Home

A Third Batman Movie Rumors.

LordOfTheFish

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My impression of why The Dark Knight was a success is due to the death of Heath Ledger. We saw it with the Crow, and now we see it with Batman. People flocked to this movie to see the last character Ledger played. Why wasn't Batman Begins a great success, and then suddenly The Dark Knight was? It was because of Health Ledger.

Actually Ledger's last film will be The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.

Actually Ledger's last film will be The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.
I don't expect that very many people who aren't film geeks would know that though.

Not that I wish to support Yar-El's assertion in any way shape or form. I think the argument that The Dark Knight was only successful because of Heath Ledger's death is flimsy at best.

I don't expect that very many people who aren't film geeks would know that though.

Yeah, you're probably right, Achilles. *Ashamed of Movie Geek status* :)

Not that I wish to support Yar-El's assertion in any way shape or form. I think the argument that The Dark Knight was only successful because of Heath Ledger's death is flimsy at best.

There's a lot more to The Dark Knight than just Heath Ledger's performance. His performance is an integral part of the film, but it's not just about Heath Ledger.

I'm not saying people can't dislike it, but it's not just Heath Ledger that makes the film great.

My impression of why The Dark Knight was a success is due to the death of Heath Ledger. We saw it with the Crow, and now we see it with Batman. People flocked to this movie to see the last character Ledger played. Why wasn't Batman Begins a great success, and then suddenly The Dark Knight was? It was because of Health Ledger.

Why do you think Dark Knight was such a success? Because Batman Begins relaunched the franchise - Batman was pretty much dead after two horribly pathetic filmds.

Enjoy the laugh everyone. :lol:

Link

I'm crying, not laughing.

I don't believe it! Christian Bale has already stated that he will not return if Robin his used in the next movie, because he thinks Robin is stupid.

Yeah, I'd heard that too, and hope its true; Batman is better as the brooding loner.

There's a lot more to The Dark Knight than just Heath Ledger's performance. His performance is an integral part of the film, but it's not just about Heath Ledger.

I'm not saying people can't dislike it, but it's not just Heath Ledger that makes the film great.

QFT

You guys like red. I like green. I'm oky with the differences in opinion. We will need someway to test our theories. I guess we will have to wait for the third movie's box office ticket sales reports.

Meh; Batman 3 will be a massive hit regardless - Dark Knight was a massive hit. Depends what your looking for in a film...

Both AvP and AvP2 grossed massive ammounts even though I've done better, more artistic things in the toilet.

So depends what your judging it on, no? As I can predict now boxoffice sales will be massive :xp:

If you ask me, Harlequin should be in: her origin story will fit in perfectly with the movie: a criminal psychiatrist who falls in love with the Joker. Might be repetitive to have another character of the same sort, so Nolan will have to add some sort of a personality twist on her.

Man-Bat should also be an awesome villain. Bruce's ally when in his human form and villain when in his Bat form. He'll look awesome, too.

I remember Nolan said something like they originally had the Penguin planned out as a British arms dealer. I dunno, but the idea sounds kind of awesome. In any case, I'm quite sure that Nolan won't do the Penguin as Burton did. *shudder*

If you ask me, Harlequin should be in: her origin story will fit in perfectly with the movie: a criminal psychiatrist who falls in love with the Joker. Might be repetitive to have another character of the same sort, so Nolan will have to add some sort of a personality twist on her.

Man-Bat should also be an awesome villain. Bruce's ally when in his human form and villain when in his Bat form. He'll look awesome, too.

I remember Nolan said something like they originally had the Penguin planned out as a British arms dealer. I dunno, but the idea sounds kind of awesome. In any case, I'm quite sure that Nolan won't do the Penguin as Burton did. *shudder*

Those characters would definately fit in with this Batman, they just have the right profile and story, especially with the finishing of The Dark Knight. Harelquinn would definatlely work well.

Those characters would definately fit in with this Batman, they just have the right profile and story, especially with the finishing of The Dark Knight. Harelquinn would definatlely work well.

But for harley to work she would have to be alot darker then the DC comics Harley. I just can't see her in that sort of character

There is no way we'll see Man-bat or any other mutated villain, it does not fit within the universe of realism they have established. Sure a superhero and supervillains aren't very real in the first place :p but in Batman Begins, they altered Ra's al Ghul and Scarecrow to more believable characters (Ra's was not literally immortal in the movie). Same with the Joker really, instead of falling into a vat of chemicals to give him his appearance and insanity, he was just a crazy.

True, there's probably no way to make man-bat believable then, unless they resort to the classic test-subject-gone-wrong tactic, which they probably won't use. Though, I imagine they could come up with something really realistic if they wanted to. This universe is much darker than any other Batman movies.

I would hope they wouldn't do a film without Nolan (though they will as its a cash cow) - hopefully he'll sign on! I just think it would go badly wrong without him, though I think Bale has had an influential role in the formation of this Batman, and has said he wouldn't do one with a 'Robin' - spoils the brooding, injured, heroic loner Batman they've created.

It would work if it were a younger Dick Grayson and they threw in Zuckoah (however you spell the name).

Grayson underwent the same trauma that Bruce went through.

There is another character who has never ever been in a Batman movie. I'm sure some here know about her; however, she would fit in this universe nicely. She has a backgroud where DC hasn't fully embraced an origin story.

The Huntress - Helena Bertinelli

Huntress91.png

Its a female's turn. :xp:

Archived