Home

More walkthroughs???

According to this post there was ANOTHER walkthrough last Friday... continuing off from the last one.

Can anyone explain to me what the point of this is?? I understand some people saying that the first walkthrough spoiled too much for them. For me it was ok, but now another one. Even that's too much for me... It feels like they're taunting us...

"Here's a game that's 100% finished. We know you want it, but instead, why not watch US play it!"

Unless they're the buying time to fix the GB sprite, this must be the worst marketing of a game ever... Are they actually reaching any new players with this strategy or are people just getting fed up and looking forward to Tales instead?

I'm guessing that we're not going to get the SE until after Tales has been released. It sounds like they're going to try and piggy-back on TTGs.

Yeah crazy, I read that too and was like, "Wow, even I don't want to see anymore until I can play it now!"

Who was that for? Anyone who hasn't played is spoiling and those of us that have played through a bunch of times really don't need to see anymore.

1UP are listing the release date at the 15th of July now. A week after the first Tales. Little later than I expected (expected this week), but soon enough I guess. Especially with Tales so soon now.

Guess they want to ride off the likely good press for Tales, which will no doubt get more press than the SE.

@ThunderPeel2001

I think they want to give the small company TTG more chance... Cuz they´re not as known as LucasArts. Mybe the say it just on July 7th.

Or the SE could only be promotion for the "new" Monkey Island. Or for the new generation of videogame player...

I agree, since we all already know the whole game by heart, the gameplay element isn't much of a surprise. Only who looks like what and who sounds like what can be a surprise, which is exactly what they're spoiling.

I guess they just wanna show off how they pollished everything up and hype it as much as possible so it sells.

I took part in the playthrough on friday

It wasnt that bad, most of the time was spent on swordfighting and they only completed the three trials, now just starting gathering ship and crew. I have to say i feel the same, i want that feeling of discovery myself when im playing it.

I think what keeps me coming back is it stikes a chord of nostalgia for me, its very similar to how my mom, brother and I would play adventure games. Way back in the day there would be one of us controlling the character and the rest of us would shout out ideas, the sillyer the better usually :D (sierra parser games are good for this too)

Im reluctant to go to the next weeks playthrough but at the same time they said they were going to be revealing a secret and im curious to what that will be. Probably the release date.

Well I watched them and I don't feel the least bit bad for doing so. I know all the puzzles already and it's not like every last detail is being explored in these playthroughs. A LOT of stuff was skipped over, they didn't even check if the stump joke was back in. But then saying that, maybe that's because they knew there was nothing there because it wasn't back in XD

Actually, I think hardly anything was looked at. There is still much to be explored in the game.

Also, they said they weren't doing SMI again this week so they only really showed the first part of the game.

Archived