Home

Mad?

Darth_vilas

Here we have this great franchise. The KotOR franchise. It is pretty popular, and they know that a new game would sell good.

Instead of giving us a sequel to the great storyline, they give us a MMO 300 years later!

All the things I've seen of TOR look pretty nice. I like the whole idea! That is not the point. Why didn't they make te sequel first? And then come with a nice MMO.

I think they would've made a lot more money like this, and the fans finally have closure regarding Revan (and the exile but I don't like her so much =')).

We want to experience what happend to Shan, Onasi adn Bindo. Not read about it, or hear about it from a great-grand child. We don't want to go the the Jedi Temple and find out what happend to our great heroes. No, we want to experience it.

I'm still buying the game. Pure for the fact that I like it.

But I'm still 'mad' so to speak. I've been waiting for three years to hear that Revan never returned, and that Onasi was killed by a kathhound in his sleep?

Yeah me too, my guess is that when they cut the jobs and changed things up a couple years back, K3 paid the price, and now EA/bioware/LA's mind's are set on the lucrative MMO's, I suppose we are lucky in the respect that They decided to go with a KotOR related product, whether or not it was a good idea... I'm guessing we'll know in late 09 :)

As I've said many times around here, I was pretty mad when I first found out. But much like yourself, Vilas, I've come to look forward to this game. Quite a lot, actually. I'm not normally one to go for MMOs, but I certainly plan on giving it a try.
Same here. Well, I wasn't really mad, a little sad, maybe. I'm certainly looking forward to this game, no matter what. But it'll indeed be somewhat disappointing to hear the fate of the great heroes of the Mandalorian Wars & Jedi Civil War dryly coming out of one mouth, as opposed to witnessing it firsthand.

Here we have this great franchise. The KotOR franchise. It is pretty popular, and they know that a new game would sell good.

Instead of giving us a sequel to the great storyline, they give us a MMO 300 years later!

Such is the way of ,George Lucas, Lucas Arts, Lucas Films, and the great Star Wars Universe!

But at least we are getting something rather than nothing!

Same here. Well, I wasn't really mad, a little sad, maybe. I'm certainly looking forward to this game, no matter what. But it'll indeed be somewhat disappointing to hear the fate of the great heroes of the Mandalorian Wars & Jedi Civil War dryly coming out of one mouth, as opposed to witnessing it firsthand.

Actually, I like it better that we don't witness it - it adds even more mystery to the characters. What I've always loved most about Revan wasn't that I could make him my own, but that we ultimately know very little about him for sure. I love mysterious figures with unknown pasts. Just look at my screen name. :xp:

I think they would even made more money if they created KotOR3 first, and then the MMO.
It isn't a question of whether they would make more money in total, it is more a question of the profits after the development costs have been accounted for.

Archived