Home

zOMG! GW Bush and the Flying Shoe

Astrotoy7

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know, try as I might, I still don't understand this...

What has Executing Saddam -a man who doesn't deserve the term and has undoubtedly earned his fate several times over- have to do with 'Progressing'?

Some people feel that the death penalty is an antiquated and regressive means of punishment. To them anyone that doesn't think the death penalty is wrong, is backwards.

Me personally, I just feel bad that they couldn't kill him more times.

"An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind."

An eye for two eyes will only make half the world blind.

Anyway, once you assume that position, how are you going to enforce any type of law. Not all criminals are nutjobs, I'll agree, however -at least in the US- our prisons have more repeat prisoners than first-timers.

What does that tell you?

To me, at least, it tells me that the consequences of an action aren't high enough.

Anyway, once you assume that position, how are you going to enforce any type of law. Not all criminals are nutjobs, I'll agree, however -at least in the US- our prisons have more repeat prisoners than first-timers.

What does that tell you?

To me, at least, it tells me that the consequences of an action aren't high enough.

and norway has one of the lowest crime rates in the world with a maximum prison sentence of 21 years. that tells me the consequences for criminal behavior implemented in the u.s. now aren't effective and the logic behind them is flawed.

What does that tell you?

Tells me that our rehabilitation programs for prisoners are ineffective.

and norway has one of the lowest crime rates in the world with a maximum prison sentence of 21 years. that tells me the consequences for criminal behavior implemented in the u.s. now aren't effective and the logic behind them is flawed.

QFE.

_EW_

Archived