Home

The Ayers thread

jrrtoken

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've confused nothing I can find evidence to prove MSNBC has absolutely no credibility just by who they used to cover the conventions as "objective journalists" and some other stuff.

But Fox News is the absolute voice of logic and reason, with absolutely no bias whatsoever. Right.

FoxNews' reporting in the regular news segments is considered factual. The opinion reporting and commentators such as O'Reilly and Hannity are indeed biased to the conservative, but the reporting of the news itself is accurate.

No.

And that's just one case. I'll go look up some more if you'd like.

Point Man said something like this and I about fell over laughing, morbid as that is.

Actually, I would like to chat with Ayers to get an idea of the motivations behind his activities with the Weather movement from the man himself. First and foremost I would like to know from the source if their goal was to kill and maim or merely making a statement using the stupidest methodology imaginable.

Look if the accusation of MSNBC trying to deliberately disrupt the Republican Convention is true, it doesn't give MSNBC much in the way of credibility.

I would argue about your biased "truth", and lack of substantial sources, but you're in the wrong thread. This is the Ayers discussion.

*points to the name of the thread*

^_^

Thanks, Achilles. I'll be sure to check it out the next time I'm on a broadband connection.
You're welcome and I hope you do get the chance. My apologies for linking you to something you can't access.

I don't know if there are better resources available, however here is a partial transcript (these are the final minutes of the interview):

Terry Gross: A lot of people have called you an unrepentant terrorist. I think a lot people want to hear you make a full fledged apology for some of your actions with the Weather Underground, such as bombing the Pentagon. So I want you, now that we have heard a lot of your story, to give us your answer to that.

William Ayers: Well you know my answer is that the kind of culture of apology doesn' t appeal to me. If I had something specific to think about apologizing for I might. But it's kind of a blanket statement that what we did was so extreme and so wrong that I ought to just say it was crazy.

I respond by thinking that it would be a good thing if everyone from that era stood up and said 'This is what I did'. Some people were official apologists for that murderous policy in Vietnam. Some people participated in it, some people made the decisions. We opposed it and our opposition took an extreme form. It was never terrorism because it never targeted and never in fact resulted in death or injury to anyone. We were issuing a screaming response to murder and to terror. And I think we were right in that. I don't think everything that we did was brilliant. And as I said, some of the examples of kind of extreme violence and property destruction could be challenged as stupid, backwards, misguided and so on, but I don't think they can be conflated with terrorism, nor should they be. And I think that I don't feel any real regret for taking actions against this war. But again I'd be happy to stand up and measure what I did and what was negative and bad with what I did with what other people did.

Looking backward I don't see who did the right thing and who can claim that this is the proper way to end the war. Clearly we are involved in a war now. Clearly I'm not advocating any kind of action that is illegal and I've been involved in the anti-war movement from the beginning. However, I don't know if any of us know how to stop this war in Iraq. We seem to be stalled. We seem unable to take the next step. And I'm hoping that we can continue to build a movement, an independent movement for peace that can put pressure on the new administration to do the right, to do the right thing.

Terry Gross: Bill Ayers thank you so much for talking with us.

William Ayers: Thank you Terry.

Here is the link with the transcript I copied above. Yes, it's a blog. :D

Archived