Home

Star Wars: The Sith Resurrection Part V: The Threefold War

Alkonium

"I will. I suppose this will lead to Virul's final defeat." Komad replied, his image fading out.

And then there were times when Tonatius missed the point entirely. "That's not quite what I meant, but thanks anyway." Andorra told him. She didn't say more, as she didn't feel entirely ready to open up to people about her feelings. She looked and saw a boy similar in appearance to Kalla, most likely her brother. She walked up to him and asked, "Can you tell me anything about your sister?"

Kalla left the communications tower and spotted her brother Andros talking to Andorra. Flashing a smile at Andorra, she said to her brother, "Dad's on his way here."

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tonatius shook his head, amused at his cousin's persistence. He knew what she wanted to know and decided not to give it so easily. Part of Avalonian teaching was that if you didn't work hard to gain knowledge, then what was the point? In his subtle way he was reminding his cousin to seek out and overall telling her to ask Kalla herself. He watched she went to pester the youngest Kaltas. He didn't notice Tiye had stood beside him until she said, "You remind her of lessons yet she misses it."

"A reminder and her choice of whom to ask," he replied, masking the slight lifting of his heart he had felt.

"If anything you are like Lord Starlighter when he thinks aloud," Tiye replied, aware that she was feeling peculiar around the Jedi intent on watching his cousin. "And like the old masters."

"Memory stretches long," Tonatius replied.

"Indeed," Tiye agreed. She was curious at the age proper of the boy. She was aware that Master Starlighter's mother was two years older than his father yet they loved each other. Some warriors had mates that were a hundred years difference. It was a common thing but also risky considering the elder tend to die first when they choose to walk the white road. She considered that they both looked like in their twenties but there was the possibility that he was thirty. She glanced at him and before he could catch her she asked, "How long will you be here to mobilize?"

"Depends on Master Komad and his speed to get here."

Andros Kaltas had been watching the exchange between Tonatius and his Avalonian cousin. When he saw her come over towards him, he had to keep the laugh that threatened to arise. He knew that Tonatius was behaving just like his master. He found it funny since they were family and theis cousin didn't seem to catch on. Still he was polite and listened to Andorra's question. He replied, "She's my sister. She's a Jedi and likes her own way."

He was saved by his sister telling him that his father was coming. He replied, "OK. Maybe Master Starlighter can convince him to..." and he trailed off. He knew his father had been on a self destructive path since the war began. It was rather saddening to see and understood why his master and her father were persistent in their quiet way.

Andros shook his head slightly as he watched the image of Komad fade. He said to no one in particular, "He must give up on personal vengeance."

"It is hard I know, Atta, but he must be made to see," Jun-la replied using her term of affection for her father. She then turned to MAster Reyvan and asked, "How long would it take for your wife to arrive?"

Matton and Tulre were just standing around watching the scene around them, particularly how Tiye and Tonatius were reacting to each other. Tulre's eyes picked them up first and said, "It looks like your half is interested in a girl."

Matton didn't need Tulre to gesture that it was Tiye he was referring to. He replied, "Rather a touchy thing considering Twodian and I have an understanding."

"Well I can't say for certain, but attraction and love know no boundaries. Considering you and my sister..."

"Hey were just friends," Matton was quick to point out. "That's it."

"Right."

Merios scrunched up his face a bit, hesitating to speak. He didn't want to say anything, so he didn't. He just sucked it up and carried on with the group- jogging towards the palace. His eyes darted around his environment, taking in small little details that would help them along the way. He felt an overbearing presence of the Dark Side, but he shrugged it off for a moment- he didn't need any distractions.

"I'm afraid that, once we get to the palace and I see to it your men come to no harm, I'll have to leave. I sense an ominous presence closing in. It's best that you're not caught up in it."

He didn't want to bring the soldiers into a all-out battle with the Empire, so he had to stay brief. He had no idea what was going on but he was determined to get answers and he believed this new presence could shed some light on the situation.. Depending on whom the presence belongs to.

Kalla understood her brother's feelings when it came to their father, but as the other named from the Line of the Warrior Returning home, she knew that he was putting far more at risk than just his own health. To take her mind off it, she said to Andorra, "You were asking about me?" Andorra got a bit nervous, as she didn't actually know what to say to Kalla. "I'd rather speak to you alone." She replied. "If this is about what I think it's about, it would be nothing new to me or my brother." Kalla told her. "You know? How?" Andorra then asked. The only way she could think of was for this girl to have found out through Tonatius, but she had never told him, and even if she had, he wouldn't have said anything. "I've seen the way you look at me, and being partly that way myself, I can see the signs. And let me tell you, you're far better off opening up about it. You'll never find someone who shares your feelings if you keep it to yourself." Kalla told her.

"Not long. Rogue squadron is stationed nearby." Reyvan replied. They would need her expertise as well in fortifying Amshrey.

Jun-la gave a thoughtful nod. "Perhaps it would be best if she understood completely what we face. Do you agree?"

She was approaching in a formal manner of permission to training for Alkéa. In or for Master Komad to come out of this personal vengeance mode, it would be best if he conversed with someone who had suffered that route before. She couldn't bring herself to ask straight out but to ask in the roundabout way of Avalonians.

"Perhaps it would be best." Reyvan replied. He also thought that Alkéa might be able to help her brother come to his sense. "It might also be a good idea for Greea to come, if she's able to leave Mustafar."

"What do mean by being partly that way?" Andorra asked, after Kalla's brother Andros had left. "I'm attracted to both men and women. I don't know if that's how it is for you-" Kalla replied, only for Andorra to interrupt. "It's not. I've honestly never felt anything for a man. I don't know why, but -" In turn, she was interrupted by Kalla. "Just accept it as part of who you are." Kalla then gave Andorra a light kiss on the lips.

At that time Tonatius had arrived. He had seen the kiss and thought it to be a good thing. His cousin had lived in hiding for so long with who she was that he was afraid she would never find what her heart desired. He came and told Kalla, "I was told that your master and Lady Jun-la wished to speak to you."

AS soon as Kalla had turned, he whispered into Andorra'a ear, "Pursue that which makes you happy Cousin. Know that I am happy for you."

"It would be good that Greea comes," Jun-la conceded, "Though I think that perhaps this is a matter between brother and sister. It does help though to have a steadying influence."

"I agree," Andros replied in his quiet way. He had felt the anger and despair emanate from Alkéa when she was hurt. In fact he saw it. His secret gift was the ability to see the auras of a person and in turn gave him a good idea of what they would do. A parlour trick at best but useful. He had been told that his ancestor had the same gift. He wondered if Komad would have the same aura about him. "Greea should be here and a mother needs to see that her children are alright."

Jun-la nodded and cast a glance at Reyvan. She then called Tonatius and told him to bring Kalla. As soon as he left she said, "A daughter knows her mother and a mother should hear from her daughter."

"I'm absolutely delighted to hear that."

Frustration and sarcasm colored the commando's speech. He bit back a number of colorful curses. The Jedi made for a good tenth man with Jurgen down.

Still, they were Katarns. They got it done.

"Boss, we're at the rendezvous point. No comm traffic around the Governor's palace, repeat, Governor's Palace is dark."

"Roger that. Alpha is inbound, ETA two minutes."

"Copy."

He patched into the Imperial Tac-Net using the code Shayloh had fed him. Stormtrooper units were scattered around the city and the five that had moved in on them were spreading in a standard search pattern. Fortunately, the speeders were going in the wrong direction to find them. Unfortunately, they would only be a stone's throw away if they got spotted.

"Snap it up, men, we got Stormies looking for us."

The movement to the Governor's Palace was uneventful. Sharp threw him a salute as they came into visual.

"We found a side entrance. It's locked, though." The Twi'lek looked annoyed. Probably was upset about missing the fun with the AT-ST patrol. He had taken a position behind a lump of rubble, covering their backs.

"Squid, pop the door. Wheels, can you set up a remote so we can drive it on Shayloh's comlink?"

The Verpine made a clicking sound for a moment, then nodded. "I believe so."

He sighed. "I guess this is it, then, Jedi. Thanks for the help. I wish you'd tell us what you were concerned about." Kadis glanced down at his chronometer. Estimated time for the fleet's arrival was five hours, thirty-six minutes.

"I am finished, Captain. The vehicle will now accept comlink transmissions, although I suspect it will be difficult to maneuver." The Verpine nodded at him.

"Shayloh, try to fly it into something big. Preferably fast enough to detonate the fuel tanks. And far from here." Nothing worked as a distraction quite like an explosion.

"Right, boss." The Bothan started fiddling with her comlink, and the speeder roared and jetted off, swaying like a drunken sailor.

"I've shut down the alarm, lock, and lights for this door, Captain. Ready to move in on your command." Gaussen pulled his tentacles back away from his mouth, flashing his fangs in a rather grotesque approximation of a grin.

The sound of a detonation split the night. The speeder had just finished it's job, judging by the rumble of a building collapsing and the sound of the speeder exploding.

Shayloh smirked. "Job done, boss."

"Alright, standard insertion. Goggles on. Fist, left corner. Hunter, right corner. Demon, Black, you're with me. Standard sweep. Sharp, cover our backs. The rest of you, insertion by numbers. Take, take, take!"

The Barabel and Selonian pressed themselves against the wall as the door open, then charged through, sweeping to either side as Kadis and his pair moved in, sweeping the room.

"Clear!"

Fist and Hunter acknowledged from the corners.

"Anybody home?"

"I'm on my way." Kalla replied, leaving Andorra to join the others. After Kalla had kissed her, Andorra felt as if a great burden had been lifted off her chest. Kalla was right, she needed to be more open about her feelings, starting with her feelings for Kalla.

"You wanted to see me?" Kalla asked Jun-la, curious as to why she was needed.

Jun-la felt a sisterly affection for the girl when she walked in. Kalla was young like her own youngest sister and had not yet seen the dark places of the galaxy and had a freshness about her that would have been a pity to have die out because of war. Her eyes warmed and had a light in them when she said, "It is not a punishment or anything. Rather I think it would be a way to help Master Komad."

"We would like you to contact your mother and convince her to come here," Andros added in his own quiet voice, "To perhaps give reason to your father and convince him vengeance is a dark path."

"I'll try, but I doubt I can get her to leave even if she wanted to. Mustafar is one of the most heavily contested worlds on the Outer Rim. It was a major stronghold for the Imperium of Machine during the Great Droid War, and they set up massive factories there that are still standing to this date." Kalla replied, again showing her aptitude for history. "She is not the only Jedi leading the Republic there. I'm sure she can be spared." Reyvan commented.

"Thank you for leading me to speak to Kalla directly." Andorra told Tonatius, giving him a hug to express her gratitude.

"Alright, standard sweep. Demon, Squid, Hunter, cut the power. Sharp, Skeven, Wheels, cover our backs. Fist, Lynx, you're with me."

The Bothan and Selonian nodded, readying their weapons. "Set weapons to stun. I don't want us vaporizing a civvie from a reaction shot." Kadis pressed against a wall, switching off his night vision as he did so. For the moment, it was useless, at least, until Amelia's team disabled the local power.

They were in the middle of the long and, thus far, fruitless sweep when his comlink crackled. Amelia's voice cut through, thick with static. "We're -- power station, Bo--. No res---- so -- Power?"

"Say again, Demon?"

"Re-- we are at Power -- Should -- cut?"

"Copy that, Demon. Cut the power, repeat, cut power."

"Roger, Wilco."

A thrum ran through the complex, and the lights went dead. Along with power. That should cut any land-line and holocomm transmissions, although the prospect of the Imps setting up their primary base here was unlikely, given the lack of any transmissions. He switched his goggles back on.

Fist glanced around the corner, her eyes gleaming in the darkness. "Captain, I see movement." The Selonian readied her blaster.

Kadis dropped to his belly and crawled forward. Night Vision was being uncooperative, so he pulled the goggles on and switched on a tight-beam glowlamp, illuminating something. It wasn't white stormtrooper armor, and it was moving.

"Republic Commandos. Hands where I can see them."

Tonatius accepted the hug while replying, "I didn't lead. I showed you a path and you followed." He was still touched by the sentiment since he had never hugged his brother who was with his mother on her homeworld, mobilizing and fighting.

Jun-la nodded her approval of remembering the history and said, "I concur with your master. In this situation, the closer the relationship, the better we will be."

(@JM12: Since I'm assuming you're still controlling Greea, just remember that Wrath has also been sent by Darth Virul to capture her.)

"I'll talk to her." Kalla replied, activating the transmitter. Shortly after on Mustafar, a Republic officer approached Greea. "Master Kaltas, we've just received a message for you from Amshrey. It sounds urgent." He told her.

((You want me to control her? I can considering I know her best. Whew how many characters does that make for me? ;) ))

Greea thought for a moment and voiced it, "Amshrey?" She recalled that her son was with his master traveling there as were the others of what Jun-la called the three against three though her husband had chosen not to go there. She thought a lagging thought about his choice to pursue Virul before answering, "Who is it?"

Wrath left the room without speaking another word. His new target would hopefully be more of a challenge than the governor. Wrath made his way to the armory to see if he could find anything useful. He picked up two thermal detonators, a large vibrosword, and in case things got ugly a saberdart. Wrath exited the armory and went back to his fighter from the previous mission. He refueled it and got into the cockpit once more. Within a few minutes Wrath was back in space. He punched the keys in for Mustafar and set the ship to autopilot. Wrath had fought and killed jedi before, but he had never fought a master and was excited for what she could do. He allowed himself to sleep again in order to preserve himself for the battle to come.

"It's from your daughter, I'll put her through." The officer replied and Kalla's image appeared before Greea. "Hello mother." Kalla said. "We think it would be best for you to join us on Amshrey. The situation has become much more grave, and since Dad's coming here, we think you might be the best person to help him come to his senses. I understand why he feels that way, but there's too much at stake for him to be dealing with it like this."

Greea smiled at the sight of her daughter. She knew that probably she was a good choice to get Komad to his senses. Still there was his sister and she suffered much as well and probably understood him better. She replied, "I will come as soon as I can. Meanwhile get you aunt as well. She is his sister after all."

"She's coming as well. I suggest you leave soon, even over the transmission, I sense something coming for you personally, and not a friend." Kalla replied. "I'll see you then."

After quickly checking over the records on Rhen Var one last time, Komad made his way to the Kaltas Tombs to pay his respects to his mother. After that, he stepped into his old X-38, the same one he used to escape the Restored Death Star eighteen years earlier and set course for the Avalon system. While the ship was on automatic, he made some attempt at shaving, and generally improving his overall appearance as much as possible given the circumstances.

The ship flew across space getting closer to Mustafar by the second. A small alarm went off in the cockpit which woke Wrath up as planned. He looked onto the planet nearby and lucky enough for him it was Mustafar, the only question remained was where exactly was she. Wrath used the force to feel for her and flew in her direction. The ship landed and the armored general exited the ship. She was close, Wrath could sense it. A soldier noticed the unidentified ship and approached the armored figure.

"Hey you can't be..." the soldier began.

Wrath quickly pulled out his vibrosword and stabbed him in the chest. Wrath turned to the building and kicked the door down.

"Knock Knock"

Wrath moved down the hall arriving to a specific spot; she was on the other side. Wrath forced pushed that door sending it flying.

((If that's not where she is I'll change it up and if this is happening too soon I'll fix that too))

As the image faded, Kalla said to the others, "She's on her way. Has my aunt been contacted?" She didn't actually know, and thought it'd be best for Alkea to come, even from a strategic viewpoint. Rogue Squadron would be excellent help in tracking down the governor and protecting Amshrey.

Greea nodded and replied, "I'll be there then." She watched as the image of her daughter faded and turned to her aide. She then said, "Ready my ship. We leave within the hour."

When the aide left, Greea made preparations, never once letting her defenses down. Someone was out to get her and it was confirmed by her daughter. She had a feeling that she would meet her brother again some day.

"She knows," Andros replied, "We understand each other." It was a simple statement yet held a lot of truth. It was no secret that Alkéa and Andros held each other in high regard. They both had identical experiences and they were able to understand that pain very well.

Jun-la knew this and said, "While you were talking to your mother we called her. Twins understand each other."

Kalla understood what Andros meant by this, and wondered if he too had ever lost someone he cared deeply about to Darth Virul. Though her father had also lost someone he loved to Virul, their relationship had ended decades earlier, and he had not been as stricked with grief as her aunt had. "Did you ever lose anyone to him?" She asked, only out of curiosity and not intending to offend him.

Andorra was waiting for Kalla outside, and asked Tonatius, "How long have you known?"

Andros was intrigued by the question. He had met dark beings before and he always lumped them as the same thought he knew that each one had specific tendencies. He knew the girl wasn't trying to be offensive about anything so he humored her, "Virul is one of many that succumb to the darkness. They wear the same banner but are different. Darkness claimed the mother of my children and my parents died fighting it. It is a battle that wages in all of us.

"To answer your question though, no. Your aunt and I understnad each other in that we both suffered loss. Attachments run deep and with the right amount of pressure, it bleeds like an open wound. Like your father."

Tonatius had been talking to Tiye while the others were contacting the Jedi Komad and his wife. Over the last couple of years he had gotten to know them and they him. He sensed that his cousin wished to ask him something and he turned an attentive ear. When she asked the question he pulled back to look at her as if she were silly for asking an obvious question. His expression changed quickly and he replied, "Whispers on the wind." It was a bad explanation but how could he explain that he seemed to have always known even in the brief times that they spent together. He sat back and waited for the next question.

"I don't know if Virul was even aware of the connection between that Senator and my father, but I doubt it matters now to either of them." Kalla commented. "I suppose you already know the story of how Virul split the Republic in two. I know my father hadn't felt the same way about Roan as my aunt did about Scooter, at least he hadn't in a long time, but I think the way Virul used him and then killed him made up for that."

"And did you know how she would feel about me?" Andorra then asked Tonatius. Confiding in him seemed to be something that she and Kalla had in common.

Archived