Home

Terminator Terminated!

Darth Groovy

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/05/17/terminator-the-sarah-connor-chronicles-canceled/18840

While I should be sad...I did see it coming. After a kick ass action packed first season (which I own on blu-ray), it fell apart on Season two. With little to no action, horrible throw away characters, confusing sub-plots, and over all bad writing. Such a waste. Those main actors were all well cast too.

I feel especially bad for Summer Glau who seems to have a hard time with TV shows. First Firefly and now this. I think she did her best at playing the stoic Terminator sent to protect young John Conner's life, but the whole "damaged chip" sub plot made her seem trivial and stupid in most occasions. The "end" of season two made me even more confused than ever. Sadly it will never pan out ever again. In my opinion, bad writing and the introduction of too many out of place characters

(though most of which were killed off by the end of Season 2) absolutely killed this series from being nothing less than brilliant.

This goes back to what acdcfanbill and I were discussing on LucasCast. There is a huge void of Sci-Fi in television now that needs to be filled. I can only hope that JJ Abrams, with his new found success, has enough clout to re-launch Star Trek back onto network television. Otherwise damn.

All credits go to my good friend acdcfanbill for bringing this to my attention. I am kind of glad I heard this from him first, because he shares my pain on this matter.

I demand some good Sci-Fi back on TV soon, and preferably something without Joss Whedon's silly mug on it. :(

Oh damn, honestly didn't see that coming. Well, I thought it was cancel material but I thought it would keep going after seeing it go for a bit.

I liked Season one, and what they were initially doing. Then it just got convoluted, then annoying to watch. In concept I liked the story. In execution it was a flop.

I'm with you on Summer. I love seeing her act, but hopefully we'll be able to see her in something else.

After seeing where it was headed though, I'm glad its dead.

It was bound to happen sooner or later, same thing will most likely occur with Whedon's Dollhouse and Hurwitz's Sitdown, Shut Up (the latter may get picked up by Adult Swim). I was surprised that the War at home, and that Brad Garret show lasted as long as they did.

Archived