?"

"Good. She would be useless dead. Bring her to the detention level for now. There is more that needs to be done." Virul replied, dismissing Wrath.

"If you are wrong, Master Jedi, it would be best for me to be under the protection of you and your apprentice." Andorra suggested, partially but subconsciously due to her attraction to Kalla. "That would make sense. We are better equipped to defend against them, where as the Avalonians and the Shreyites are better suited to fighting Rashikians." Reyvan commented.

((Xbx, a Battalion is 500-1500 men. You're thinking Platoon.))

Kadis grimaced. "Tactical positions, men." He dialed up his commstrength. "Sharp, I need a sitrep."

"Copy, boss. We've disabled the scout patrol with an EM Pulse Bomb. Infantry support is giving us a little trouble. DOWN, GET DOWN!"

The comm went silent, the distinctive roar of a TIE fighter's engines blowing through it, followed by a huge explosion. Kadis turned around, a red flare not far on the horizon.

"Sorry about that, Boss. TIE was doing a strafing run on us, Demon picked it off. We've got...Whoa! Nevermind, boss, we're in the clear. They know we're here now."

"We need Anti-Armor at our position, Sector Three-Besh."

"Roger that. ETA four minutes. Wheels already took over the command scout. Lynx is patching into the Decrypt module, but she says there's some pretty nasty defenses and nobody wrote the password down - we need Squid."

The Quarren slicer wiggled his tentacles. "We're a little busy, Sharp? Just get over here."

Kadis grinned. "Alright, we'll set up a perimeter. We've got a Platoon-strength force, possibly with AT-ST support."

"Copy. Sharp out."

"Alright. We can expect them to make this position soon. Set up three thermal detonators on proximity charges and then make cover. Fist, Black, Hunter, hop to it. Squid, rig up a Mini-EMP. Might slow them down if they can't use their electronics."

"On it, sir." The four moved out into the main street to begin rigging the charges. Kadis ran over to the side of a building and began climbing, using the various natural hand-holds and foot-holds in the rock. Not to mention the bolt holes. It wasn't too long before he was on top of the building, looking down on the patrol through his scope.

"How's it going down there?"

"Therm Dets rigged, Boss. Squid's almost done with his EMP."

"You've got maybe thirty seconds before they turn the corner and spot you. Hurry up."

"Done!" The Quarren's watery voice broke through the channel. "Moving to cover."

Kadis slapped his forehead. He hadn't even considered what the Jedi would do in the upcoming skirmish. Guess that was up to the Jedi.

"Three minutes to your location, sir."

The platoon turned the corner and headed right into their ambush, the four bombs concealed by the various rubble and wreckage strewn around. Kadis grinned, aiming through his scope as they almost blindly walked into the trap. Stormtroopers were good soldiers, but no match for Katarns.

His comlink chittered. He flipped the switch, setting off the four charges, spraying Stormtrooper chunks all over the street and nearly vaporizing an AT-ST. "Katarns, TAKE TAKE TAKE!"

Blaster fire erupted from five rifles, taking the disoriented Stormtroopers by surprise. They move towards cover as fast as they could, using their superior number and armor to their advantage, but they were all looking a little disoriented. "Three cheers for EMP." Kadis mumbled as he blew a Stormtrooper's helmet apart.

((Yeah, I apologize. I can't believe I missed that. I couldn't come up with the right word.. xD))

Merios quickly sprinted to the left, moving a good 5-10 feet with each bound, holding his light saber behind him. He dived behind a piece of rubble and ducked down. He peeked over and watched as the charges blew and shredded the advancing line of Stormtroopers, sending sprays of sinew and blasting crimson chunks of white armor against the buildings on either side. One AT-ST was quite literally blown apart- one leg was completely destroyed and half of the cabin was torn away. The following EMP disrupted the vehicle's electronics, tipping the mech over. One by one, three AT-ST's shut down quite spectacularly, sending sparks and dropping their payload to the ground, tremendous explosions rocking the Earth and the troopers below them, creating an effect similar to that of the charges set by the Katarn.

He waited, watching as the Katarn men unleashed a barrage of blaster fire into the platoon of Stormtroopers. His eyes darted around the battlefield until they landed on one of the Stormtroopers- he had managed to hit Squid in the chest with the butt of his rifle and was about to unload a blaster shot into the Quarren's chest. Merios took this as a sign and he leaped over the rubble. He kicked off the ground powerfully, using the Force to propel him towards where Squid was. He neared and, at this rate, he would arrive at the Stormtrooper after he fired so he had to think quick. Merios reared back his right hand and launched his saber towards the Stormtrooper. Within seconds, the attacking trooper's arms were sliced off at the elbow, dropping the E-33 to the ground with a clank. Merios skidded to a halt behind the Stormie and caught the saber. Facing away from the enemy soldier, he lifted his left palm into the air behind him, facing the Stormy, and sent the Imperial flying into the air, colliding with another Stormtrooper.

Merios quickly jumped into the air, flipping once and landing near Kadis on the roof of a building, bringing his light saber up to deflect a few blaster shots aimed at the Katarn back at the owner, knocking the Stormie backwards onto the ground, smoking from the fresh craters in his armor. He felt a tingle in his skull and he looked downwards and to the right, near one of the fallen AT-ST's. One Heavy Trooper had what looked like a Rocket Launcher- and he used it, aimed directly at the building he was perched on. Merios quickly ran to the edge and jumped off of the building- he soared towards the ground but quickly flipped in air once the rocket neared his position in front of the building. He lifted up his right knee and focused the Force in a controlled blast of energy, sending the rocket spiraling backwards, towards the Heavy Trooper who had shot it. The Stormie tried frantically to run away, heading into a large group of troopers near a downed AT-ST. The rocket, guided by the Force, bore into the ground at the Heavy Trooper's ankles, exploding and sending a mass of twisted, destroyed body parts soaring in the air.

Merios quickly landed in a full sprint, bringing his light saber to his front and twirling it around frantically, deflecting bolt after bolt- it was a sight to behold. He neared a Stormtrooper who had two squad mates nearby. He slid downward and, once he was about a foot from him, Merios put his saber between the Stormtrooper's legs- he pushed his body into the air in a jump, bringing the saber up with him, slicing the soldier vertically in two. He landed in a spiral on the right tip of his foot, spinning around once before crouching down, trusting both hands out forward, sending a concentrated blast of the Force outward. A large group of Stormtroopers were launched into the air, smacking off of light posts and each other, attempting to grab empty air as they helplessly soared away. Merios quickly ran towards the flying enemies. As he neared, he launched himself into the air, spinning his saber and twirling in place and lashing out his light saber. One soldier was sliced horizontally at the waist in two- Merios moved on to let out a flurry of slashes- bright blue trails of light surrounded him as he moved through the bodies of the flying Stormtroopers.

He flipped once and landed gracefully, twirling his light saber and holding it behind him steadily. Body parts rained around him, plopping to the ground and mashing together, forming a small pile of armor, appendages, arms, legs, and heads- all jutting out at crooked red angles. He turned around and quickly retreated to a nearby piece of rubble, flattening up against it. He deactivated his light saber and crossed his legs, placing his hands and his saber upon his lap and closing his eyes as blaster bolts soared past him. He meditated silently.

Tyrannus listened to the petty praise. With Wrath still in earshot, he did in his gravelly singsong, "Eh so pathetic. She won't say a thing."

"I think it prudent that she stay," Tiye added, "There are places only we know of."

"I would agree," Tonatius added softly. Then as if he could read her thoughts, he whispered to Kalla, "You are a friend and that is how my heart feels."

Jun-la was talking, "Master Kaltas should come here. Revenge is never the best way to go. Besides he will need two as one."

"I agree," Andros Starlighter replied. His head was still pounding from the hallucinogenic but it was clear enough to know what was going on. "There are things that must be discussed and to break what must be is not wise." He went to stand behind his namesake and placed his hands on the boy's shoulders. "The swords have to be drawn."

"Wow."

Gaussen was at his elbow, whistling through his tentacles. "I knew Jedi were tough, but geez..."

Kadis glanced at Gaussen, annoyed. The Quarren had been too eager, and had almost paid for it with his life. He'd reprimand him when they got back to base.

"Captain, I've cracked the Imperial TacNet." Shayloh's voice broke through. "Your presence has been detected, repeat, presence has been detected. Imperial patrols are moving in on your position. You have five, repeat, five squads of Stormtroopers moving, as well as a strike force of combat speeders. Transmitting IFF."

His eyepiece lit up with an overhead view of the city, with a green blip representing him, with six red blips coming at him from all directions.

"You've got one way out, Captain. Straight shot at the Governor's palace. It's pretty heavily guarded, but the local Imperials are not on High Alert about our presence yet. You might be able to break in. I'll keep sifting to figure out what they're here for. I'll keep the tactical feed open. Wheels is bringing us in on our transport. Sharp suggests we rendezvous."

There wasn't much of a point in holding onto the command speeder. He hadn't expected Shayloh to be able to crack the TacNet so fast.

"Roger that. Rendezvous at the predetermined coordinates."

"Copy."

He switched off his comlink. "Alright, you heard the lady. Let's move out. Break tactical spacing, move as fast as possible. We've got an Imp dragnet closing in around us, more than we can handle without surprise. Move, move, move!"

"However, she raises a good point about being under the protection of Jedi. The New Empire are the ones who kidnapped the governor, not the Raskikians. I will send a message to Komad. He'll probably take time out of his search for ways to kill the dead to join us." Reyvan replied, attempting to make light of Komad's obsession.

"I won't need her to." Virul replied to Tyrannus as he watched his old "friend" leave the New Imperial Palace on Bastion.

"Then I won't try to ruin what little we do have." Kalla replied, walking to join Reyvan in contacting her father. Andorra then walked over to Tonatius, hoping to learn more about Kalla. "I know you're friends with that Jedi girl, but how much do you really know about her?" She asked him, wondering if he would know why. She had never told anyone, but Tonatius was typically insightful, though he was often blunt when he wasn't cryptic.

(and my original de facto protagonist finally appears!)

As Reyvan opened communications with Komad, he began to see the effects of his obsession on his appearance. His hair was dirty and unkempt, he now had a scraggly beard, and his robes were clearly sweat-stained. "Komad, is that you? You look terrible." Reyvan said to him. "Very funny, Reyvan. What do you want?" Komad replied. It seemed that his manners weren't that great either now. "Dad, we're all very worried about you. You're only hurting yourself with this." Kalla told her father. Komad paused for a moment. He hadn't seen her, his son or his wife in months. He was too busy looking for how to stop Darth Virul once and for all. "We need you here." Kalla added. "Where are you?" He then asked. "Amshrey, at the capital. The situation has gotten much worse." Kalla replied. "I will be there as soon as possible. Is your brother or your mother there as well?" Komad inquired. "Andros is here, but no, Mom's still stationed in the Mustafar system." Kalla replied. "I'll see you then."

Merios listened to the man's commands to his troops and quickly opened his eyes and jumped to his feet. He jogged to the group, pulling up the tail end. He could speed past them but, since he didn't know exactly where to go, he would have to make sure they didn't get harmed.

"Speeders? Captain.." He spoke with a chuckle as he followed suit.

"By now they have us on radar. If we were to break in, we'd bring a squadron of soldiers to the governor's palace. I suggest we break loose of them first and sneak in to reduce casualties."

"Yes Lord Virul," Wrath replied as he exited with the governor. He found an elevator and stepping into it going down to the detention cells. He looked at the datapad and approached Cell D-17. Wrath entered into the cell and placed the governor on a bed.

"Andorra...." the governor murmured in her sleep.

Andorra?... how interesting Wrath thought to himself.

Wrath exited D-17 and walked back into the elevator going up to the floor he was originally on. He rounded the same hallway and approached Lord Virul once more.

"I have done as you commanded Lord Virul, what will you have me do now?"

"Such a weak-minded pawn." Virul muttered under his breath as he heard Wrath's voice. At least he'd never think to betray him, unlike Dar. "Go to the Mustafar system. There is a Jedi there of great interest to me. She is a Rodian female named Greea Bodonawieedo Kaltas. Her power is immense, and if she can be turned to the Dark Side, then Coruscant itself could be within our grasp, and I shall be one step closer to destroying one of my greatest enemies." He told Wrath.

Kadis rolled his eyes, irritation plainly visible on his face. He really hated it when Non-Military personnel started telling him what should be done in a situation. It happened frustratingly often.

"Jedi, with respect, I do know what I'm doing. And as for having us on radar, that's extremely unlikely. All they've got are some unsubstantiated reports of explosions in this region and a patrol that disappeared. Systems like Radar aren't designed to detect us, and most of our equipment is nearly identical to standard Imperial equip from a distance, although mostly better. As long as we don't get caught in a visual, we can evade them, and as long as we move fast, we can evade their search pattern."

He bit down on some colorful descriptions of the Jedi and moved forward, watching the red blips close behind them. It was going to be narrow, avoiding the Stormies, but he was pretty sure they could make it.

"If I see signs that they've got our trail, we'll break off from the Palace. But given the situation, it's probable there are already Stormies swarming all over the place. Unless you know something, in which case, speak up."

"I tell you your plans are stupid. Vengeance is powerful but the power these humans and halfbreeds have is something else." Tyrannus was absently suspended a heavy marble ball in the air. It was little effort and concentration. Centuries taught him that much. "They have something that always overcomes. The reason they last as long as they do."

Tonatius didn't pretend to not know Kalla and therefore didn't hide it, "We train together for the circle of six."

Andros made his way to the screen and looked upon the once youthful face. He let father and daughter talk before saying, "You cannot break what must be and the swords must be drawn. Please return swiftly."

"She will join us my lord, one way or another," Wrath said as he began to leave.

Wrath stopped himself and remembered what the governor had said while he put her in a cell.

"Lord Virul, when I put the governor in cell D-17 she murmured the word "Andorra" in her sleep which leads me to believe that she will talk in her sleep. Perhaps "Andorra" is the key to getting the governor to talk and for this Bodonawieedo... what is your feeling on a brutal yet cunning plan?"

Archived