Home

Terminator Salvation

Trailer

I was pretty doubtful about this movie when I first heard they were making another one, but with this new trailer and the fact that Christian Bale is playing John, I'm starting to think it'll be pretty kickass. I seriously doubt it could be worse than the last one, though.

I don't think there's an official rating yet, but last I heard, they were going for a PG-13. What you think about this?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone else notice that Bale can't act? Something to think about.

QFT.

If Ledger hadn't been absolutely flawless with Joker, Bale would have killed the Dark Knight, even with Cain and Freeman onboard. He reminds me of Reeves, except without the redeeming fact that he was pinned to an amazing trilogy as the lead protagonist.

He reminds me of Reeves, except without the redeeming fact that he was pinned to an amazing trilogy as the lead protagonist.

... No, Reeves' redeeming quality is the fact that he's found a nice little niche in the stuningly-overrated-movie-with-an-expressionless-protagonist genre.

Anyone else notice that Bale can't act? Something to think about.

I think The Doctor is onto something. Bale is a pretty good actor; however, he has played the same character type in most of his films.

American Psycho

Reign of Fire

Batman Begins

Batman Begins - The Dark Knight

Terminator Salvation

All he did is put on some new clothes. Most of his characters have similar mental conflictions as a motivation. Terminator Salvation's trailer looks eerily similar to Transformers meets Reign of Fire. Terminator started off as a science fiction horror film. Now its a science fiction film with a non threatening element.

I will see Salvation in the theater; however, the original Terminator premise is gone. I already read factish articles about the ending, and it will piss off a lot of fans.

Possible major spoiler on ending -

John Connor is replaced by a machine reprogramed to take the original human's place as a symbol. {Sounds like a Batman element in this movie.}

Yeah, I fail to see how any of his characters are the same, besides a couple of them being rich businessmen. And you have left our quite a few of his movies in which his characters are not at all the same. It's fine if you don't like his movies or don't like him for whatever reason but you cannot reasonably tell me he is a bad actor. Yes, this is coming from the biggest Balehead here but I think I'm still being reasonable. :p

How, exactly, are Bruce Wayne/Batman, Patrick Bateman, and John Connor at all similar?

And I'm pretty sure that rumored ending was killed a very long time ago.

Batman/Bruce Wayne - Psychologically scared from his parent's death; thus, he is driven to extreme levels of darkness to save Gothem. He becomes a symbol of hope. Lives a secret life. Billionaire Yuppie and Dark Knight. Bruce Wayne is a womanizer at time.

John Connor - Psychologically traumatized from the dark reality behind becoming the savior of the world. Is also conflicted with his mother's death, and the death of millions of lives. Is considered by those in the future to be a symbol of hope. Lives a secret life in current day; however, becomes another person in the future.

Patrick Bateman - Psychologically split into two people as well. Lives a secret life. Investment banker and serial killer. Bateman is a womanizer. Enters a level of darkness to find escape.

All of the characters are driven by psychological issues. They live two different lives. One in hidding, and the other for the public.

Yeah, I fail to see how any of his characters are the same, besides a couple of them being rich businessmen. And you have left our quite a few of his movies in which his characters are not at all the same. It's fine if you don't like his movies or don't like him for whatever reason but you cannot reasonably tell me he is a bad actor. Yes, this is coming from the biggest Balehead here but I think I'm still being reasonable. :p

Who said I hated his movies? I loved Reign of Fire and Batman Begins.

How, exactly, are Bruce Wayne/Batman, Patrick Bateman, and John Connor at all similar?

And I'm pretty sure that rumored ending was killed a very long time ago.

Its part of a trilogy; thus, I'm sure there will be changes.

That kind of sounds like acting when you put it that way.

Arnold did something similar. He plays the same character type in most of his movies. Plus look at my post #17. Did I say bad acting or not able to act at all? I pointed out why The Doctor maybe seeing him as a actor who can't act. His acting pallete could be limited.

Interesting posts above, you guys seem to be quite positive.

I'm not that positive, however. In my opinion the series should have ended in T2 -- (damn you Jonathan Mostow ;P) I don't have a problem with Bale though.

I'm really not liking the art direction they took with Salvation, I'm quite shocked actually that they seem to engage in a lot of activity during the day -- which according to Kyle Reese is exactly what you don't do. You stay in hiding during the day and move around during the night. Also, who the hell came up with the idea to use a Transformers-ish Harvester/Terminator? and where did they get those choppers etc?

If you

the original Terminator movie with the atmosphere of the new one you can see just how much of a difference the daylight scenes make in terms of atmosphere and "fear" factor.

I'll definitely go see Salvation when it comes out, but I don't have high hopes for it.

Archived