Home

zOMG! GW Bush and the Flying Shoe

Astrotoy7

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to what I heard on the news this morning, the reporter's "personal gripe" was that he lost family in the war somehow. Opinion: unfortunate, though I'd rather see him throwing his footwear at a terrorist, or perhaps he could have taken Saddam Hussein's beret off with a shoe a few years ago? /opinion Furthermore, he was apparently uninvited to the session.

I think he should be fired for the simple fact that he's a reporter and can't be relied upon to deliver unbiased reporting when he's throwing shoes at people he doesn't like, on duty or no. That, of course, isn't taking into account the fact that he just committed an aggravated assault on a world leader. In America and many other countries, that would certainly be met with an arrest. Not sure how Iraqi law interprets this.

On a lighter note, thank you Pastrami for showcasing that video. I laughed out loud....loud. I'm laughing just thinking about it. :D

Ya, I watched that on the news this morning. I was really surprised at the slow reaction time of the secret service.

What, no Secret Service snipers anywhere in the room? What about Secret Service ninjas?

You can just tell Bush was up practicing his dodging skills all night, that's like a super-dodge.

Been watching a lot of Matrix movies.

I saw this clip when it happened. When my father saw it he said that you couldn't blame the guy for trying to bean Bush. Besides the sole of a shoe as being an insult, calling someone a dog or a pig is really bad.

You know if it had been Saddam that guy would have been executed, probably through torture. What that guy did was not free speech, it was assault.

You're saying that Saddam's methods of responding to this should set the precedent for the Bush administration's? I don't like Bush, but even I'll acknowledge that Bush wouldn't order this guy's death for throwing a shoe. Not even Bush is that right-wing. :dozey:

It's not like throwing a shoe can do any serious damage. If it had hit him, Bush would've had a nice shiny bruise on his face, at worst. It was not assault. :dozey:

Archived