Home

Guitar Hero: Metallica

Da_man

Alright, how many of you guys played the demo and liked it?

I can honestly say it sucks, IMO. For one thing, no Cliff Burton. :carms:

They just went, “Ehhh.” They didn’t want to make [current bassist] Rob Trujillo feel like he wasn’t as important a part of the band as he is.

Source

I'm really miffed that Cliff isn't going to be in it.

Also, I've takenm a good look at the setlist, and I can say about half of the songs aren't by Metallica. There are 49 songs, and a grand total of 28 are Metallica songs. Among the "other artists" are Lynyrd Skynyrd, Bob Seger, Queen, and Foo Fighters. I don't want to play Alice in Chains, I want to play Metallica, dammit.

Source

I will give Neversoft a pat on the back for not making all the songs the sucky ones from St. Anger. I still wish that they put in more songs from Master of Puppets or Kill 'em All, but it doesn't suck as much as it could.

You're thoughts?

This is the best example of how Activision milks every single one of their franchises for everything they are possibly worth and then some. In 2008 there were six Guitar Hero games released and in 2009 there are four currently announced. So sick of seeing more expansions and spinoffs of this series.

^^^

QFT

Unfortunately, people will buy it, cause it's Guitar Hero. It's sort of like what EA does to any of their sports series, Nintendo with Mario, as well as Square Enix and Final Fantasy: Create sequels, prequels, spin-offs and sub-series ad nauseam.

I hate Guitar Hero and Rock Band... makes little kids think they know what good music is, and makes them think that they are Rock Stars.

I have a buddy who I was teaching guitar to... but then he bought Rock Band.

On a related note that's too bad Cliff isn't featured in the game...then again, maybe Metallica doesn't want to turn Cliff into a corporate whore while he's dead. ;)

To be honest, I've lost a lot of my interest in Guitar Hero and Rock Band games. For the longest time, I worked hard to get to where I could play just about everything on expert, and now it just feels like the same thing over and over again. I still play sometimes, it's just not the same.

At this point, I'd rather use the money I'd use to buy one of these games to buy and learn how to play an actual guitar.

Don't you dare ever say you don't want to play Alice in Chains, AIC are awesome :carms:

I'll play it on my real guitar, real bass, and real drum kit ;)

And they WERE awesome. RIP Layne Thomas Staley

I would say the same thing, but it is a crappy song that sounds like something from Hootie and the Blowfish.

Man in the Box sounds like a Hootie and the Blowfish song? :confused:

Don't even think for a second that William Duvall is as good as Staley was. :xp:

Note the last part in my post.

And besides, he may not have done that good in that clip, but he is absolutely, insanely awesome, lets just agree Rob Halford is the ultimate metal vocalist :D

Ever since playing guitar hero 3 got me into playing real guitar i havent bothered with these games... I actually havent done much besides playing my kramer for the last 3 months, and i am actually getting the hang of it. I got a pirated guitar pro from a friend, who got it from his bass teacher who got it from his friend who downloaded it from pirate bay:xp: and im learning some actually difficult songs like stuff by ensiferum now.

Archived