Home

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Watchmen Thread

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Yes. Can't wait.

Watchmen is the best piece of literature I've ever read, graphic novel or not.

Also, everyone's pissing about Manhattan's voice. You think he'd try to isolate himself from the people he loves more by talking like a robot.

Smon, get on so we can talk about Watchmen...

I believe Manhattan should have a slightly altered voice.

Their reasoning for giving him a normal voice was that he would try to put people at ease.

If he was trying to do that he wouldn't be naked and blue all the time.

No.

I'm not condemning him. Hell, he's my desktop. I'm just saying that I prefer some characters to him because he's the obvious choice as a badass.

&Smon, I actually have a friend who refuses to read it because "There's a naked blue guy in it." & When he goes out with the majority of people, he puts undies on...

I hate to say this and be a failure, but as much of a fruit as he is, I'm partial to Ozymandias. Because I sort of like the idea of...

the villian who thinks they're doing good & being a hero but are really f*cking everything up majorly.

PLUS BUBASTIS.

I thought he was okay, almost romantic in the novel. He looks gay in the movie.

I thought he was okay, almost romantic in the novel. He looks gay in the movie.

I guess I understand the costume change. Compared to other costumes, his seems almost silly in the comic. But nipples were unnecessary. It also blows because as a brunette. Matthew Goode (the guy who plays him) is very attractive.

&Smon, you do have a point. He did end up saving the world... But even in the end, he questions the morality of what he did. I know morality isn't really an issue, but that unity can only last so long if you think about it from a perspective.

Archived