Home

Terminator Salvation

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think that Nick Stahl's a bad actor at all, and Claire Daines is excellent. It's just that there didn't seem to be a lot of thought put into the writing of T3's script.

I disagree with those that don't think Bale and Reeves can act. IMO, they simply have less empathic, dry characters. I think Bale is going to do great for the following reason:

Remember the Sarah Connor Chronicles? That got killed by focusing on character development and the actors' ability to act rather than action. A show or movie about killer robots needs to be more action than acting based or it'll get killed.

Why did T3 get killed? It covered the acting and action perfectly, but frankly the plot was pointless. Nothing was resolved. T: Salvation obviously won't have that problem, which is why I'm hopeful.

Nothing was resolved? It showed how John got his wife, showed the results of T2, showed how skynet becomes activated, and how John and Kate survive the nuclear war.

Nothing was resolved? It showed how John got his wife, showed the results of T2, showed how skynet becomes activated, and how John and Kate survive the nuclear war.

Bolded the part where T3 loses people, T2's ending was all but telling us that there was going to be no Judgment day, there even was an ending that had John Connor become a politician, if I recall correctly it was in the T2 book. T3 throws all that in the faces of people with the "there is nothing you can do to stop Judgment Day" junk, hence why it is considered more than sub-par by most. T3 is good for smash em ups sure, and the hottie Terminatrix, but it has some major flaws.

Exactly. I was under the impression that the characters in T2 had averted that future and that everything was kosher. I figured that there would never be another Terminator film after 2.

They just can't let franchises die with honor, can they?

George? :smirk2:

Bolded the part where T3 loses people, T2's ending was all but telling us that there was going to be no Judgment day, there even was an ending that had John Connor become a politician, if I recall correctly it was in the T2 book. T3 throws all that in the faces of people with the "there is nothing you can do to stop Judgment Day" junk, hence why it is considered more than sub-par by most. T3 is good for smash em ups sure, and the hottie Terminatrix, but it has some major flaws.

Really? I was always under the impression that T2 didn't really solve anything. If they averted judgment day, their entire universe would probably impode on itself because the reason judgment was stopped was due to a being that... came after judgment day.

The probable I have with the story is that they managed to actually -stall- judgment day, which makes even less sense than stopping it altogether. If it was inevitable, which it was due to their time line, then there should have been infinite circumstances in which it could happen on that exact date no matter what is done.

That is assuming, however, that time works that way.

Yeah, you know what, screw the story :p

"A handsom woman" lol Are you from the 1800s? xD "Handsome" is a polite way of saying a woman isnt all that hot... Unless you meant that, then carry on.

I disagree to an extend. A short haired blonde in a tux or male dress suit, or a look similar could be considered handsome as well as pretty. That is if we are using the masculine social take on the word, as the definition of handsome simply refers to someone who is attractive and healthy looking.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/handsome

Examples:

http://www.hairstyles123.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/short-hair-styles-prom-cuts-of-sedu.jpg

http://z.hubpages.com/u/272470_f520.jpg

http://z.hubpages.com/u/272467_f520.jpg

Handsome girls are purdy ^.^

T3 was a prequel, not a sequel, so it doesnt count as coming after the other movies.

Whatever your smokin Aash I'll have some please... :p

Really? I was always under the impression that T2 didn't really solve anything. If they averted judgment day, their entire universe would probably impode on itself because the reason judgment was stopped was due to a being that... came after judgment day.

The probable I have with the story is that they managed to actually -stall- judgment day, which makes even less sense than stopping it altogether. If it was inevitable, which it was due to their time line, then there should have been infinite circumstances in which it could happen on that exact date no matter what is done.

That is assuming, however, that time works that way.

No the future was not set, that is John's message to his mother in T1, through Kyle Reese. It was the story point of T2.

No stalling Judgment Day, there was no Judgment Day after T2, the ending with John Connor becoming a senator is in the book, Sarah older even looks into the existence of Kyle Reese, he's living in Colorado or something if I recall correctly. Either way the ending as the movie has it eliminates the possibility of there being a Judgment day they tied up all the loose ends.

The novel also included the part in the gas station with the chip that they added back in for the DVD release, so is a scene in the future hinting to the T-1000 and has the older apocalyptic John selecting the Terminator to send back to protect him. Some cool stuff.

Yeah, you know what, screw the story :p

Yup pretty much what the writers of T3 said, and it lost them fans because of it.

This is pretty much the only reason I could find about why Judgement Day was only stalled:

Despite the destruction of Cyberdyne's headquarters, the timeline is only slightly altered: after the destruction of the company's headquarters, Cyberdyne Systems's patents were obtained by the U.S. Government, with another technological corporation Cyber Research Systems. Skynet continues to be developed by the company for SAC-NORAD, and ultimately, Judgment Day occurs, just at a later date than it would have originally.

EDIT: Originaly James Cameron supported T3, and he advised Schwarzenegger to just do the third film, and ask for "nothing less than $30 million. But after the movies he said it was he never planned to do a third film, despite announcing one several times before his rights were sold.

This is pretty much the only reason I could find about why Judgement Day was only stalled:

The novel and the original planned ending let alone the end of T2 would seem to refute that...

EDIT: Originaly James Cameron supported T3, and he advised Schwarzenegger to just do the third film, and ask for "nothing less than $30 million. But after the movies he said it was he never planned to do a third film, despite announcing one several times before his rights were sold.

Source? (Curious because I heard different.)

Archived