Home

Star Wars: The Sith Resurrection Part VI: Death to the Sith

"Yes he was angry with you little pretty," Tyrannus replied. "He also hates Kaltas and anyone with him. A part of you is still with Kaltas." He played with the chobos as if it were a toy. It was rather a miracle he didn't slice off a finger or hand in the process. "Virul has an obsession. They are good to a degree since he succeeded in having you."

When Andirrul ended her little piece, Tyrannus gave a wry smile, "You forget one thing. The Jedi too seek power but they justify it by applying it to the greater good. In the end they are no different than you or me. Understand?"

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the sight of the watch's time, memories flashed through Kalla's mind, of her father besting Virul in combat, Andorra hacking Virul's body to pieces, Andorra becoming Andirrul, and of her mother's death. "I know exactly what you mean." She said to Tonatius.

"I agree. Do be careful." Komad replied, leaving to join Kurt and Alriana in the medbay. "Anything yet?" He asked Kurt, before noticing that she was waking up.

"Anything yet?"

Alriana kept staring at the celling even as she felt Master Komad walk into the room.

"It's funny isn't it? How nearly a hundred years can pass you by in the blink of an eye? Back in my time we fought Droids...then the clones...and then Storm Troopers..."

She turned to look at Komad with tears in her eyes.

"Please...tell me there's a way for me to go back...please tell me that there is a way for me to get back to my time."

Kurt turned around to face Komad as he walked into the room.

"Actually she did open her eyes."

He looked over at Alriana as she began to speak. He was never the best at the emotional stuff and should have been at least a little sad at the tale. Instead though Kurt just looked at her with a blank stare hiding under his helmet. Rather than say anything he decided to stay quiet. All he would do is make her feel worse.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." Was all Komad could think to say. Truth be told, he couldn't possibly know what she had gone through, even before being frozen. Hell, no Jedi from this day and age could truly comprehend the horrors of Order 66.

Reyvan then checked the refresher for the dead body the bartender mentioned, there it was. It was definitely the work of someone who knew what they were doing, and not too long ago, either. Stepping back out into the main area of the cantina, he said to Kalla and Tonatius, "She couldn't have gotten far. We need to start searching now."

"I'm afraid so. This 'future' isn't all bad, though. Remember, both the Jedi and the Republic returned, changed but recognisable. And as long as you need me to be, I'll be here for you." Komad said to Alriana, trying to be both honest and comforting.

Kurt wished there was a way to send her back to her own time but that would be impossible.

"At least here you won't have to worry about your own troops turning on you. Everyone whose on the side of the Republic has joined up because they're fighting for what they believe in. They were made to fight they want to."

Kurt wished he could laugh at the irony in that response but laughing was for normal people. He was made to fight but at least he still had his spirit to do good in him.

"If you'd like I can leave so I don't make this situation uncomfortable. I'm not the best when it comes to emotions but we are alike Alriana. You're new to this place and missed out on your past life and I being a brain washed super soldier never got to experience a childhood. So I do know what its like to be isolated."

The owner of the Celebrity Planet Cantina returned, handing the Jedi a glowing holopad with a series of twelve numbers on it. "If you want the chronometer," he announced, his face blanched a sickly eggshell white, "then here's the account number for the one who brought it to me. He demands no less than 500,000 credits for it. If you want to set up a meeting in person, he...he said he'd be in the Huntau Station Atrium, collecting 'plant samples' for a military experiment in medicine. I...wish you good luck." He shook his head. His own fortune had gone down the drain, along with the afternoon's record profits. Jedi. How come they always had to come and spoil everything?

Andirrul nodded. "Certainly. The Jedi like to pretend that their seeking of power is entirely selfless, but what desire for power is? Do they not feel the rush of life, and the inpouring of the Force, when they learn a new stance or technique? As for me, I must--" Abruptly, she turned and fled, bolting for the refreshers and spewing up the meager allowance of caf she'd allotted herself.

Virul made her shake and shiver, kneeling down in front of the latrine. Why are you letting HIM advise you? You were supposed to KILL him, either through your own efforts or those of your assassins--namely that 'Terror-monster'! Why do you spare his life? Why do you pay him heed? I was right. You are weak. You are spineless, even as a Sith. Thus, you will pay!

She stuffed her fist in her mouth to keep from screaming as the Dark Lord sent a bolt of Force energy straight through her body. Help me, came her desperate cry. Help me! Virul's getting stronger, and I--can't--hold--

"I'm afraid so. This 'future' isn't all bad, though. Remember, both the Jedi and the Republic returned, changed but recognisable. And as long as you need me to be, I'll be here for you."

"No...The Jedi Order that I tried to protect is long since dead. The republic that I served is long dead...And I don't want either of you here for me right now. I just want you to leave me alone for now."

"At least here you won't have to worry about your own troops turning on you. Everyone whose on the side of the Republic has joined up because they're fighting for what they believe in. They were made to fight they want to."

"Is that supposed to be comforting? Because it isn't. The clones were simply carrying out their orders."

Alriana laid her head back on the pillow and sighed deeply as she let her mind drift through the force with no particular destination in mind. All she wanted to do now was simply drift.

Help me, Help me! Virul's getting stronger, and I--can't--hold--

What the...Who is this? Where are you?

"I'm sorry we had to do that. We couldn't let something that dangerous fall into just anyone's hands." Reyvan explained, passing the bartender a handful of credits. "20,000. It's not much for compensation, but it's better than nothing." The three of them then left the cantina, rushing to the Atrium. As they arrived, Kalla and Reyvan activated their lightsabers, holding them in a Niman and a Djem So stance, respectively.

"So, we meet again, Pahro." Reyvan said, seeing past the "soldier's" disguise.

Pahro Utonula licked her lips. "Jedi. I don't know whom you're addressing, but it's definitely not me. My name is Private Pitr Orkutt, and unless you wish for me to sic the security-guard kath hounds on you, I suggest you move out of my way. You can't prove anything, even if I was this 'Pahro' you want. I'm going to pretend this never happened and go on about my business. You would be wise to go on about yours. Otherwise, I'll have no choice but to see justice is served." She smiled. "Unless you want to pay for the chronometer."

Dark...ship...strength is gone... Andirrul promptly fell unconscious.

Trying to fight the influence of Lord Virul was like trying to fight--well--a virus. His infection of her soul was accelerating, and no matter how hard she as Andorra fought, he as Dark Lord of the Sith fought even more relentlessly. Andorra Evenstar may have had a logical mind, but what was logic in the face of blind faith and irretractable conviction? Andorra may have had a compassionate heart, but what was compassion in the face of ruthlessness? Andorra may have had a kind and loving soul, but what were kindness and love in the face of cruelty and hatred? It was useless, as she was learning.

Yet she would not yield. Not completely. Not yet. She still loved Kalla, despite the latter's betrayal, and as long as she loved Kalla, she would never completely fall to the Dark Side. She would never let Virul conquer utterly.

"Despite what my master said back in the cantina to protect a bunch of idiots with a few too many credits in their pockets, that chronometer is geniune. Want to know why? I was the one who gave it to Andorra, or Andirrul as she calls herself now. I seriously doubt a man like you could steal something from the Dark Lady of the Sith, but then again, with curves and a face like that, I doubt you really are a man. Maybe you got it another way. What, are you the woman she's 'replaced' me with?" Kalla asked, trying to bait Pahro into revealing herself.

"That was Andorra you heard. That means there's still a chance to save her. Thank you." Komad said to Alriana before complying with her request. "These Sith returned about a year before I was born, we, the Jedi and the Republic, fought them, for twenty-five long years. Eventually we won, but some of the Sith, including Darth Virul, survived, and three years ago, they split the Republic in two, and that's how this conflict started. Fortunately, since last year, the Sith no longer control the New Empire, and they needed eachother. One more thing you should know, is that there is now Rule of Two anymore. The Sith could potentially equal the Jedi in number, but their numbers have been thinned to nearly nothing."

Pahro snorted derisively. "Hardly. I never even met her. I chanced to procure the Dark Lady's chronometer through a Sith minion, a mere pawn in her little scheme, who was more interested in credits than in ruling the galaxy. That minion sold the artifact to another minion, who sold it to another one, who sold it to me. I paid quite a hefty sum for it, and I intend--or at least I intended--to recover most of the credits I lost through having the bottom-feeders at the Celebrity Planet Cantina foot the bill. Is that a crime? Certainly not. The chronometer is real, not a fake, and for that some would pay any price. Imagine...a genuine relic of the Sith! Even for collectors, the chance to acquire anything belonging to a living Sith Lord is worth twice as much as the memorabilia belonging to a dead one. I jumped at the chance. So sue me."

She then dangled the "hook" a little further into the "waters" of the tense situation: "If you wish, for an even greater sum, I can get back in contact with the series of Sith pawns who sold me the chronometer. Through them, perhaps I can reach the Dark Lady herself, and you? You can kill her."

Her leer was absolutely menacing. "I despise Sith just a little more than Jedi."

"We'll think about it. One thing you can't deny, though, is that you're a woman disguised as a man, which doesn't make a lot of sense to me, considering the Republic's military doesn't discriminate based on sex." Reyvan commented, huddling in with Kalla and Tonatius, and out of earshot of Pahro. "This is the chance we need." Kalla said. "It could be a trap, it's too risky." Reyvan pointed out.

Wrath heard the cry of the Andorra side of Andirrul through the force.

Andorra? thought a voice inside Wrath's subconcious.

What is this nonsense? Have I grown weak in my time under Andirrul's rule?

He turned off the holopad and left the room. He didn't know what to do, check up on Andirrul or continue his buisness. To betray his Master Virul was unthinkable to him; he would rather die than betray. He knew that he wouldn't but still...this new master Andirrul has shown honor, kindness, and has praised Wrath for his deeds. The call could have been to any force user, it wasn't like it was a call to him directly. He decided to drop this mind arguement with himself for now and just return to his chambers.

--------------------------

A quiet Kurt stood next to Komad and listened in on the conversation. He had nothing to say about the sith since Komad had more experience fighting them. That really didn't matter now, if Alriana wasn't in danger than who was?

"Sir not to be off topic but isn't there still some kind of threat here on the station?"

"You're right. Let's go." Komad replied, leading Kurt out of the med bay. Upon their arrival at the Celebrity Planet Cantina, they were promptly directed to the Atrium, where they saw Kalla, Reyvan and Tonatius in a standoff with the Republic soldier they met before. Reyvan then explained the situation to them. "I don't think we can trust her. She might just take the credits and run, or lead us into a trap." Komad pointed. "I think it's worth the risk." Kalla retorted.

Pahro Utonula snuck toward the Atrium of Huntau Station, where she saw the Jedi congregating. Ah. They're debating whether or not to trust me. They mistake me for a common thief, who is only after the credits, at one moment and then happen upon my true intent the next. What will they do? If they decide not to take me up on the offer of the chronometer, I'll have to utilize more forceful methods to get them within reach of the Dark Lady's grasp. How can they resist such a chance? It's a good thing I have one gas grenade that causes an instant smokescreen. I might not be able to capture all three Jedi, but the one called Tonatius? I can tell my Mistress hates him. The trouble is, what does she want more: Tonatius dead, or Kalla alive?

When Andorra came to consciousness, kneeling down in front of one of the latrines in the refreshers, she stood up. What was that? How did I succumb so quickly? After emerging in her full mind, she summoned Wrath.

"I have a bad feeling," she said, "that Virul is both strong and insane. He speaks in tongues of which none of us have any knowledge, and when he tries to make sense, he doesn't make any. He'd like to speak to you."

Momentarily losing control of her own mind, Andorra let her Master take over.

"Unau! Pri za dopah ty na! Kakuyu tono dee orgati flatz! Zu-da!"

Gazing sheepishly at Wrath, Andirrul came back to her senses. "See? I have only the vaguest idea that he wanted to insult you, call you a failure for not achieving victory at Bastion, but that's only my guess. I don't know what Virul plans for me, and that's half the dilemma I'm facing right now. If we're going to defeat the Jedi once and for all, we don't need a raving lunatic to do it! We need someone strong, and Virul is making me weaker. Kuzau!"

The Dark Lady's face turned pale. "I think I'm going to be sick, Wrath."

"Something strikes me odd about her. The fact that she lied about being a male soldier is a little weird. For that matter how can we be sure she's even a soldier on the Republic. I don't think she can be trusted either." Kurt replied.

-----------------------

Wrath stood by Andirrul's side as she explained what Virul was doing to her. He stood there puzzled as the Virul side yelled at him. Though after he was finished speaking he felt rage build up inside him.

My failure at Bastion?!?! I did all I could!...wait could it be a test? He knows I stay loyal, does he want me to betray him? Strike Andorra down so his soul will be free again, it must be it.

Wrath looked into her eyes when she became herself again. He could see that Virul was making her weaker but Wrath refused to strike her down.

"I think he's trying to make you weak so that I will follow sith law and strike you down. He must want a new body so that he will have full control again. You have respected me as a warrior and have shown kindness in the form of a sith. The cells in my body can take the form of anything. They could work as extra brain cells, maybe that will give you the edge you need."

"She's definitely not a Republic soldier. And her story's not that believable either." Reyvan commented. "You're right master. It's too risky." Kalla conceded. Reyvan then approached Pahro. "After discussing it, we've decided not to take your offer." He told her.

Alriana slowly rose to her feet and stared directly at one of the walls. That presence....it's the same as on Jaltra

The woman who had tried to kill her on Jaltra was on the station. Most likely here to try and kill her again.

Alriana got up out of the bed and walked out the door, following the presence like a Bounty hunter following a Bounty.

Garrick and Barek began walking down the corridor leading to the Docking Hangar where the Republic ship was coming in.

"So...Republic commander, what else have you found out, Barek?" Garrick asked.

"Well...she apparently has quite the reputation, getting high scores in Officer's School...the Highest...and she is the ONLY officer to fight Grand Admiral Velerc to a standstill in the Outer Rim engagements. Not a victory, but certainly not a defeat."

Garrick nodded, "Hmm...this is impressive indeed. We'll have to meet her in person, that could be in the best of the Clan's interest."

Barek smiled and nodded, walking quickly after the soon-to-be Mand'alor. They soon reached the Hangar, and requested a meeting with the Republic's Naval commander.

"Velerc is it possible to know exactly where Konig is on Amshrey? If he's in a prison I want to know which cell and which floor."

Velerc understood Wrath's concern, nodding and shifting his weight back and forth from the left and right.

"Wrath...we don't know any of this information....yet. We'll work as hard as we can to save Operative Konig...he is probably one of our finest Death Gaurds...losing him is a great shame."

Belina nodded at the Mandalorian on the screen.

"I'd be glad to meet with your commander. I'll be over in a few minutes as soon as I take care of things over here."

She turned toward the tactical station as the screen flickered off. "I want Shields and Weapons to be a repair priority. Engines and Hyperdrive as well. Who knows when a Sith Battle fleet could drop by?"

The first officer nodded and saluted.

"It shall be done Admiral."

Beline nodded and headed for the airlock that would take her to the Mandalorian Flagship's hanger.

Time to meet the neighbors.

Archived