Home

New Head

Sithspecter

Pretty good head SS :)

As far as texturing can go, I'd say try to cut back on the hair painted on the forehead. Do a little trimming of the eyebrows (He almost has a unibrow!), and, unless Revan just shaved before waking up on the Endar Spire, I'd say make some changes to the beard.

Very well detailed, but as everyone else is saying the beard and eyebrows don't work IMO. A goatee would be cool, and perhaps if you make him a little less scruffy....

Also, this would be a cool unique appearance for an NPC in your Sleheyron mod. Perhaps you can get someone to do the VOs? KOTOR mods need less aliens and more humans with unique personas...IMO. :D

The first one is certainly more unique than the second. He looks more like a regular, average guy; rather than the idealized Hollywood handsome that most characters look like (Carth for example). The second one leans more toward the idealized style, and as a result is less unique. Both would work well in the game, in different NPC situations.

The beard is well done in the second, but the stubble of the first looked a little too much like acne scarring. The triangle shaped bangs are problematic, so I understand why you tried painting hair on the forehead, even though it doesn't quite work. Perhaps putting a little bit of subtle shadow on the forehead (not too dark, contrasty or crisp) might optically "blend" the hair in a bit? Right now the hair strands are quite dark, and really stand out from the lighter skin (too much contrast).

The beard is well done in the second, but the stubble of the first looked a little too much like acne scarring. The triangle shaped bangs are problematic, so I understand why you tried painting hair on the forehead, even though it doesn't quite work. Perhaps putting a little bit of subtle shadow on the forehead (not too dark, contrasty or crisp) might optically "blend" the hair in a bit? Right now the hair strands are quite dark, and really stand out from the lighter skin (too much contrast).

Hmm... the shadow is really a good idea. I think I will try that and see how it turns out.

Hmm... the shadow is really a good idea. I think I will try that and see how it turns out.

I just thought of the Republic officers and soldiers who wear hats and helmets. I think that they have a greyish shadow on thier faces to simulate the shade that the brims of thier hats would throw. I can't remember exactly the name of the texture, but it might be N_repoff.tga (or similar). That might make for a decent example.

Archived