Home

Complete Indy Fate of Atlantis Labyrinth Map

LordTrilobite

I decided to make a complete map of the Labyrinth on Knossos, Crete in Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (since I could not find any on the internet).

So I played through all the paths, took the needed screenshots and put this together. Even though it's not that hard to navigate your way through the labyrinth, I thought it might come useful anyway. When I was done making screenshots the count came up to 45 different locations and 53 doorways (including the secret ones). The goldenguy appears four times throughout the Labyrinth which can be seen on the map with screenshots.

Warning, these are VERY big images.

It also includes many spoilers and hidden passages. The doors, including hidden ones, are drawn open.

Map with screenshots from the game.

Easy to use, paths are marked with colours.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Labyrinth03.jpg

A vanilla map without screenshots.

This one may be harder to figure out, but it shows the complete layout of the Labyrinth, it also leaves some challenge left. The three different paths are not marked in anyway, but they are present on the map. Passages that connect the rooms, but are not visible ingame, are darker compared to the ingame rooms.

Show spoiler
Labyrinth05.jpg

Wow...wish I had you to show me this about 11 years ago when I continually got lost...

I first played FoA somewhere in the 90s, but I never finished it. It was only recently that I had a go at it and finished the games, liking it so much I replayed it twice immediatly. :D

Have you never seen the labyrinth map that's in the Hint Book? Someone really ought to scan that...

I've seen the hintbook, but I don't really remember any map of the labyrinth.

Regardless, I didn't find one on the internet. So here's my version.

Sorry I couldn't make it years ago :p

Btw, does anyone know if some of the hidden oricalcum detected doors are different in different playthroughs? Since I only played through it three times I can't really know, appart from some doors being closed in some paths, there was only one real difference. The room behind doorway 22 is a dead end in Team and Wits path, while it has two other exits in Fists.

Edit: feck, I just noticed that I forgot to add a line to doorway 29 on Fists path, though it's easy enough to see where it goes, the room is right above it.

There's a point in the Team Path where you have to get Sophia to hand over her necklace before you can find the hidden secret door. Which room the door is in changes each game; there's a network of four linked rooms and it's randomly placed in one of them.

K, here's an updated version. I added some missing lines on Team and Fist paths. The rooms where the Hidden door Nr. 49 is placed randomly still have the old screenshots since I only played through it once on each path recently. I'd have to re-play it again a few times on team path to get all the locations. So for now I just added the line-links to the next room.

Show spoiler
Labyrinth02.jpg

K, here's an updated version. I added some missing lines on Team and Fist paths. The rooms where the Hidden door Nr. 49 is placed randomly still have the old screenshots since I only played through it once on each path recently. I'd have to re-play it again a few times on team path to get all the locations. So for now I just added the line-links to the next room.

Show spoiler
Labyrinth02.jpg

Thnx. Oh and what are the red paths?

thanks for the map, you may also make it a website friendly I guess.

I mean, you may design that map on a page, and we may click on the room pictures to look closer. When I was checking your map, I just wanted to do that, click on images and examine all the rooms :D

Thnx. Oh and what are the red paths?

The red lines are available on all three paths.

I started with only red lines (with the Indy map style in mind :D) but I figured it would be more userfriendly if I coloured the different paths. And it did help, looked like a mess when everything was still red. :p

thanks for the map, you may also make it a website friendly I guess.

I mean, you may design that map on a page, and we may click on the room pictures to look closer. When I was checking your map, I just wanted to do that, click on images and examine all the rooms

Yeah it's a bit big :3

But like I said, I'm gonna try to make a top down map of it. Though for that I need to figure out how all the rooms are rotated in relation to eachother. My guess right now is that it will look rather circular. I wonder if the developers had any map plan in mind when they made it...

Anyway, with this version, if you save it and view it in photoshop or whatever you can zoom in. It's .jpg so there is some compression, but the rooms are the original resolution. So it's only maybe a little blurred.

Wow, excellent! With your permission I'll put it up on IndyJones.net sometime this week!

Sure, wouldn't be much use if I wanted to keep the map to myself. since I know most of the Labyrinth by heart by now. So go ahead :p

I'm rotating the rooms now, so I can see how everything really fits together.

So far with about nine rooms it already starts to make sense, it's really amazing, almost makes me think the developers actually had a complete layout planned.

Edit: It seems that in the first part, before you pick a 3path specific route to the map room, the first few rooms all revolve around the Minotaur statue room.

Looking forward to the final result! (Maybe I could add it to my perennially unfinished guide? :))

Of course, it's always good to have everything as complete as possible.

Also, one other thing you might want to considder to include, the reason I got stuck the first time in FoA was on Team Path driving the sub, actually locating the airlock wasn't hard, but I had so much trouble finding the right position from which the sub was able to enter the airlock that I eventually gave up. Only years later (this year) did I finaly manage to properly drive the sub in to the airlock.

I've looked all over the internet, and not one of the walkthroughs had any tips or hints how to manuever the sub in to the airlock.

When I finaly did find out, I found that first you have to be in the right layer (front to back), which itself isn't that hard to find, since when you go back one layer you'll be visually behind the airlock. But the tricky part was that you actually had to move back a little so that the sub was sorta guided in by some sort of ramp that led up to the airlock.

So anyway, it would be nice to have a walkthrough with this particular hint around somewhere on the internet for people who have the same problem.

Also, the final map, will be like any other real map, so there will be no real screenshots to compare rooms to, only the layouts and number of doors to help you see where exactly you are.

Now, this might make the map a little harder to read, but on the other hand, this will make it more interesting, since it's not just a walkthrough from A to B, but rather a map with hints that you need to figure out by yourself, leaving part of the challenge intact.

Here's a quick preview...

It's a mess right now, I rotated some of the rooms so all the doorways fit up with their counterparts.

Labyrinth03preview.jpg

Since not everything matches up as nicely as I had hoped, some doorways must have short tunnels from to fit together, instead of just being one archway.

but anyway, with now all the rooms rotated accordingly I'll start moving them about to fit everything nice and tightly.

One thing that doesn't seem right btw, is that if I take the markerstone from the Fists path at the end of the Labyrinth, which points north. Meaning that on this map, North is down. But outside of the Labyrinth where you start, you can see the sea. If my rotations are correct, then that is the sea south of Crete. While Knossos is located more to the north of Crete, I've never been there but it would seem to me more logical that you could see the sea on the north side rather than the south side as in the case of this map.

The Minotaur statue is also pointing north on this map btw.

Alright, as promissed I have here a preview of the map I'm drawing. Note that I haven't nearly drawn all the rooms yet, this is just an early preview.

I think I'll make two different versions when I'm done, one with points of what's what, and which of the three paths goes where. And one vanilla map with just the layout.

Labyrinth03preview2.jpg

I'll also later add some visual changes to you can see which the rooms are which you see in game, and which passages are just to connect the different rooms, which you don't actually see ingame.

I have no new preview at this time, but a lot of things are coming together now. It's really cool to see how things fit.

Since Fate of Atlantis is being re-released on steam soon I'm gonna try to finish this extra fast, though it's still a lot of work. Sometimes when adding a new room it doesn't quite fit so I have to move around with the old rooms a bit too. Hopefully I'll get it done soon.

Archived