Home

December '08: The Secrets of the Holidays

Hello Everyone and here is the December Topic!

The Topic is....

Secrets of the Holiday

Any type of secret can be written about in this competition. Anything ranging from Darth Vader's secret love of turkey to the hidden sectors of space! So, decide the secret of your story, and get writing!

From,

Sir CommanderQ

On a note this is specific for the holidays. You can pick any holiday in our regular calendar or even make it up. The change is due to the fact that the topic secrets was used before. So have fun--JM12

Secrets it is. The deadline for this month's entries is December 15 so think of the greatest secret that has yet to be told and have a Happy Holidays.

As a special added bonus, I am adding an art category to this month's competition. It is simple, artists can create a drawing that reflects the topic. They will post a thread like the fanfic ones and people can vote on who they like they best. There will be a section in Javyar's Hall of Fame for the artist's who win. I will put an announcement in the art subforum so frequent artist's can try their hand--JM12

Perhaps we can make it a more specific kind of secret so it is not exactly the same.

How about, since we are rolling around the holiday season, we make this a competition about holiday secrets? If there is a specific gift that Han tries to keep from Leia, etc, write or draw about it.

It can be any holiday you wish, just have fun with it.

CommanderQ if that is alright we can change it to Holiday Secrets. Let me know.

mshcherbatskaya, you can just post it as a non-contest fic :) Or just post in TJC anyway, I always like an original spin on things!

CommanderQ, it's generally a good idea to give a topic and leave it open to interpretation with as little restrictions as possible so that we can have entries done in different styles.

I'm Against The Doctor and Endo?! I have no chance...

Just out of curiosity...will the stories that we submited to the contest be reviewed in the entertainment center?

Yes, eventually. Part of my backlog of unreviewed stories for or more pages back is because I don't always get a chance to read every story in Jayvar's Cantina. I will get to it eventually. If you want it sooner, as I have said several times, is to send me a pm.

Archived